The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Personally I'm happy he captained us to promotion. He could still captain and inspire us to our first major trophy in 25 years and keep us up playing pretty much the main part.

Imagine if he had gone to Spurs in August 2018. We'd probably still be in championship and resenting him doing well somewhere else like we did with Barry, Young and Milner in the early days.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yes he's a Villa fan but he also loves the game in general, and will be desperate to play at a top club, playing with better players, experiencing those special European nights etc. He'll be off in the summer no matter what IMO, and good luck to him as he deserves it.

Somebody still has to pay the $$$ for him and I’m still not convinced anybody is going to even come close to the money we would contemplate for him.

Assume Liverpool or Man city are not in for him, then let’s look at the rest of the English contingent.

Leicester - they have Maddison, don’t seem likely anyway

Chelsea - just brought Ziyech and have Willian and Mount...never say never with Chelsea but seems unlikely

Spurs - maybe but would Levy spend that level of money, they have players in that position like the guy they just brought and Dele 

Man U - most obvious link, need to spend big in the summer, bit of a graveyard and elite players aren’t going there..

Wolves - Doubt it

Everton - Don’t think so, would they spend that kind of money, would Jack be interested in them...seems unlikely.

Arsenal - Interesting what they will do, don’t generally spend big money then they brought Pepe. The big two upfront seem to be looking to leave if reports are correct.  I think Arteta is likely to go abroad for signings generally and how much money do they have to spend because he needs to overhaul them

So maybe abroad? Who knows!  But unless Liverpool or Man City, IMO only really Man U would be really willing/able to spend so much money and would want/need to.  If I was Jack, with his talent, Man U I wouldn’t go to in their current transition unless I was going for the money.  Even Europe for them is a struggle these days and I’m still not convinced OGS will be there more than another twelve months.

So IMO I think thinking Jack is definitely off whatever seems to be missing a lot of reality even just looking at the buying teams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Somebody still has to pay the $$$ for him and I’m still not convinced anybody is going to even come close to the money we would contemplate for him.

Assume Liverpool or Man city are not in for him, then let’s look at the rest of the English contingent.

Leicester - they have Maddison, don’t seem likely anyway

Chelsea - just brought Ziyech and have Willian and Mount...never say never with Chelsea but seems unlikely

Spurs - maybe but would Levy spend that level of money, they have players in that position like the guy they just brought and Dele 

Man U - most obvious link, need to spend big in the summer, bit of a graveyard and elite players aren’t going there..

Wolves - Doubt it

Everton - Don’t think so, would they spend that kind of money, would Jack be interested in them...seems unlikely.

Arsenal - Interesting what they will do, don’t generally spend big money then they brought Pepe. The big two upfront seem to be looking to leave if reports are correct.  I think Arteta is likely to go abroad for signings generally and how much money do they have to spend because he needs to overhaul them

So maybe abroad? Who knows!  But unless Liverpool or Man City, IMO only really Man U would be really willing/able to spend so much money and would want/need to.  If I was Jack, with his talent, Man U I wouldn’t go to in their current transition unless I was going for the money.  Even Europe for them is a struggle these days and I’m still not convinced OGS will be there more than another twelve months.

So IMO I think thinking Jack is definitely off whatever seems to be missing a lot of reality even just looking at the buying teams

I still find it baffling that most people on here seem to think the recent signing of a top quality CAM they have just signed in Bruno Fernandes doesn't exist.

As a matter of fact I saw Man U fans on a youtube video arguing that they don't need Grealish, and others saying he would be backup to him. As well as others claiming they should sign him AND Maddison.

Man City future not certain currently.

I pretty much agree with most of your post though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What do Villa deserve?

His absolute commitment and continued loyalty until such time as we cannot give him what he wants and receive an acceptable offer.

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still find it baffling that most people on here seem to think the recent signing of a top quality CAM they have just signed in Bruno Fernandes doesn't exist.

As a matter of fact I saw Man U fans on a youtube video arguing that they don't need Grealish, and others saying he would be backup to him. As well as others claiming they should sign him AND Maddison.

Grealish is much better than him.

Utd are run that badly signing two excellent players for the same role in the XI wouldn't be out of the question.

Plus Jacko can obviously move round a bit.

It'd be a blow to see him go Utd when they're so bad. He will transform them though.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I agree re Fernandes but they need so much more, he’s just one of a number of players they need both in the squad and just from an attacking sense if they want to compete for the league again.

You second sentence is key for me this summer. Grealish is still not seen as we know he is, he’s still not appreciated as much as we do.  He’s put into the bracket of the Maddison’s, Mount’s and Ali’s of this world, and probably not seen as the front runner of those by a long way which again points to me he’ll be here next season.

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

His absolute commitment and continued loyalty until such time as we cannot give him what he wants and receive an acceptable offer.

Which may well be the summer.  Im actually starting to  think if we stay up we may price him out of a move.  Similar to how Palace did with Zaha.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Money talks unfortunately,

It does. But it's not just about money.

If we offered Grealish £150k a week and Liverpool or Man City offered him the same, he'd probably still go.

He is a player capable of winning league titles and trophies. he won't do that here.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am so fed up by this loser mentality among Villa fans that every superb player we have "deserve" to move on. Sometime it just doesn't come across you're Villa fans. 

I completely agree.  Fans complain about the quality we have brought (mostly in hindsight) and then a player that is quality they say deserves to move on.

• Like 1

I genuinely think Grealish can be English football's next Beckham - a "superstar", and if he manages his career appropriately he could acheive just that. His next move is very, very important, if we stay up he is young enough and likely to be in a position to stick around and consider his options as the domestic landscape is uncertain - Man Utd rebuilding and lots of uncertainty around their leadership and management, and not guaranteed CL football yet. Man City seemed a good fit until they got their ban. Not sure he suits Liverpool's recruitment, however they are going to be the English games juggernaut for many years to come, and I think the pace to be. Real Madrid might even come knocking and its hard to turn them down, and this move could suit everyone (except us fans).

I think he needs to cement his position with the National team first then will have the world at his feet. All good things come to those who wait.

If I was a betting man and we stayed up I reckon he signs a new deal and a promise of letting him go for the right price to the right team if an offer arrives. Jack is a King here and is doing alright being the centre of attention in this environment at the moment. But I wouldn't underestimate our owners wealth and long game ambition in all this either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

So to be a Villa fan you have to be a blind dumbass, not in line with reality?  

Yea it would be great to have Jack stay and lead us to glory, but let's be real here, even if we stay up, we're 4-5 years away from the Champions League, unless all the teams above us collapse OR we buy 5 or 6 players who fit our exact criteria and hit the ground running.

We're not Roma, who had good players, and got topped up by having Totti to win them the league, we've got young players who MIGHT become good players, but that's it. 

If Jack wants to win stuff (and I suggest he probably does), then he will leave us this summer (unless he wants to see what we do in the summer).

It's got **** all to do with being a real villa fan, it's year after year after year of watching the game, and seeing what happens to the 91 teams who don't win the league.

If you can't accept "that's just how it is", for your own mental health, I suggest you stop watching. 

Couldn’t disagree more.  I can’t imagine  thinking all season that Jack is going to leave, it’s such a defeatist way of looking at things and I don’t think it’s reality.

In my previous post I highlighted how few teams could/likely to buy him.  You then have that we have a contract that can extract big money....yes players have more power but look at Zaha for example how clubs still have some power plus Jacks a Villa fan.  

Wouldn’t it be a dream to get you boyhood club back up there, I knew that was always my dream and we are on that journey especially mega rich owners.  Another year as well at top level with us will likely get him a better club than now because people outside Villa are only just waking up to him.

i just think there are too many factors to suggest he’ll stay than to go....money to buy him, clubs that are interested, clubs appreciating his talent, Villas ambition, competing talent purchasable cheaper and being a Villa fan.

At the end of the day though I still don’t think anybody will cough up the money for him.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  I can’t imagine  thinking all season that Jack is going to leave, it’s such a defeatist way of looking at things and I don’t think it’s reality.

In my previous post I highlighted how few teams could/likely to buy him.  You then have that we have a contract that can extract big money....yes players have more power but look at Zaha for example how clubs still have some power plus Jacks a Villa fan.  

Wouldn’t it be a dream to get you boyhood club back up there, I knew that was always my dream and we are on that journey especially mega rich owners.  Another year as well at top level with us will likely get him a better club than now because people outside Villa are only just waking up to him.

i just think there are too many factors to suggest he’ll stay than to go....money to buy him, clubs that are interested, clubs appreciating his talent, Villas ambition, competing talent purchasable cheaper and being a Villa fan.

At the end of the day though I still don’t think anybody will cough up the money for him.

I'm not saying I hope he goes, obviously not - he makes us a much better team. 

I'm saying it's likely he will go.  If we go down, which is a real possibility, he'll be sold for less than we want.  If we stay up, there will be a few teams who would put big money down to buy him.  

I can also see the possibility of him staying, which is why I said he might want to see what our owners are capable of (ffp compliant obviously).  If Christian Purslow can sell him a dream, that within 2 years we'll be aiming for CL and we put our money where our mouths are, then sure, I can see him staying.  

I just think the chances of him staying are less than 50%. 

• Like 1

I was just thinking that if we win the cup, the European football might be enough to keep Jack should we stay in the PL.

But then I had a thought that just made me jump out of the chair; IF Man City do get banned from European Competitions for the next 2 years, doesn't that mean that we automatically get European Football next season? Or would it go to 7th place in the league?

Â