The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I was just thinking that if we win the cup, the European football might be enough to keep Jack should we stay in the PL.

But then I had a thought that just made me jump out of the chair; IF Man City do get banned from European Competitions for the next 2 years, doesn't that mean that we automatically get European Football next season? Or would it go to 7th place in the league?

We wouldn't get it. 

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I was just thinking that if we win the cup, the European football might be enough to keep Jack should we stay in the PL.

But then I had a thought that just made me jump out of the chair; IF Man City do get banned from European Competitions for the next 2 years, doesn't that mean that we automatically get European Football next season? Or would it go to 7th place in the league?

It goes to highest placed team in the league 

Only winner get's a European spot.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  I can’t imagine  thinking all season that Jack is going to leave, it’s such a defeatist way of looking at things and I don’t think it’s reality.

In my previous post I highlighted how few teams could/likely to buy him.  You then have that we have a contract that can extract big money....yes players have more power but look at Zaha for example how clubs still have some power plus Jacks a Villa fan.  

Wouldn’t it be a dream to get you boyhood club back up there, I knew that was always my dream and we are on that journey especially mega rich owners.  Another year as well at top level with us will likely get him a better club than now because people outside Villa are only just waking up to him.

i just think there are too many factors to suggest he’ll stay than to go....money to buy him, clubs that are interested, clubs appreciating his talent, Villas ambition, competing talent purchasable cheaper and being a Villa fan.

At the end of the day though I still don’t think anybody will cough up the money for him.

Well I guess I could be delusional and also go through the season thinking we could win the league but what's the point?

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well I guess I could be delusional and also go through the season thinking we could win the league but what's the point?

Bit of difference between thinking Jack is staying and winning the league.....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, it just means we aren't school kids in the playground and have watched enough football to see what happens. 

Top quality players end up playing for the big teams. 

Thing is, if you weren't school kids, you'd know we are a big club. 

Only suckers and losers walk around talking about giving up something good cause it may happen. 

So small time it hurts. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Only suckers and losers walk around talking about giving up something good cause it may happen. 

So small time it hurts. 

Haha, sounds like a scene from Wall Street.

Brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve just bumped in to Jack at the King’s Road Lidl in Sutton Coldfield, he was buying some of those tasty chocolate twists and a new leaf blower, anyway he said he’s “definitely staying at Villa because we’re a huge club just on the cusp of building something special, no other club would ever come close to how Villa makes him feel”.

He also asked where the tinned tomatoes were.

Make of that what you will. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am so fed up by this loser mentality among Villa fans that every superb player we have "deserve" to move on. Sometime it just doesn't come across you're Villa fans. 

Heard you say this a few times.  Didn't you start supporting Villa because you liked the colours or something?

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So small time it hurts. 

Wtf is this?  You sound like an arrogant Liverpool or Man United fan that has never even been to those cities. Its this kind of shit that makes me glad I support my local club instead of one of the ‘big time’ clubs. I’m surprised you didn’t choose one of them to support to be honest. Or are you not a fan of the colour red ;) 

On 10/02/2020 at 18:45, KentVillan said:

Benitez is an old school manager who wants total control, running transfer policy and so on. A very good tactician, but completely unsuited to our setup.

Also, how can anyone honestly talk about "bang average managers" and also advocate for Sam Allardyce?

I don't want Sam Allardyce......but he would keep us up.

Its the trade off, I would struggle with.....but Dean has the 12 games.

without Jack we would already be down.

Edited by TRO

46 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So small time it hurts. 

Embarrassing juvenile nonsense 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am so fed up by this loser mentality among Villa fans that every superb player we have "deserve" to move on. Sometime it just doesn't come across you're Villa fans. 

Who has said he "deserves" to move on?

People are saying he's good enough to play at a top club and he'll probably move on to further his career. It's not a loser mentality, it's realism. Nobody is saying the club shouldn't fight tooth and nail to keep him, they're just saying he'll probably move on.

**** this "better fan than you" bollocks. Just because someone is realistic with where they think a player will end up doesn't make them less of a fan.

If you think Grealish is going to stay here you're either wildly optimistic or thick as mince. It doesn't make you a better fan

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We all want Jack to stay. I don’t get why fans get so touchy about us talking about him potentially moving on. This is football. Happens all the time. 

Jack leaving would be the hardest transfer to take for me. It was tough losing Yorke, Barry, Milner... even Young and Delph, but they were all forced into it by the club’s lack of ambition.

The issue with Jack going is we can all see it’s on the cards (except for VT’s resident playground hardman) but the club really does have the cash this time to build a team around him. It’s just that he’s perhaps one year too old to be willing to wait, and FFP will slow down our progress.

He’s such a talented, exciting player, he has brought pride back to the club, and a sense of identity as well. Would be tragic if we had to sell him - but realistically his ambition and FFP’s constraints may force us into it. Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Jack leaving would be the hardest transfer to take for me. It was tough losing Yorke, Barry, Milner... even Young and Delph, but they were all forced into it by the club’s lack of ambition.

The issue with Jack going is we can all see it’s on the cards (except for VT’s resident playground hardman) but the club really does have the cash this time to build a team around him. It’s just that he’s perhaps one year too old to be willing to wait, and FFP will slow down our progress.

He’s such a talented, exciting player, he has brought pride back to the club, and a sense of identity as well. Would be tragic if we had to sell him - but realistically his ambition and FFP’s constraints may force us into it. Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that.

I do think if we stay up there is a chance we could get another season out of him due to nobody meeting the clubs valuation of him. 

Â