The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

You have to be very careful how you blood young players, but in a relatively unimportant game, yes, it would be good to see one of our young guys come on for 10/15 minutes, either Grealish or Robinson.

Guess whos training with the first team tomorrow... (No not me !)

Good , does that mean he might be in the squad for man city?

Most definitely, a might.

Does that mean Kev is going bye-bye then? ;)

• Like 1

List of things Grealish can do:

* turn on a dime and win a foul in the process.

* dribble across the face of the penalty area with the ball

* be johnny on the spot in the penalty area

* control the ball

* Finish inside the penalty area

* Nicely timed pass or through ball

* Tracking back to help cover defensively

List of things Grealish doesn't do (not saying can't)

* Long range shooting

* Heading

* Tackling

Will Grealish stay a winger? I don't know. I reckon he could end up in a number of positions.

You get slated yet this post is so true. Jack needs to learn but he doesn't have the self belief he can do it IMO. Always looking out for the team and not himself.

Gets the ball does a bit of class then sets someone else up. Quite frustrating to watch tbh.

Yeah I'd agree with that too, hopefully his shooting is something that he can develop in time and experience.

Heading I dont care about but tackling is something he needs to get to at least a base level to survive in Prem. Again that should improve with experience. 

I've always seen him as a Silva type player and often a bit of magic and then a decent pass is all that is required, if he can do that consistently and under pressure at the hghest level then he will do fine. How often have we fielded teams devoid of any magic this year.

Difference with Silva is that he can finish and do a job for the team but he if he turns out to be 50% as good then he will do OK for himself.

• Like 1

Apparently Steve Staunton couldn't head the ball properly and when we were short of cover at centre-half (possibly under Gregory - perhaps just before he quit) he had to learn so his team mates just fired missile crosses at him for him to clear to train him to head the ball. A few months later he was playing at centre-half in the World Cup.

Not a particular relevant anecdote to this thread but I thought I'd throw it in there. Perhaps this is all Grealish needs.

• Like 1

why haven't we given him a new deal yet?? I don't want him to debut.. have 2 blinder games and gets bought for nothing next season :P

Would be great to see him play though. Kev any news on a new deal now that were safe??

Edited by KSV

Â