The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

BTW I don't disagree that he's been excellent and is our best prospect - just in case anyone thought I was intending to "run down our youth players."

It's an excellent season.

Just the idea that he is the next Eden Hazard or Garath Bale is not justified on the basis of his first professional season. Personally, I'd wanted a few long shots to go in.

I don't have stats to hand but don't recall Bale scoring too many goals early in his career. In fact he started notoriously slowly and then exploded when everything clicked in place and he was scoring ridiculous goals. Bit like what happened with Ronaldo at Utd and what we're seeing now with Hazard.

BTW I don't disagree that he's been excellent and is our best prospect - just in case anyone thought I was intending to "run down our youth players."

Just the idea that he is the next Eden Hazard or Garath Bale is not justified on the basis of his first professional season. Personally, I'd wanted a few long shots to go in.

I don't have stats to hand but don't recall Bale scoring too many goals early in his career. In fact he started notoriously slowly and then exploded when everything clicked in place and he was scoring ridiculous goals. Bit like what happened with Ronaldo at Utd and what we're seeing now with Hazard.

5 goals in 40 for Southampton. What position was he playing?

He could score free kicks

Great post Tarjei. I think its fair to say that Con is open about his opinion and entitled to it. Whether that be bringing in stats or not.

Regarding the long shots I hope Jack can work on them even more. I do kind of agree with him in that sense. Using Bale purely as an example, hes now become incredible at long range shooting as hes become higher up the pitch and matured.

Jack tbf has been a lot more defensively sound, helping his left back when possible aswell this season. Also he might be one of those players that hasn't got it in his locker and would prefer to play with the ball (I hope not as you dont get noticed enough these days for assists ! ).

But tbh Jack did score quite a few of long rangers aswell at youth level but things are a lot harder (more pressure) at a competitive level... See Tonev thread for more info :/

• Like 4

Didn't Spurs fail to win for a ridiculously long time whenever Bale played after they first signed him?

I don't think anybody expects him to become the next Gareth Bale.

All I expect is that he gives it his all when he dons the claret and blue, hopefully in turn meaning we get a great, young and exciting prospect. Fingers crossed he meets his potential, he can be whatever he wants to be if he works hard enough.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

It's also really important he has a manager who encourages his creative flair and fits it into the team structure. Is Lambert the man for this, I have my doubts tbh so a takeover could be good for Jack.

You only have to see the difference in Barkley's performances for Everton under Martinez and Moyes. Barkley looked nothing special in his loan spells btw.

• Like 1

Im positive if Houllier was still here then Grealish would be in the first team or at least on the bench. He has been the only managed that was interested in our youth players.

I'm positive if Houllier was her many things would be better!

• Like 2

Just had a look and Notts Co last game is against Oldham on May 3rd. If they get a point or more from that they should definatley be safe, even if Tranmere wins. Then he can have a party, come home and help Villa do the same.

Unforunatly our last two games are away (and against City and Spurs), so it's perhaps not the ideal games to get a debut.

Also he was in manchester a few days ago because they met some agents I think.

In preparation for discussing a new contract with Villa, I hope!

I just hope the usually knee jerk Villa fans don’t expect him to come back and light up the premier league?

He may well do, but he’s been playing in League 1 and a club that could still be relegated in league 1.

some already do :P

• Like 1

Â