The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Who? The kid in the glasses? Yeah I suppose he's decent looking, nice smile 'n all. Better than the guy behind him with the little goatee!.... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be great to see him in the last 2 games even if we lose both the experience would stand him in good stead and let him know what it's going to be like.

Agreed about the dodgy hair cut though maybe as I'm thinning out it's just jealousy :)

I'd be wary about sending kids in against Man City. Remember Michael Bradley? I think he only ever got the one start for us, against City, got slated by fans and never really got a look in again. Would be great to see Grealish and some others get a few minutes, but only if the circumstances are right. 

I'd be wary about sending kids in against Man City. Remember Michael Bradley? I think he only ever got the one start for us, against City, got slated by fans and never really got a look in again. Would be great to see Grealish and some others get a few minutes, but only if the circumstances are right. 

Bradley was a player bought in on a half season loan by a manager universally disliked by Villa fans. Where is the comparison?

Bradley was a player bought in on a half season loan by a manager universally disliked by Villa fans. Where is the comparison?

He was still a relative youngster, who we all wanted to have a look at and see if he could make it here. He played in a weakened team against far superior opposition and never came back from that. The same could happen to youngsters we throw in now. We all want to have a look at them, but if we throw them in now and they don't perform they'll be plenty of Villa fans who'll demand they're thrown on the scrapheap. 

He was still a relative youngster, who we all wanted to have a look at and see if he could make it here. He played in a weakened team against far superior opposition and never came back from that. The same could happen to youngsters we throw in now. We all want to have a look at them, but if we throw them in now and they don't perform they'll be plenty of Villa fans who'll demand they're thrown on the scrapheap. 

What if he comes in against City and has a great game though? If he can perform against the potential league champions then any funds Lambert or whoever has set aside for an attacking midfielder could potentially be used to strengthen other areas of the squad.

He was a 24 year old full international.

I get your point, regardless of the example, but I think the pressure that might be there is generally overridden by the excitement of getting on the pitch - if Grealish goes on with 10 minutes left and us 1-0 down and we end up losing 3-0, he'll still be just massively excited at having been on. I don't think it hurts.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think Man City away is the right time to give him a run.

As I have tickets for the Spurs game, I would love to see him get the last 20mins/half hour there.

Remember there were comments early on into his loan spell that throwing him into a relegation scrap in that league was not wise. As usual, Lambert got the stick for this. Looking at the photo and having watched a few of the YT clips that have been posted, I would say the loan spell has been of tremendous benefit to Jack.

Something else to take on board is that Albrighton has also been doing well for us. If hack were to come on, it would probably be a straight swap.

• Like 1

Love this.

BmuYfnNIgAAfLC8.jpg

If you look closely, to the right of jack at the back, theres a really good looking lad. Just look at that smile...

Just kidding, it does show how delighted I was though. Proud moment.

Never pictured you a ginge :P

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think Man City away is the right time to give him a run.

As I have tickets for the Spurs game, I would love to see him get the last 20mins/half hour there.

Remember there were comments early on into his loan spell that throwing him into a relegation scrap in that league was not wise. As usual, Lambert got the stick for this. Looking at the photo and having watched a few of the YT clips that have been posted, I would say the loan spell has been of tremendous benefit to Jack.

Something else to take on board is that Albrighton has also been doing well for us. If hack were to come on, it would probably be a straight swap.

Or, he could come on for the last 15 mins in a tight game and do a Rooney. You really never know.

Love this.

BmuYfnNIgAAfLC8.jpg

If you look closely, to the right of jack at the back, theres a really good looking lad. Just look at that smile...

Just kidding, it does show how delighted I was though. Proud moment.

I don't know why Kev but i always imagined you to be older!

I didnt think you were ginger either :)

List of things Grealish can do:

* turn on a dime and win a foul in the process.

* dribble across the face of the penalty area with the ball

* be johnny on the spot in the penalty area

* control the ball

* Finish inside the penalty area

* Nicely timed pass or through ball

* Tracking back to help cover defensively

List of things Grealish doesn't do (not saying can't)

* Long range shooting

* Heading

* Tackling

Will Grealish stay a winger? I don't know. I reckon he could end up in a number of positions. 

hes young. You never know.. he may develop these things quite quickly.

Is he with us now for the last two games? We can actually use him?

List of things Grealish can do:

* turn on a dime and win a foul in the process.

* dribble across the face of the penalty area with the ball

* be johnny on the spot in the penalty area

* control the ball

* Finish inside the penalty area

* Nicely timed pass or through ball

* Tracking back to help cover defensively

List of things Grealish doesn't do (not saying can't)

* Long range shooting

* Heading

* Tackling

Will Grealish stay a winger? I don't know. I reckon he could end up in a number of positions.

You get slated yet this post is so true. Jack needs to learn but he doesn't have the self belief he can do it IMO. Always looking out for the team and not himself.

Gets the ball does a bit of class then sets someone else up. Quite frustrating to watch tbh.

not worried about lack of self-belief as Jack is already performing. dealing with over-confidence could be his next problem. best young player in League One right? Lambert would buy him if he wasn't already at the club.

don't expect him to have the power of Ronaldo or Bale with the long range shooting but he could knock the occasional one in from outside the penalty area like Sterling who can't be any bigger than Jack... 

Sterling's scored 9 Premier League goals this season and has one from long range.

Â