The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, lexicon said:

Putting any player ahead of the club like this, for me, is madness. He didn't do any of those things single-handedly. Maybe him going will make you and others realise the value that other players and the manager/coaches bring.

Agreed, he did not do that alone. He did have a big impact though.

Tbf, he’s valuing his personal and commercial career over his love for the club… if it was Harry Kane, we’d get it. 

being one of our own, it’s a bitter pill to swallow, but I get it. 

Bloody shame to see the broken football system carrying on as per normal. FFP only hinders small clubs! How can a Villa compete with the “super league clubs” when FFP stops us spending like them and getting in to European football. Because we can’t spend like them, our best players get frustrated with the lack of  European football. 

“Elite” football is a closed shop and FFP is the gatekeeper. And the big clubs abuse it.  

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488629lv4jg2p8wz25gha6

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbh right now im less interested in whether he stays or goes, and more interested that it needs to be closed out today if at all possible, if he is going we need time to wisely spend the money in time for the first PL match, if he is staying we also need to know so we can spend whats left of the transfer kitty and look forward/plan for the new season.

I agree - just looking for a conclusion one way or another as this has gone on for too long and is a massive distraction from what should be the focus, i.e. next season. 

I'm feeling a lot better now we've secured Bailey.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Fake ITK 

Let’s see, he called it last night and tweeted before the news broke.

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It has been for years and the money is to blame. Modern day players do have professional pride and even in some cases, a love for certain clubs, but those things are all subjugated by money.

You are right, there is no loyalty any more, so it is much better that everyone wises up and we don't repeat the wasted emotional energy we've all been expending for the last few days.

100% this

After Yorke, Barry, Milner, Benteke I always thought I’d never get sucked in by a single player again. Jack’s done that to our fanbase though which is why it’s so disappointing.

This is the effect of having a player so superior to the rest of the team though; we now have to build a full team of top quality players that negates the loss of an individual going forward.

• Like 1

Wes Edens learning the hard way that football doesn't work like other sports.

This will be a teachable moment for our owners.

Jack Grealish has been the cornerstone of their strategy for this club from day one.

How they respond to his loss could determine our trajectory as a club for a long time to come.

Â