The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

56 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Unfortunately I tend to agree.He will get the 'traitor' **** 'turncoat' calls etc and those would be the nice ones.

At the end of the day very simple for me:If he stays awesome.If he goes will be a big loss obviously but we move on.

I've seen this over and over before.

The keyboard warriors type away with their toxicity, but when he turns up at Villa Park he'll get a good reception for the great payer he's been for us.

What's written on VT and on social media is not usually the basis of reality in the real world.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think from a Villa point of view we’ve been effectively in decline for 25 years now we’ve flirted with competing under O'Neil but it’s been up and down and most recently down. We’ve watched as clubs like Chelsea & City have sugar daddies come and they’ve supplanted us in the pecking order. We nearly went under 3 years ago after 5 years of absolute shit while the league had boomed to allow others like Spurs and Leicester become sizeable clubs. We’ve missed out on that and the average football fan seems to only take the last couple of seasons into account so they consider us as small. 

we know that we’re a big club, players who come here always remark upon “I didn’t realise how big it was until I got there” so in our heads we’re still one of the traditional big boys. But the average fan doesn’t see it that way and they call us delusional etc and it goads us massively 

Meanwhile we’ve turned around and can genuinely hope again to get back to a position where we’ve historically occupied that of one of the top 6 clubs. Because of the hope it’s what makes this so much worse, we’re scared by that last 10 years as a fan base we can’t have it again I know we’d make it through it if it happened but we just can’t bear the thought of selling our best players again and not having our turn of putting the last 25 years right and reasserting ourselves as a big club. Jack is more than a player he’s very much a symbol of that for many fans IMO 

I can’t disagree with any of that. Football fans will always bait opposing fans and social media is the perfect platform to do this. Simply ignore it and they will go away, feeding them is just as bad imo and just leads to more baiting.

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

As has been mentioned by a few, including Simon Jordan. Jack has four years left on his current deal, Villa are in the driving seat here and under no pressure to sell.

One thing I have always liked about Simon Jordan - and so it does not surprise me that he is saying this - is his insistence on the idea that contracts should actually mean something.

The ‘never doubted the bloke, absolute hero’ reverse ferrets from the fan base are going to be amazing if he does stay. 

At the very least it’s clear he’s tempted - or there would be no discussion with Citeh at all. 

Either way they’ve done a grand job of disrupting our pre-season. 

Just now, rubberman said:

Imagine the scenes if he doesn't ...

He's still on holiday so he definitely won't--hopefully people will use their brains to realise that, rather than make it something that it isn't.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He's still on holiday so he definitely won't--hopefully people will use their brains to realise that, rather than make it something that it isn't.

Given people were freaking out that the shop mannequin had been changed, I'm not hopeful!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The keyboard warriors type away with their toxicity, but when he turns up at Villa Park he'll get a good reception for the great payer he's been for us.

What's written on VT and on social media is not usually the basis of reality in the real world.

Would never have a  Tory government if general opinion off here was mainstream  

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think it would be mixed reception 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Christian Purslow when Man city finally get through on the phone and say they want to buy Jack Grealish

spacer.png 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The thing that mudies that is he was in the home kit launch media, as it was filmed and shot prior to the Euros. Who's to say the away kit wasn't too? If it was done back then that will speak more volumes to what's going on if he's not included. Of course, they could get around this by just having Buendia and some of the other players currently in training turn up in it instead of using pre shot stuff.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounded more like talks have been going on for a few days and we haven’t stopped talking , unfortunately suggests to me that Jack might have expressed an interest to go .

I think he’s gone , but will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up staying 

Surprised City haven't been publically rebuffed at this point and NSWE haven't released a statement saying he's not for sale he's still contracted to the club for 4 more years.

Fed up of the whole situation now tbh, we can't afford this cloud to be hanging over us going into the new season. 

City need to either pay what we ask 100 mill + or Jack signs a new deal on much improved terms and they **** off.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Surprised City haven't been publically rebuffed at this point and NSWE haven't released a statement saying he's not for sale he's still contracted to the club for 4 more years.

Fed up of the whole situation now tbh, we can't afford this cloud to be hanging over us going into the new season. 

City need to either pay what we ask 100 mill + or Jack signs a new deal on much improved terms and they **** off.

Because if City stump up £150m say, then he might very well be for sale and they would look very stupid.  It may be frustrating but it really is better for the club not to react to every rumour and just go about their business quietly.

Unfortunately we will have to wait a few more days (and many more pages) for a resolution.

Â