The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If we sell Jack now I think it's because his shins are f**ked and we know they only going to get worse and we're cashing in now rather than let him stay and basically play less and less games. £100m for someone who has NEVER played a full season. We can't afford to make someone our top paid by a mile when he misses 10-15+ games a season.

I have also been thinking along these lines. 

Why would we sell our prized asset and club captain when he's got a 4 year deal remaining? Unless, when he signed on last year it was with a release clause and a written promise we'd listen to offers this summer. I doubt it though. 

To me, if he leaves it's because it suits our club - not Jack. 

• Like 2

If City have opened talks with us then I guess that means either there isn’t a release clause , or there is but Citeh think it’s too high and want to see if we will budge 

Presumably we tell Citeh to jog on and put the ball in Jacks court to see if he tries to force a move and hands in a transfer request ?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dorsett saying we value him at over 100m. My key takeaway from that is that there isn’t a release clause. 

There can't be one if they've lodged a bid and we're negotiating as some people have stated. 

• Like 1

If he does go, it'll be interesting to see the fan reaction when he returns to Villa Park.

I can understand both sides, to be honest. On one hand, he's been a wonderful servant to the club and has earned the opportunity to play in the CL and win titles. On the other, we're finally at the point where we're seeing genuine progress, a project that he bought into, and to leave just when we feel that we're about to make a significant leap is a huge punch in the gut.

I wonder how this split is amongst the entire fan base. If it's mostly the latter, the thought of being bood by the fans of the club you grew up loving and was once captain of must play on Jack's mind a bit.... 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12367443/jack-grealish-man-city-open-talks-with-aston-villa-over-england-midfielder

Sky Sports News has been told City made their initial approach several days ago, and lines of communication remain open.

Seems like stalemate 

We left them on read receipt 

• Like 1

Are Villa really entertaining selling our best player two weeks before the season?

If this is true it's absolutely crazy, what about four years left on his contract...his marketing and image rights alone are worth more to Villa than £100 million.

I just don't believe how selling him makes any sense unless he is carrying a persistent injury?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just cannot see him ever wanting to leave, just cannot.

Sure you can have your head turned by offers, that doesn’t mean you then choose to leave.

And sure you can listen to what others want to offer you contract wise, makes a good bargaining chip when negotiating a new contract.

But honestly cannot see this ever happening, the only reason he nearly joined Spurs was to save the club and that was with a heavy heart. 

Amusing how people assume if City bid for Grealish and he want's to join them then he leaves. Look at Kane and Spurs, they have a valuation City won't meet so he's not leaving.

I'd be shocked if we accepted 100m for Jack, it would need to be 120m. Anyway, it's good that it should all be resolved one way or another this weekend. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

This guy's name is familiar to me but can't remember if it's because he has proved reliable in the past or because he's a clown

Ah yes I recall that dickmunch. Jimmy McCann, football agent. You’ll find him on El Cabanyal beach or in the Norfolk Arms. Or spouting utter b*llocks on Twitter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

If he does go, it'll be interesting to see the fan reaction when he returns to Villa Park.

I can understand both sides, to be honest. On one hand, he's been a wonderful servant to the club and has earned the opportunity to play in the CL and win titles. On the other, we're finally at the point where we're seeing genuine progress, a project that he bought into, and to leave just when we feel that we're about to make a significant leap is a huge punch in the gut.

I wonder how this split is amongst the entire fan base. If it's mostly the latter, the thought of being bood by the fans of the club you grew up loving and was once captain of must play on Jack's mind a bit.... 

I think there would be resounding boos for him at his first appearance at Villa Park if he did make the switch. Pissed up idiots being idiots. But like you, I understand both sides of the argument. Personally I wouldn't give him any reaction at all. But that's just me. 

• Like 3

i dont get all the bed wetting tbh.

He has 4 years on his contract.

If we get an offer that suits us, or a silly offer, and we want to sell, i suppose we might sell?

If we dont want him to go, he has 4 years left on his contract, and we are in a strong position to keep him by just saying...."you aint going nowhere son".

Either way, i think whatever happens, it will be the ultimate choice of the club as to what happens, as we are in the driving seat with 4 years left on his contract, so lets all just stop pi**ing our pants, seriously.

I know Grealish is our talisman, probably the best player i have ever seen in a Villa shirt, but blimey guys (and girls), stop working yourselves in to a rabid frenzy.

If we dont sell him, great, amazing!, if we do, we should really have 100m+ to wisely invest in the squad.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If there is no clause, which by the sounds of it is the case , the price for anybody to buy him will be increasing quite quickly by the day as the season approaches regardless whether he wants to go or not ,  my guess is wel give them the finger for this season but you can have him for the right poke when we are set next summer ( I’m hoping I know ! ) 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Immediately before the Euro's he had 1m Instagram followers.  He's now got 3.1m.  Women are singing songs about him that are going viral. Rappers are hippity hopping songs about him.  He's pretty much everywhere you turn. 

Do you walk round with your eyes and ears shut? 

This is why Grealish is integral to Villa, his marketing powers alone are worth more than £100 million....way more.

Ludicrous to sell him.

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12367443/jack-grealish-man-city-open-talks-with-aston-villa-over-england-midfielder

Sky Sports News has been told City made their initial approach several days ago, and lines of communication remain open.

Seems like stalemate 

Lines of communication remain open. 

Are they using those old analogue phones where you can hang up on somebody and as long as they don't hang up too they're still there when you pick the phone up again later? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

On SSN now if you wanna here more speculation.

I bet they are orgasmic at the very prospect of him leaving.

Let's face it the media are designing this to strengthen the top teams and belittle Villa.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Nah, i think he has a lot of credit in the bank to be fair. He doesn't come back for those last 10 championship games, we don't go up. He pretty much kept us up last season. We can't talk about projects and how he's letting us down us etc without stating everything he has done. It's a bit me me, and kinda self interest. Project is a very loaded word anyway. We are ambitious. We could go well, it could go tits up. This narrative been bandied about that we are a shoe in for top 6 is about as naive as when folk were getting carried away last year when we were outside the top 4 with a few games in hand, after 15 games. 

• Like 2

Â