The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sky are now running the story that city have opened talks, but we’re hopeful he stays. They say talks began a few days ago.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12367443/jack-grealish-man-city-open-talks-with-aston-villa-over-england-midfielder

Sky Sports News has been told City made their initial approach several days ago, and lines of communication remain open.

Seems like stalemate 

Edited by Jareth
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I just hope this doesn’t drag on either way. We still have quite a bit of work to do in terms of bringing in players no matter what happens to Grealish in this window.

If Grealish goes there’s a lot more work to do before the end of August that’s for sure 

7 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Been busy all day long. Any actual 'real' updates? Or still just pretend journalism going on?

No mate, just our fans giving nobodies loads of airtime, genuinely embarrassing!

• Like 1

Are their any reputable **** media sources? They all just paraphrase one another, assume way too much, and expect everyone to lap up what they say, its pathetic.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That doesn't change the price?

It kinda does though.

It makes us far more willing to accept a bid, which means the price is likely to be lower

The talks will be quick because we'll have a value and City will either meet it, or they won't.

In the event they do, I'm sure our owners would still be offering Jack more reasons to stay and may even persuade him that the vision and project is still on track, before accepting the bid. Think they could persuade him it's worth another season to see where we end up. It sold him last year, and I'd back then to be able to convince him again

• Like 2

If we sell Jack now I think it's because his shins are f**ked and we know they only going to get worse and we're cashing in now rather than let him stay and basically play less and less games. £100m for someone who has NEVER played a full season. We can't afford to make someone our top paid player by a mile when he misses 10-15+ games a season.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It kinda does though.

It makes us far more willing to accept a bid, which means the price is likely to be lower

Don't think it does. He would still be happy here. I'm sure he'd be aggrieved if we accepted too little for him and shot ourselves in the foot in doing so.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It kinda does though.

I doubt it. He'll have a price and we'll stick to it. World Cup year coming up, he'll want to play regularly, with us or at City and make the squad and anywsy I can't imagine Jack sulking if they don't match the price. 

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If we sell Jack now I think it's because his shins are f**ked and we know they only going to get worse and we're cashing in now rather than let him stay and basically play less and less games. £100m for someone who has NEVER played a full season. We can't afford to make someone our top paid by a mile when he misses 10-15+ games a season.

I have also been thinking along these lines. 

Why would we sell our prized asset and club captain when he's got a 4 year deal remaining? Unless, when he signed on last year it was with a release clause and a written promise we'd listen to offers this summer. I doubt it though. 

To me, if he leaves it's because it suits our club - not Jack. 

• Like 2

If City have opened talks with us then I guess that means either there isn’t a release clause , or there is but Citeh think it’s too high and want to see if we will budge 

Presumably we tell Citeh to jog on and put the ball in Jacks court to see if he tries to force a move and hands in a transfer request ?

Â