The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

23 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

This is true but the Bailey saga seems odd because if they want just 5 million Euros more and Leicester are sniffing surely you'd just pay it and get it done - it would be a big blow if we lose out to a team who we're already trying to catch. Or maybe they know exactly what they're doing and are confident of getting it done. 

Of course we don't want to get our business done early by bringing in a load of duds - but with Romano saying Bailey is just a "possibility" it doesn't seem to be that far down the line. Alvarez is another odd one because we looked to be very interested several weeks ago and now that interest just seems to have evaporated.

Really damn frustrating and it makes you wonder whether the Grealish situation is causing issues with bringing in our targets.

I'm sceptic on steroids !

However how many wrong moves have the NSWE board since they have been here ? 

If anyone can get it right it's these guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolute crap. Your making out Grealish owes Villa. Came through the academy and if he leaves will earn us our highest sale ever, arguably won't be broken anytime soon either. Shame on anyone who would boo him if he does sign for City and play us at Villa Park next season. If such a scenario unfolded, i would hope he would get the height of respect. Once the blood and thunder of the game starts and in a sporting and playing on the edge way, i like to think we'd nail him. But booing him ? I'm a villa fan but im not a mongrel.

Do Villa owe him? Who made him a Millionaire? Who developed and nurtured him? Who gave him the opportunity to display his undoubted ability?  It's mutual we've benefited from him and he's benefited from us.

As for the booing he'll get booed by me like all opposition players do but after the game he'll get some applause unlike other players. 

Jack leaving now weakens us significantly it's the difference between mid table and qualifying for Europe. Jack and his Agents know this, Man City know this and everyone connected to Villa know this.

If he leaves next season he does so when we're way stronger than we are now. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Except they don't. If you don't learn from history, your doomed to repeat it. Our owners could do well to see what happened when Yorke made it known privately to the board that he wanted to leave and Villa said no. Remember the Everton game. Don't assume it won't happen if Jack is forced to stay. Forget the boyhood club stuff lads etc etc. He's only human. That has longevity, to a degree. He's an elite player and it's his decision i feel.

Not at all. He's on a long term contract, there's no pressure to sell. Of course you wouldn't want an unhappy player but you're twisting things a bit because there's no indication that Jack is forcing a move whatsoever.

The Kane situation is worse as he's older and has actually said he wants to move on, but if Spurs don't get what they want for him they won't back down and Kane will still be a Spurs player next season. And given his allegiance with them, I'm sure he'll accept it too.

You don't want an unhappy player but he was happy to sign that long term contract less than a year ago. Has to be some give and take from either side - we're clearly progressing so it's completely fair of the owners to expect him to give it at least one more season. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolute crap. Your making out Grealish owes Villa. Came through the academy and if he leaves will earn us our highest sale ever, arguably won't be broken anytime soon either. Shame on anyone who would boo him if he does sign for City and play us at Villa Park next season. If such a scenario unfolded, i would hope he would get the height of respect. Once the blood and thunder of the game starts and in a sporting and playing on the edge way, i like to think we'd nail him. But booing him ? I'm a villa fan but im not a mongrel.

Never going to happen…

If he leaves us and pulls on that shirt with that badge… He loses all the respect I ever had for him and I will curse his name for the rest of his time on this Earth…

Just like Barry and Delph

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Except they don't. If you don't learn from history, your doomed to repeat it. Our owners could do well to see what happened when Yorke made it known privately to the board that he wanted to leave and Villa said no. Remember the Everton game. Don't assume it won't happen if Jack is forced to stay. Forget the boyhood club stuff lads etc etc. He's only human. That has longevity, to a degree. He's an elite player and it's his decision i feel.

I remember the Yorke situation. I don't think Jack would do that. In fact, i'm certain he wouldn't. Ultimately Yorke wasn't a Villa fan was he? Didn't he praise small heath over us when he joined them? Not a man to be trusted! 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

What happened in the Everton game?! 

He put in a Bowery / Tonev type performance. He was worse than that chancer who convinced Souness he was George Weah's cousin! 

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Not at all. He's on a long term contract, there's no pressure to sell. Of course you wouldn't want an unhappy player but you're twisting things a bit because there's no indication that Jack is forcing a move whatsoever.

The Kane situation is worse as he's older and has actually said he wants to move on, but if Spurs don't get what they want for him they won't back down and Kane will still be a Spurs player next season. And given his allegiance with them, I'm sure he'll accept it too.

You don't want an unhappy player but he was happy to sign that long term contract less than a year ago. Has to be some give and take from either side - we're clearly progressing so it's completely fair of the owners to expect him to give it at least one more season. 

The other side of the coin (tin hat time) are the villa management shrewd enough to judge the right time to sell.

Say he stays , is injured a lot , and doesn't quite sparkle. 

Ron Saunders often sold our best players - but always improved the team overall. (Long time ago I know)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jack wont down tools. How could you think that. We hold all the cards here. A middle ground compromise is easily made- “we respect your feelings Jack, but we havent pumped £400m in to lose our catalyst like this. We’ll bring in additions for this season, have a big push for Europe, if we fall short, we’ll take another year of PL money and then wish you well next summer, thanks for everything you sexy beast”

I don't think it's unfathomable that Jack Grealish wants to play champions league football next season and challenge for trophies. We are probably 2 to 3 years behind Leicester and they haven't quite cracked CL qualification yet. Not neccesarily saying he would lack effort if he stayed. On about the team dynamic. Ego and spirit can't coexist in a dressing room. If Jack stays here and it's against his will, it won't be good for Villa as a team as a squad. I'd be a bit worried about the silence. If it's definitive and he wanted to stay, it would be done and dusted i feel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, string28 said:

The problem is which i keep saying he said he brought into the plan of the owners and he was happy "my club" too then 8 months say not my club and not my love is a bit hard for fans to take.

Do i believe the media 100% no

I promise you the world will keep moving. If we are winning games you'll soon move on.

33 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

This is true but the Bailey saga seems odd because if they want just 5 million Euros more and Leicester are sniffing surely you'd just pay it and get it done - it would be a big blow if we lose out to a team who we're already trying to catch. Or maybe they know exactly what they're doing and are confident of getting it done. 

Bit early to be calling it a saga. We only made a bid relatively recently? Its just fan impatience mixed with Jack anxiety lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

As was the case with Delph, a player signing a new contract just before leaving is all about helping your current club out by ensuring they get the maximum price for the move. It is not necessarily about pledging allegiance to anybody and shouldn't be used as a reason to shoot him down !

It wasn't just signing a contract though, with delph. It was the crap he came out with whilst signing it. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I remember the Yorke situation. I don't think Jack would do that. In fact, i'm certain he wouldn't. Ultimately Yorke wasn't a Villa fan was he? Didn't he praise small heath over us when he joined them? Not a man to be trusted! 

What gets clouded in this is when there's an argument that an elite player like Grealish might feel he's at a stage where he wants to challenge for titles, the counter argument is " ah but he's a villa fan ". Yeah, and..? He's also an elite professional footballer that wants to go right to the top.

As others have said, its possible there may be some agreement between Villa, City and Jack that means he leaves next summer... a gentlemen's agreement if you wish. That gives us time to plan what to do with the money and Jack gets to play in front of a packed VP for another season. This pre-season already feels too late now to lose him, due to the Euros etc. Maybe, i dunno! 

Â