The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sets us back this season absolutely no doubt. But over time, it sets us up - I'm thinking if Citeh end up paying £130mill. They won't get him cheap or even discounted. 

I disagree, without Jack we are mid to lower table fodder, we were awful without him. I am sure Buendia signed thinking he would be playing alongside Jack. I think a mid  to lower table finish this season will see Watkins and Martinez leave. We won't be able to reinvest the money from City as clubs will know we have money and will demand too dollar, we won't pay it so end up in great shape financially but top 6? Forget it! 

• Confused 1

This Sam Lee is a sensitive lad, very much a journalist of his time. His latest article is a hard hitting piece on the ugly side of writing about football transfers. Going on like he's the Veronica Guerin of transfer window tittle tattle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Sam Lee update:

We are a 'weird cult'.

We are really through the looking glass

His constant meltdowns are just utterly hilarious. Doesn’t excuse the abuse - he just treats any criticism as trolling or cultish behaviour. 

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

- 4 years left on contract.

- Full England international, played and contributed at the Euros.

- One of the best players in the league, arguably the best before he got his injury last season.

- Arguably the most marketable player in the league right now.

There's no reason why we shouldn't set the fee very very high. I'm talking over £150m.

Sancho went for £80m or so in the last year of his contract. £150m seems low.

• Like 2

Let’s assume the release does exist (I don’t think it does), I’d be saying to Jack, look, City are trying to get you on the cheap and turning your head, they don’t value you as much as we do. Stay and be the crown jewel here. 

• Like 2

Just now, calcifer said:

I disagree, without Jack we are mid to lower table fodder, we were awful without him. I am sure Buendia signed thinking he would be playing alongside Jack. I think a mid  to lower table finish this season will see Watkins and Martinez leave. We won't be able to reinvest the money from City as clubs will know we have money and will demand too dollar, we won't pay it so end up in great shape financially but top 6? Forget it! 

I think this is called 'catastrophizing' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

This Sam Lee is a sensitive lad, very much a journalist of his time. His latest article is a hard hitting piece on the ugly side of writing about football transfers. Going on like he's the Veronica Guerin of transfer window tittle tattle.

He has got a Pulitzer in him

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe Jack will get pissed on the last few days of his holidays and will scare off micro manager Pep

Or Jack gets pissed and they do the dirty trick Delboy used to sign up Tony Angelino. We'd all be cwying. 

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Grealish signed a 5 year deal 12 months ago.  He does not have the leverage to demand a transfer so quickly. More money, sure,  and he deserves it.

Nothing has changed in 10 months either, we’ve already broken the transfer record and will keep spending. He knows the ambition intimately, so why jump now? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Sancho went for £80m or so in the last year of his contract. £150m seems low.

I'm with you. In reality is Kane worth more, maybe cause he is a striker? I'm not so sure, he certainly don't have the following jack has. NWSE will be thinking of the marketing power jack has, yes he is a quality footballer, but he is gonna make a club a lot of money over the seasons with his following, that's worth £50m on it's own I've no doubt.

For me he is £120m at least.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I think this is called 'catastrophizing' 

Expect the worse so anything better than worse case is a bonus. 😉

• Like 1

I'm still quite confident he'll stay, just because I believe NSWE understand how central Jack is to their ambitions. Only way they'd accept is if City came in with of an offer of something like £150m, which I just do not think they'll do.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Let’s assume the release does exist (I don’t think it does), I’d be saying to Jack, look, City are trying to get you on the cheap and turning your head, they don’t value you as much as we do. Stay and be the crown jewel here. 

RE: a release clause, i'd just be saying to him you and big nose agreed to that figure so you must of thought some f**ker would pay it. Tough titty.

Â