The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Add that assist to his CAM statistics 🙄

West Ham deployed a tactic that usually bottom half of the PL would do but they have the players to actually do their job properly. 

Problem is when they do that tactic you need Barkley and RW to setup up, which neither did. Cost us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

West Ham showed how to stop Villa last night and it's blindingly easy, double mark Jack and we have very little else. 

That was what signing more quality around him was meant to negate.  It didn't seem to free up any space for anyone else though.  West Ham were frustratingly everywhere last night.  Can't take away from their performance.

• Like 1

Personally I think that tonight just showed that no matter what an opposing team does to stop Jack (and even if they do a fantastic job like tonight) he will still find a way to unlock their defence. He had a really really difficult task last night and still managed a great assist and a handful of chances. I thought it showed his battling qualities and never-give-up attitude. (I admit he did make a few uncharacteristic errors on the ball as well but he isn't a robot)

It was certain other players in the team that let him down.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Personally I think that tonight just showed that no matter what an opposing team does to stop Jack (and even if they do a fantastic job like tonight) he will still find a way to unlock their defence. He had a really really difficult task last night and still managed a great assist and a handful of chances. I thought it showed his battling qualities and never-give-up attitude. (I admit he did make a few uncharacteristic errors on the ball as well but he isn't a robot)

It was certain other players in the team that let him down.

This, so many people saying that Coufal stopped him and West Ham stopped Jack. Well they clearly didn’t because he had an assist and created other chances. Yes, it was probably his hardest game for a while and certainly not his best but to be fair to him he’s a grafter and never gave up which resulted in a goal. Jack can’t be stopped and I am pleased that Ollie is back in the goals as that partnership will continue to be fruitful. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This, so many people saying that Coufal stopped him and West Ham stopped Jack. Well they clearly didn’t because he had an assist and created other chances. Yes, it was probably his hardest game for a while and certainly not his best but to be fair to him he’s a grafter and never gave up which resulted in a goal. Jack can’t be stopped and I am pleased that Ollie is back in the goals as that partnership will continue to be fruitful. 

They did until he moved central.

He created 1 chance in the first half. Which isn't really a enough for a player of his calibre. 

39 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Coufal disrupted Jack for sure. Jack will always be dangerous but he was affected last night as were the whole team. 

I don't know why, but I just think Grealish will call it time on his Villa career this summer. If we fail to get into Europe, then I think his ambitions will mean he'll prefer a move to a bigger club. Not even sure he'd want to play in Europa.

He deserves to be playing Champions League football, I'm sure he'd want to pit himself with the best. I'm sure he'd love to do that with Villa but we are nowhere near that goal. 

I feel sorry for Jack sometimes, he must look around and feel he had to do everything whilst other players don't step up.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

West Ham showed how to stop Villa last night and it's blindingly easy, double mark Jack and we have very little else. 

That doesn't work when the rest of the team are on it. Unfortunately last night players like Barkley and El Ghazi weren't good enough to exploit that.

That's not to take all the blame off Jack. he wasn't at his best either.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That doesn't work when the rest of the team are on it. Unfortunately last night players like Barkley and El Ghazi weren't good enough to exploit that.

That's not to take all the blame off Jack. he wasn't at his best either.

Yes exactly. We just weren't at the races and Smith didn't quite get tactics right. I don't think it's a major drama, it's another point of learning and you have to give credit to West Ham. Out thought and out fought us!

Edited by birdman

Drop Barkley, put Jack middle and floating meaning nobody can pick him up. El Ghazi or Trez left. Barkley is not fit and lacks the footballing IQ (i.e. being aware that he can't play at his best) to make up for it.

Rarely criticise Jack, but was a bit of Messi about him in that second-half (not in a good way). Was just watching players run past him and didn't track at all - that said, everyone seemed dead on their feet, so would give it a pass.

• Like 1

Jack in the middle, he needs to grow as a player and in that position he has the opportunity to do it. If he is allowed to roam and we have outlets on both wings then the opposition will struggle to man mark him and not allow space elsewhere. Barkley is holding Jack's development back and its not a situation we should allow to continue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Last night West Ham played two full backs on that side to mark him out of the game, it was evident after 10 minutes which should have been the point where we swapped the wingers with El Ghazi moving left (he’s actually better there as well).

Barkley had a poor game so second half Traore should have come on for him moving Jack to the center.

This is a good summary of my views on last night. 

Jack still delivered, albeit looking a bit tired and below par in doing so, by his standards. 

And he 1000% should not be taking corners. Not only is he better being on the edge of the box to get on to the cleared ball, he is actually pretty bad at delivering a corner 😬

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

His best role is still on the left for me. 

It may have been his best role so far but it's easier to counter him if he's stuck out on the left, if he's allowed to roam around the middle the opposition will struggle to contain him and us as a team, if our wingers start to create. Jack was far more affective when he moved into the middle last night. Hes available to more of our players to pass to and receive the ball from. He has to progress as a player at Villa, he can't and won't accept not improving and he can only do that in the middle. 

8 hours ago, supermon said:

I don't know why, but I just think Grealish will call it time on his Villa career this summer. If we fail to get into Europe, then I think his ambitions will mean he'll prefer a move to a bigger club. Not even sure he'd want to play in Europa.

He deserves to be playing Champions League football, I'm sure he'd want to pit himself with the best. I'm sure he'd love to do that with Villa but we are nowhere near that goal. 

I feel sorry for Jack sometimes, he must look around and feel he had to do everything whilst other players don't step up.

He actually said in that article the other day that we are doing better than he thought we would be currently than when he signed the five year contract thought we’d be now.

Again....we are further ahead, better than he thought when his signed the contract.

Not sure how you got your viewpoint mate but Jack seems to be feeling different to what you think he’s thinking.

Edited by nick76

Â