The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder if this sprints over the whole pitch is a work of Shakespeare? I've seen him carrying the ball over long distances before, but what I haven't seen before are these insane sprints he makes with the ball. I've always said that he is fast, and more important he is fast with the ball. You could see at his assist for Watkins that when he got the ball from Martinez his first instinct was to just sprint the fastest he could.

As said before we are playing more counter attacking and play more long balls on the break this season, reminding very much of Leiceter when they won the league, that is surly because of Shakespeare, perhaps these sprints Jack are doing is the same.

I said before but him and Watkins are like the Vardy and Mahrez of that title winning time. Match winners. 

Mahrez won PFA player of the year that season. Grealish continues like this all season he will be in with a shout. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I said before but him and Watkins are like the Vardy and Mahrez of that title winning time. Match winners. 

Mahrez won PFA player of the year that season. Grealish continues like this all season he will be in with a shout. 

But, Mason Mount?! 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They won the title though. We would have to finish top 4 for Jack to have a chance

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think you’re reading far too much into this. The kit man is an Albion fan and was clearly having fun with Jack because he arrived at the same time as Saka and just had a massive grin on his face.

Agree, guys name is Pat Frost and was Baggies kit man, its just banter - We can be so over sensitive at times !

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if southgate took the leash off him and let him push forward* then saka and grealish would make a good combo on the left, let saka get up and down and overlap him

* he wont

Yup, we'll play 6 defensive players and ask the rest to concentrate on defensive duties first and foremost. 

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder if this sprints over the whole pitch is a work of Shakespeare? I've seen him carrying the ball over long distances before, but what I haven't seen before are these insane sprints he makes with the ball. I've always said that he is fast, and more important he is fast with the ball. You could see at his assist for Watkins that when he got the ball from Martinez his first instinct was to just sprint the fastest he could.

As said before we are playing more counter attacking and play more long balls on the break this season, reminding very much of Leiceter when they won the league, that is surly because of Shakespeare, perhaps these sprints Jack are doing is the same.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not necessarily. Didn’t Ginola win it once even though Spurs were mid table. Even being a contender would be a fantastic achievement.

Obviously it's not as prestigious as it's voted for by a bunch of self congratulating words removed but Parker won the Football Writers' POTY award by captaining West Ham to 20th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

His stats has gone up because he is playing with better players.

Only so much you can do when you are surrounded with Wesley, El Ghazi, Samatta etc

Yep. Jack has been unfortunate in that the first third of his Villa career  has coincided with a utterly dreadful run of managers, players, and owners until 2018. Its a miracle he stuck by us.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Can Brendan Rodgers become the next England manager please?

"He's got a real in-built brain for football," says Rodgers. "When he carries the ball, his awareness of his space really shows me the talent he is. He understands where space is, he gets tackled a lot, he stays on the ball a bit longer than other people and draws fouls, but also draws people out of position. His weight of pass is exceptional."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yep. Jack has been unfortunate in that the first third of his Villa career  has coincided with a utterly dreadful run of managers, players, and owners until 2018. Its a miracle he stuck by us.

I still can't believe we managed to keep him. An absolute masterstroke by Dean and the owners 🙏 And look where we are now! I can't remember the last time I looked forward to the next match without fear of the opposition. This season could be a big turning point in our history. Maybe even getting back to somewhere near where we were with Martin O'Neil except in vastly better financial shape!

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

The beauty of having a player like Grealish is for all the planning you can do he has the ability to tear you a new arsehole anyway as he’s so skilful and unpredictable. 

There are times when he can be nullified but as we’re more of a threat with Watkins and Barkley up top it means you can no longer simply stop Villa by stopping Grealish. And if you double up on him then there’s space for Barkey, McGinn etc to exploit. 

And by having those other threats that need close attention too it means Grealish can find space and be a constant threat, as he showed the other night.

I love him. I love watching him. I love that he loves our club and I love that he’s our captain. 

7 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

The beauty of having a player like Grealish is for all the planning you can do he has the ability to tear you a new arsehole anyway as he’s so skilful and unpredictable. 

There are times when he can be nullified but as we’re more of a threat with Watkins and Barkley up top it means you can no longer simply stop Villa by stopping Grealish. And if you double up on him then there’s space for Barkey, McGinn etc to exploit. 

And by having those other threats that need close attention too it means Grealish can find space and be a constant threat, as he showed the other night.

I love him. I love watching him. I love that he loves our club and I love that he’s our captain. 

Wouldn't it be great if he could stay with us and help take us to the top.

Dream scenario.

• Like 1

Â