The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We always seem to pay over the odds for players but when it comes to selling I don't think we ever get more than we should. Benteke, milner, Barry, young all went for decent fees but I still wouldn't class them as being well above what they were worth. I'll be so pissed off again if we don't rinse spurs for this transfer. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be very disappointed in Jack if he's trying to force the move to be honest. There's no mention that he is of course, but I can't help but feel he would like to go.

If this is the case they can both piss off, and in OUR time. Pay up what we want NOW, or wait till January.

Ill actually be disappointed in myself for drinking the Villa through and through Koolade if he is the one forcing the issue.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps we should have a poll if the fans want him to stay?

Owners might change their minds about selling him if the fans want him to stay... :rolleyes:

I can promise you there isn't a single villafan anywhere that doesn't want Jack to stay. 

• Thanks 1

I actually do hope that he goes for 35 mill or thereabout. If his mind isn't into it, we would do better without him, provided that we reinvest in new players. It's much more important that we go up this year than keeping Jack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

I can promise you there isn't a single villafan anywhere that doesn't want Jack to stay. 

Haha I know, just poking fun at the idea that some silly media poll made the new owners rethink their managerial choices.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Silent_Bob said:

I actually do hope that he goes for 35 mill or thereabout. If his mind isn't into it, we would do better without him, provided that we reinvest in new players. It's much more important that we go up this year than keeping Jack.

Madness.

The way we now play... Jack is key to our promotion hopes, you do realize this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdistheword said:

I don’t understand how people all over Twitter are saying he has their 100% support to leave. In my opinion it would just make him the same as Barry, Downing etc. Leaving at the first chance he gets without ever really playing a full season for us.

We were a Premier League club when they left and on par with the clubs they went to. 

Now this season we are probably a midtable Championship club with no goalkeeper, a midfielder playing centre back, no fit strikers and 82 right backs. He be more crazy to stay if honest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've just been watching sky sports news. Even done a whole section on Spurs but not a mention of Grealish. 

Edit

Aagghh. Switched over for a second of cricket and returned to SSN to see them showing a Grealish montage but missed the first but assume it was about Spuds. 

They've just done another section on Spurs taking about their lack of signings and talking to someone expert about where they might strengthen, but again no mention of Grealish. 

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember not long ago feeling we finally have a villa lad, homegrown who wants to stay, yet we are forced into selling. Now it seems those roles may be reversed. Jack himself should just put an end to it all and declare he's staying, but hasnt. Thats the thing that unsettles me

Except for some players twitter posts and website updates. The club seems to be on media lockdown at the moment for some reason. Our manager hasnt spoken to the media in about 3 weeks

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Madness.

The way we now play... Jack is key to our promotion hopes, you do realize this? 

I realize that he was that last year. I also realize that that was last year. And I realize we can't spend money due to FFP.

We need players in many positions. Ideally we should get them in and keep Jack as well, but if I have to choose between a poor squad plus Jack and a much better squad without him, I think I would choose the better squad.

Where we are now I think keeping Jack is a luxury we really can't afford. If he had come out and said that he wanted to stay that's one thing. But that hasn't happened. 

All that I'm saying right now is that no player is bigger than the club, players leaving is part of football, and if Jack leaving increases the chance of us getting promotion then I'm for it. This has gone on now for the whole summer and have probably unsettled him quite a lot. There are just days left of the transfer window and we have plenty of work that needs to be done when it comes to strengthening the squad. 

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

In the vast majority of cases, yes you are correct, but it stands to reason that 'some people' associated with the player, agents, managers, chairmen, directors, legal team, must be ITK. Of course it is deeply unprofessional and possibly even a sackable offence to share knowledge of how a transfer is progressing, but any one of the above mentioned can have any number of good reasons for doing so. It's not ALL guff.

99% is guff.

Most "ITK" people will not be spouting it off on a messageboard.

The "proven" ITKs are the ones who have guessed right the most.

And Spurs are one of the worst clubs for it.

31 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember not long ago feeling we finally have a villa lad, homegrown who wants to stay, yet we are forced into selling. Now it seems those roles may be reversed. Jack himself should just put an end to it all and declare he's staying, but hasnt. Thats the thing that unsettles me

we dont really know where we stand at the moment regarding FFP. He may be told that it's the best thing for the club's future to move to spurs, and i dont see him refusing to sign for them if the opportunity presents himself. why would he risk doing a delph and publicly saying he doesnt want to leave knowing that it remains a possibility? also wouldn't endear himself with spurs fans if he comes out and says "i dont want to leave but i have to"

if he's still a villa player after deadline day i would expect to hear something from him. who knows, maybe the first we hear is the news he's signed a new contract

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

There isn’t an English player, that I know of, with his particular skill set, established or coming through. You gotta pay for that. £££

His choice and weight of passing, his ability to retain possession. The way he ghosts past players who deem the only way to get the ball off him is with a foul. Add that to his maturity of both body and mind; He has a physical robustness about him that wasn’t there before.I really feel this is the season when he starts to really translate this combination into product. Oh and did I say he’s English, as you said Levy paid 30 mil for French Sissoko (although I think Everton pushed them) 2 years ago. He’s got 2 years left on contract. He has the potential to outshine Dele Ali, he’s certainly more graceful, and begin to rival Erikson. Damn I’ve just convinced myself; 50 million or GTFO ? just have to convince Levy we will not sell below our valuation as we’re not in any rush. Heck the potential for promotion with Grealish is much greater and such rewards would outweigh a 50 mil transfer fee and we’d still have our crown jewel

I think we're looking for a CEO btw :thumb:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be very disappointed in Jack if he's trying to force the move to be honest. There's no mention that he is of course, but I can't help but feel he would like to go.

If The S** is anything to go by, he isn't trying to force a move at all, but wants to talk to Spurs.

I guess if they paid him an absolute wedge, he might go?

44 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The guy changes nationality if it suits him. I wouldn't rely on his loyalty to the club and get your hopes. He's no Le Tissier or Shearer. 

Â