The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

26 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I don't get the people who are saying that they would not hold it against Grealish if he chose to leave. 

If we force him out the door due to FFP then fair enough, but if he pushes a move himself then I absolutely will hold it against him. He has only really given us half a season of good service in the first team. Barry and Delph both got dogs abuse for leaving for better clubs, and to an extent, so did Albrighton. All three of these gave much more service to Villa before being enticed away. Delph even signed a new contract to make sure we got decent money for him (snake that he is!), yet Grealish seems to get a free pass. 

Frankly, prior to last season he acted like a spoiled brat, and we benefited little from his "footballing gifts", bar a couple of flashes here and there. Dont get me wrong, he has terrific potential and can go a long long way in the game, at the moment though all that we have had from him is fixing his s**t.

Now that he has got his head on straight and is achieving his potential, he fecking owes us at least a season of good performances. Time to pay the piper Mr Grealish. There is no major international competition next year so being with us in the championship will not affect his England call-up prospects for the Euros. If he has a stunning season with us this year, his stock will rise further and he may get a better opportunity!

Spot on. We stuck with him when he was a dickhead, so if he bails now I hope his career goes to shit. 

• Like 1

I personally feel if he chooses to leave then **** him.

We've had half a really good season out of him so far. We stuck by him when he was making an idiot of himself in Magaluf. 

Even if the club accept a bid for him it would show some loyalty if he said he wasn't leaving. 

I'm at the point now where I just want it sorted either way. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Silent_Bob said:

I actually do hope that he goes for 35 mill or thereabout. If his mind isn't into it, we would do better without him, provided that we reinvest in new players. It's much more important that we go up this year than keeping Jack.

If he goes there is no guarantee that the money would be spent on players during this window or the next particularly if he is sold with an eye on FFP. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

If he goes there is no guarantee that the money would be spent on players during this window or the next particularly if he is sold with an eye on FFP. 

Very much this.  If he goes it means we have no other way around FFP, which means the money cant be reinvested.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I personally feel if he chooses to leave then **** him.

We've had half a really good season out of him so far. We stuck by him when he was making an idiot of himself in Magaluf. 

Even if the club accept a bid for him it would show some loyalty if he said he wasn't leaving. 

I'm at the point now where I just want it sorted either way. 

To be fair we had a good half season from him too when Sherwood took over and went to Wembley.

• Like 1

As much as I do rate him, I really don't think he would cut it at Spurs. He won't instantly improve their starting XI and because he is likely their only signing, Fans won't give him the benefit of the doubt/have any patience if he doesn't hit the ground running. These are still formative years for JG and he has a lot to learn. 

Yes, Poch would help him enormously, but there are plenty of other players at Spurs that Poch will also need to develop, meaning he won't be bale to give JG the concentrated dose of attention he needs. We saw last season, to get the best out of JG a Manager needs to devote a lot of time to him (Bruce, Terry and our Conditioning Coach). Can't see anyone at Spurs being able to devote the same resources, nor will they have the patience. Given what their target will be for the season, they will have other priorities. 

This leaves JG vulnerable, in my opinion. He'd be better off staying here and growing up a bit more. He still needs hand holding and, left to his own devices without supervision, he'll be lying on the floor drunk in Magaluf next Summer. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

To be fair to Delph, and from what I heard, we pushed him out of the door and wanted money for him. He wasn't pushing for a move.

Barry I have no issue with. We were looking like genuine top 4 challengers and went and bought Heskey instead of a striker. After that we pulled the drawbridge in. He deserved a shot at something better. So did Milner.

Grealish hasn't done anything like enough to be waved off into to the sunset to poxy Spurs. I think he'd say the same himself. 

Give the new owners a chance to get the club where it needs to be. Help acheive that. If it fails then fair enough. But he could realise all his ambitions at Villa with a bit of patience.

• Like 2

OT barry for me was 2 things

1) the NOTW "why isnt MON at home sorting my contract out" says gareth barry from his holiday home in florida

2) the booing definitely got to him, he was shit at VP in a man city shirt

mainly the interview, pissed me off big time, tried to pass the buck back to the club

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

To be fair to Delph, and from what I heard, we pushed him out of the door and wanted money for him. He wasn't pushing for a move.

Barry I have no issue with. We were looking like genuine top 4 challengers and went and bought Heskey instead of a striker. After that we pulled the drawbridge in. He deserved a shot at something better. So did Milner.

Grealish hasn't done anything like enough to be waved off into to the sunset to poxy Spurs. I think he'd say the same himself. 

Give the new owners a chance to get the club where it needs to be. Help acheive that. If it fails then fair enough. But he could realise all his ambitions at Villa with a bit of patience.

1) Nope 

2) Nope

3) Fully agree, done nothing wrong as yet. Handeled it really well.

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up by a Times article. Other articles have indicated otherwise, is Levy really going to stump up that much cash on a Championship player? The new owners will want all the fans on their side, I really think he's staying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John said:

But FFP exists regardless if we keep Jack or.not. If we don’t get money in for him, it has to come from someplace else. So we might not be able to reinvest everything, but by selling Jack we improve our FFP status by what we get for Jack. 

I don't know whether we need to sell JG to satisfy FFP or not. Im guessing not, as we released a statement or article saying we dont need to. These guys are serious players so will have an idea how to get around FFP if possible.

Also, after just taking over a club and being careful with the image they have with fans, saying nobody for sale then selling our best player seems like too dumb a move for them. At least to me.

I think Grealish is staying. I hope so.

Â