The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Needs to find another gear or 2 to his game. Too laboured with the ball, gives the impression he's looking for an opening when in fact i just don't think he's as sharp ability wise up top as we think he is or want him to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Needs to find another gear or 2 to his game. Too laboured with the ball, gives the impression he's looking for an opening when in fact i just don't think he's as sharp ability wise up top as we think he is or want him to be. 

This is why I see him as a winger at the minute. Get him one on one he can rip people apart. He can develop the decision making over time but let him play with some freedom. 

If there's anyone who can help him along, it's Snodgrass. They're pretty similar in style (not quick but handy with the ball at their feet) but if the latter can help educate him on end product, we might make a player out of him yet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm await with interest the revealing of the Bruce masterplan....

Well if you remember, the whole team was being built around him prior to this season, according to Bruce. So one would expect that we'd hit a new level with him back in the side...right?:)

8 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Well if you remember, the whole team was being built around him prior to this season, according to Bruce. So one would expect that we'd hit a new level with him back in the side...right?:)

That was my point :) and I have my doubts...

Looking forward to seeing Jack back in the squad and certainly not willing to write him off yet. 

I think we (the club and fans) have a habit of doing so a bit too quickly in the past. I noticed Johnathon Hogg started in a game which saw Huddlesfield beat Man United the other day, who would have thought that?

The lad will need time getting back to match fitness but I have high hopes. I think him and Onomah will give each other pretty strong competition. 

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why does everything have to revert to having a dig at Bruce.

Let's say Grealish does come into the side and we do start performing really well, where does that leave you lot?!

Cynicism for the sake of being cynical.

just cottoned on:D

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Let's say Grealish does come into the side and we do start performing really well, where does that leave you lot?!

I'd say everybody would be extremely happy if Grealish came in and did well. I have my doubts he can as a 10 and that's nothing to do with the strange Bruce comments about building the team around a player he had last year yet never played him that often in the position. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Down to Grealish being good, no credit for Bruce. Obviously. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's up? Didn't he tweet weeks ago he was almost back? 

He played a couple matches for our U-23s now. Probably not far off full fitness. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in tonight's squad. 

Looking forward to seeing him back. 

For the first time in his villa career he might not have the expectations of saving the entire club. With the form of adomah, davis and snodgrass the expectations to beat 4 players and create or score every game might not be there. I look forward to seeing him with intelligent players we now have and behind a striker who keeps the ball brilliantly. 

Think by the end of the year he will be back having a real impact on the team. 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2017 at 15:32, dn1982 said:

I'd say everybody would be extremely happy if Grealish came in and did well. I have my doubts he can as a 10 and that's nothing to do with the strange Bruce comments about building the team around a player he had last year yet never played him that often in the position. 

Really not strange. Just basic man management - telling the lad he will be missed at a time he probably need a bit of a boost, lying in hospital with a punctured kidney.

• Like 1

He doesn't fit in the team at the moment, he's going to have to wait for his chance when injuries or suspensions hit. The best he can hope for at the moment is the super sub role, something he should get a lot of joy in with his tricky feet and tiring Championship standard defenders.

I hope he can finally make an impact but I don't have much faith in that ever happening after his very much stop start, overhyped, little end product career he's had so far.

6 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

He doesn't fit in the team at the moment, he's going to have to wait for his chance when injuries or suspensions hit. The best he can hope for at the moment is the super sub role, something he should get a lot of joy in with his tricky feet and tiring Championship standard defenders.

I hope he can finally make an impact but I don't have much faith in that ever happening after his very much stop start, overhyped, little end product career he's had so far.

Not so sure. Hourihane and snodgrass and Onomah have all been disappointing in various ways and Jack definitely has it within himself to be better than all of those. 

The only question is can he bring it out of himself. This must be his year he has to deliver and if he does there are definitely players he can usurp. 

Â