The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know what you are saying but I tell you if I heard my son was causing a disturbance at a hotel there would be hell to pay 20 yrs old or not,  he would get a right load of aggro from me. 

I meant in a newsworthy situation. Totally agree if it we're one of mine there'd be serious ructions! 

On 9/24/2016 at 09:15, sidcow said:

I have posted on here before about an interview with Denise Lewis where she said "of course I didn't drink at all when I was competing" 

Basically not drinking or staying up late partying is considered the absolute norm for elite athletes who are all young and in the prime of their life. 

I cannot understand why people consider it OK for footballers to be different. After all they are paid absolutely obscene amounts of money in order to perform a professional sport to the best they possibly can. 

Athlete's are paid a fraction of what they earn yet manage to dedicate their lives to their sport. 

Why do I keep hearing we can't expect them to be Angel's?  They are paid handsomely to be angels. If they want to mistreat their bodies they should get paid nothing and go play for the local pub team where they can guzzle as many beers as they like after the game. 

To play inter county Gaelic football at an amateur level it is generally accepted that there would be no drinking for the majority of the season. The odd exception would be after big wins or team bonding sessions during training camps. In my own county we had a top class u21 player who was called up to the seniors but was dropped off the panel for missing a training session and going horse racing instead. Unfortunately soccer players have contracts so it harder to enforce the same level of commitment to the team.

20 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Would be interested to know whose decision it was to suspend him for our biggest game so far of the season, where he was clearly missed. Di Matteo always seems very supportive of jack even when he's naughty. If the decision came from elsewhere within the club and wasn't the idea of the manager, I have a bit of a problem with that.

If he has misbehaved then he shouldn't play regardless of if we needed him or not, you can't let that behaviour go unpunished.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

If he has misbehaved then he shouldn't play regardless of if we needed him or not, you can't let that behaviour go unpunished.

That's an opinion you're entitled to hold - that any "misbehaviour" by a professional footballer should lead automatically to suspension. Not sure I agree, but  my point was really about whether this was the manager's decision or someone else's within the club.

48 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That's an opinion you're entitled to hold - that any "misbehaviour" by a professional footballer should lead automatically to suspension. Not sure I agree, but  my point was really about whether this was the manager's decision or someone else's within the club.

I think a precedence has to be set throughout the club and discussions would've been held with the manager and the powers that be.

He got punished for the exact same thing last season, nitrous oxide and partying etc, yes he is a young lad, but he is being paid a shed load of money to be a professional, there's plenty of other young lads his age not doing this sh#t or disrespecting the club, once I can understand, but twice in less then a year?! Taking the mickey. 

If he wants to party like that, do it during pre-season like all the other 20yr old professional footballers. 

Edited by Tommo_b

On 25/09/2016 at 12:57, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Silly boy. 

Give your head a wobble Jack, I feel massively let down. 

Yep, we can only hope that he somehow uses this low point to bounce back and show us he means business on the pitch.  He started the season fairly well, so let's hope he can keep that up and make it up to us where it really matters.

I don't begrudge Jack for his behaviour last weekend. It was his Birthday in the week, he should be able to celebrate his Birthday on the piss, and we didn't lose at Ipswich. What he really needs to do (which has been said time and time again), is sort the people he's hanging around with.

I disagree.  As a professional sportsman, in the middle of the season, you should not go out on the piss.  You can't have zero effect from being on the piss and/or staying out all night - it will impact you the next couple of days in training etc.  If you want to be at your physical and mental peak, you have to miss out.  Save it for when we've been promoted;).

I do agree about sorting out his mates though.

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He did and he faced the same inquisition then.

From my point of view, I would have been more understanding of that partying back then had he not been pictured lieing passed out in the street. There is partying, and then there is partying to that extreme, which for a professional sportsman or anyone for that matter is not good. Firstly, because he could have done himself some injury whilst drunk, secondly because it is not good for the body to be that drunk, and thirdly because it then brings further scrutiny on him from the press when he needs to be knuckling down and improving his game to make the step up.

I just don't get why footballers don't just do these things at their homes or a friend's home? Less people, and less of a chance to get in trouble. Or if you want to go to a club, why not just get yourself into the VIP area where the people being allowed in are being heavily monitored. Jack makes enough money to do these things. 

On 24/09/2016 at 12:37, TRO said:

Paul McGrath had/has an infamous association with alcohol.

He was fortunate to be in an era where is was less of an inhibitor to his performance.

bottom line is....He did the business.....so ended up with a chant as opposed to a witch hunt.

I think Jacks problem is his game.....whatever effects it, is conjecture.

Ps Andy Gray had his fair share....but like Macca delivered the goods

Different era, too.  Players who were careless in the past simply wouldn't hold down a career with the same attitude these days - McGrath included.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Different era, too.  Players who were careless in the past simply wouldn't hold down a career with the same attitude these days - McGrath included.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I accept that as my post suggests.....but I believe there is a bit of truth in what I say too.

He's just a little fish in a big, big pond.  He will be just like the Lee Hendrie's ect of this world.  Played well in an FA cup semi final and then.........nothing SweetFA!  Just cannot see the fuss and i think the fans believe the hype as hype is exactly what it is.  He's a lot like that fella that played for Leeds, scored a winner at the Munichs in the FA cup and then........Sweet FA!   

1 hour ago, ermie123 said:

He's just a little fish in a big, big pond.  He will be just like the Lee Hendrie's ect of this world.  Played well in an FA cup semi final and then.........nothing SweetFA!  Just cannot see the fuss and i think the fans believe the hype as hype is exactly what it is.  He's a lot like that fella that played for Leeds, scored a winner at the Munichs in the FA cup and then........Sweet FA!   

I have no idea in what way Jack Grealish and Jermaine Beckford are connected

• Like 1

Â