The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Needs to be punished. This sort of behaviour brings negative publicity onto both him and the club and it's also not really the sort of behaviour befitting an athlete on-season. 

For the most part, top players in this day and age do not do this sort of thing during the season, they are a bit more 'monk-like' in terms of how they treat their body (or at least manage their own PR better!). Grealish needs to decide whether he wants to be a top player or be a less good player but enjoy his lifestyle more. 

It's disappointing that he appears to be falling into the same traps, and it appears that he hasn't learned from the disciplinary actions that the club has already taken against him for past escapades. 

Whilst this is hardly a cardinal sin, it's something he really needs to stop doing during the season.

Sad thing for me is, if he was banned from the first team for say a month, he wouldn't be missed. His performances throughout the season haven't been great (better than last year), but nothing to worry about if he is gone for a while. He isn't making the impact his potential talent should be showing.

I would have Gestede, McCormack and Ayew ahead of him. 

We talk about Gabby doing stuff that professional players today shouldn't be doing, if this is found out to be true, then Grealish should face the same flack.

I want him to succeed, but meh if he doesn't.

Think we're probably looking at another Gabby here. Bloke's an idiot. But, he got his bumper contract, he's idolised by the majority of fans, and can pretty much get away with doing whatever he wants.

If he's not willing to sacrifice that lifestyle now for the sake of his career, family, and club, then I don't think he's got a meaningful career ahead of him, personally.

Edited by juanpabloangel18

12 hours ago, villakram said:

He did plenty wrong.

(i) up all hours partying.

(ii) in the papers again.

He's a professional sportsman who simply doesn't take his career seriously.  In addition, he's a moron, as given the wealth available to him there are abundant venues available specifically to allow this type of thing to occur in private for the wealthy individual. 

I will be very concerned if RDM doesn't come down on him like a ton of bricks. The culture at the club is rotten to the core and this sort of rubbish needs to be stamped out.

or perhaps Dr. T. needs to play bad cop here, given the damage to the brand and the reversion to the old Villa stupidity.

Your definition of doing wrong is being in the papers?

no images, no direct quotes.

you must spend a lot of time reading newspapers and getting outraged.

I do agree with many that having the party is stupid and not realising the implications of having a piss up in a hotel i.e. in a publically accessible place was moronic beyond belief.  He should be fined if he has broken club rules, and it sounds like he will be. But until i have actual facts of what he did or didn't do, i'm not going to hang him out to dry.

if it wasn't his 21st birthday party any leniency or understanding would be out the window and i think ultimately he is running out of chances with the club and fans.

Edited by VillanousOne

5 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

can pretty much get away with doing whatever he wants

That's demonstrably untrue. The opposite is the case. Footballers can't get away with anything. He might think he can, or he might think no one will know, but clearly he was completely wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, blandy said:

That's demonstrably untrue. The opposite is the case. Footballers can't get away with anything. He might think he can, or he might think no one will know, but clearly he was completely wrong.

Meh, you say that, but he was garbage / anonymous last season, and was reprimanded on several occasions including being dropped from the squad entirely... yet here we are talking about the same incidents, after he's got himself an enormous pay rise and a 4 year deal.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needs to be punished. This sort of behaviour brings negative publicity onto both him and the club and it's also not really the sort of behaviour befitting an athlete on-season. 

For the most part, top players in this day and age do not do this sort of thing during the season, they are a bit more 'monk-like' in terms of how they treat their body (or at least manage their own PR better!). Grealish needs to decide whether he wants to be a top player or be a less good player but enjoy his lifestyle more. 

It's disappointing that he appears to be falling into the same traps, and it appears that he hasn't learned from the disciplinary actions that the club has already taken against him for past escapades. 

Whilst this is hardly a cardinal sin, it's something he really needs to stop doing during the season.

What happens if the club's internal investigation concludes that he did no wrong and has no case to answer?  Will people be happy that he was not punished in that scenario or will those people still wish he's taught a lesson even if found innocent?  I genuinely believe that there will be people in here who will be disappointed if this story results in no punishment for Jack, because I believe those torches are too hard to extinguish and those people have already pre-judged it for themselves.

On the flip side if they conclude that he did wrong and that he must be punished then I'll be happy enough with that too.  Whatever the club decide, given that they'll be the only ones with the facts from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

Guilty or not remains to be proved. For me, he winds me up enough with his flitting around like a show pony on the pitch and not being more direct.

Shoot if you think it's on. Pass to some one else if they're in a better position.....just DO SOMETHING :angry:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I don't like how he's been publicly hung out to dry by media, manager & owner. If he shows his qualities this season he will be joining a premier league team without any hesitation next summer.

Just not sure he's actually that good, decent, but he'll never reach the heights he could, and I doubt he'll ever make an England squad. 

He is too much trouble. 

1 hour ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Meh, you say that, but he was garbage / anonymous last season, and was reprimanded on several occasions including being dropped from the squad entirely... yet here we are talking about the same incidents, after he's got himself an enormous pay rise and a 4 year deal.

I think we're talking about different things, then. You said he "can pretty much get away with doing whatever he wants" - I suggest that as you also wrote - him getting fined and dropped suggests he didn't get away with it.

Where I do agree is that he hasn't (apparently) learnt his lesson. But I think that's different. He was punished (strongly), he didn't get away with it. He thought he would get away with it this time, but obviously he has been caught again.. Now he might not have done anything wrong other than being there, but he really needs to learn along the lines Collymore's advice says. So I think we agree on that part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Whatever the club decide, given that they'll be the only ones with the facts from the horse's mouth.

I have zero faith that the club can retrieve the exact facts fwiw. I've never been under investigation myself but I know a lot of ppl that have and have got away with it by the fact that they were unable to prove the actual facts... especially using the horses mouth.

My issue is this. Would I believe jack grealish? No. Would I believe AVFC? Not in the slightest. And to be quite honest, it doesn't really matter what I believe.

What I do know is that we are once again at the lower end of the table, unable to win a game and either our players are off doing things that perhaps shouldn't (certainly not drawing attention to themselves) or our owner and manager are speaking ill of one of our players for nothing (seen as nothing Is considered proven yet).

Either way, we are STILL yet to improve as a football club and this will do us no good whatsoever.

Report states he was out celebrating his 21st which some team mates attended. He headed on then to the hotel at 3 am with some mates and stayed partying for a few hours. The fella clearly ain't the brightest let's be honest. Go to house, private party even. If he doesn't have the sense to call it a night at 3 am after being in trouble twice before then i dunno. Not like he was told he wasn't to go out. A show pony who should CLEARLY be spending much more time after training working on his game.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Guilty or not remains to be proved. For me, he winds me up enough with his flitting around like a show pony on the pitch and not being more direct.

Shoot if you think it's on. Pass to some one else if they're in a better position.....just DO SOMETHING :angry:

In our last game he had more than double the amount of shots anyone else on our team had. 

His pass accuracy was also better than anyone else. 

I don't think you watched it. 

Â