The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On 19 September 2016 at 17:42, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think you read my post? Of course I don't think he's above criticism. I've criticised him myself, plenty of times. I was commenting on the general shift in tone of the thread after one average performance. 

I read your post but the "Jesus wept" part sounded like you was unhappy about the criticism he was receiving 

I personally think grealish has been a lot better than last season, but he still has a long way to go to live up to the hype. Personally I saw a lot more in albrighton when he first broke through.

still can't believe we let him go on a free! ( I know off subject)

• Like 2

I think this slowing down criticism is over used. It's intentional most times to allow the lb to over lap. He's not lightning fast so he's not going to beat a man for pace, he's clever. He's always done it. 

I'd rather that than the ayew approach of run at people till you lose the ball. 

2 goals from a winger in a team that isn't scoring enough. He's fine for me in the team. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Best player we have.

Loves hippy crack. 

<3

#iheartgresford

I can tell you couldn't be arsed posting the link, so I did it for you. Burn him  at the stake I say!!!:trollface:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3799189/Jack-Grealish-embroiled-hippy-crack-storm-Aston-Villa-star-involved-unruly-hotel-room-bash.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Jack Grealish embroiled in another 'hippy crack' storm with Aston Villa star involved in unruly hotel room bash

•  
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I couldn't care less what he does in his spare time. 

As long he's performing on the pitch and adding to his goals then why do we care..

Thats the problem if he is still doing this, is it having a impact on his performaces?! He started well but has been quite average last few games

Edited by Demitri_C

So a source at the hotel and a source close to Jack...in other words they can make up anything they like...surprised someone at the hotel would want to remain anonymous, his "mates" of course just want the papers £

Again it's a nothing story with no context, Jack's party? Was it really? Police kicked people out? And yet no comments from the police...was Jack revelling, was he even still there at 7.45am, was he on the balloons? Doesn't matter because it's written in a way that implies he was

Difference between this and the last time is the club reacted in a way that pretty much wrote his season off, hopefully this time we'll see a captain manager and owner rally round our player 

• Like 2

The reactions to this are interesting.  It seems as though the willingness to believe this Daily Mail article and also whether to believe the guilt of Grealish's actions at a hotel party seem to correlate with people's opinions of the person.

Now I'm not suggesting that this is any kind of court of law, but what that 'newspaper' has written would not stand up in anything other than a twitter kangaroo court.

Let's see what the club do first.

EDIT : If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be a reprimand for just being present at a party and giving scum like the Mail any ammunition at all.  Which will satisfy neither side of the fanbase because the side that want to castigate him won't have the NOS factor, and the side that want to show he has completely changed will still have to admit he was at a party.

The question then becomes whether it's OK to be at a(ny) party a full week before your next game.  I expect the answer to that question will also depend on whether people are motivated to find him innocent or guilty.

• Like 3

Â