The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, that does not say `he is going' as stated on a previous post.

That is no different to what Bruce said, as I remember, last week.

So no change?

thats the way i read it too

not sure why some of our fans see "we dont need to sell anyone" and "he's not for sale" and interpret it as he's definitely leaving because of FFP, its mind boggling, twitter is full of it

• Like 1

Every player has his value,  Bruce has been in the game long enough to know that everyone has their price, whether you want to sell them or not.

I can't see Spurs making us an offer we can't refuse and in this case I would imagine we don't have a player who is going to force our hand into accepting a bid we don't want to.
I would hope Jack, whether he wants to go or not, doesn't kick up a fuss and toss in all the goodwill he has here. He is a young man, he has two years left on his deal, he will get his move eventually.

Just give us one more year Jack.

40 minutes ago, Godders said:

Today's events seem to back up that we don't have to sell players to balance the books. £6mill bid on a player without having offloaded Grealish or anyone else. If our hands were truly tied by FFP, presumably we'd be on a sell to buy basis, but it currently (as of 10:53 this morning) doesn't seem that we are. 

The figures are out there for people to see.

Compared to last season, the club has to have a swing of approx 40 million quid in terms of money going out v money coming in, over the season - so that's things like wages off the books, transfer fees coming in v transfer fees going out, sponsorship income, ticket money etc. etc.

With the best will in the world, that 40 million + swing isn't going to happen unless the club sells (net) about 25 - 30 million quids worth of players, perhaps a bit more, over the season  - This window and January. 

• Like 1

I still think Jack will go, although obviously I hope he stays with us and has a blinding season!

The club have an FFP responsibility to meet, and JG is priced at a 'fill that hole in one" level.

Jack must be keen to join a top club because he's ambitious, and because Spurs play his kind of football.

So we've got a player who would like to go, and  a solution to our 2018/19 FFP problem. It's a logical outcome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Every player has his value,  Bruce has been in the game long enough to know that everyone has their price, whether you want to sell them or not.

I can't see Spurs making us an offer we can't refuse and in this case I would imagine we don't have a player who is going to force our hand into accepting a bid we don't want to.
I would hope Jack, whether he wants to go or not, doesn't kick up a fuss and toss in all the goodwill he has here. He is a young man, he has two years left on his deal, he will get his move eventually.

Just give us one more year Jack.

Unfortunately, by his comments, it looks like Bruce wants to sell him, which does not exactly do anything to endear him to me. He is almost touting him.

He need only say `he is not for sale' if he really wanted to keep him.

He might well still go, even at that, but it would be for top dollar.

I have watched Grealish coming through for a number of years. He is very much one of us. I would be gutted to see him go.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

The figures are out there for people to see. 

I don't deny that we have certain obligations to meet under FFP.

However, as I've said previously, I'm taking what our owners say at face value as we have no reason to assume they're pulling the wool over our eyes, and it's fair to assume they know more intimately what can and can't be done in our situation, with our finances, in the context of FFP. If they say we don't have to sell players, I'm taking that to mean we don't have to sell players. Hell, they may even have had some sort of undertaking from the EFL that the worst we'll see is a fine, and have taken the decision that it's worth paying rather than gutting the squad. I'm sure they have very knowledgeable accountants and lawyers advising them. 

You are obviously welcome to your opinion that we absolutely have to sell players to meet FFP. I personally can't see any real logical reasoning behind this though when our owners, who have a far greater understanding of our situation than I do, and have apparently met with the EFL to discuss this, are telling me we don't need to sell players. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I bet Jack will play garbage tonight with all the uncertainty. It'll be like Yorke V Everton

I hope he plays garbage in our comfortable win. Or even picks up a little strain that rules him out for a week, just past when Spurs would want him to do a medical....

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I hope he plays garbage in our comfortable win. Or even picks up a little strain that rules him out for a week, just past when Spurs would want him to do a medical....

a medical looks for key underlying problems, not current injuries...stewart downing passed his medical for us with a broken leg

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well pretty much every Club in the world other than perhaps Real Madrid and Barcelona will have someone they are worried about losing.

Its just unusual for us because we are normally hoping our players DO leave !

And I’m pretty sure there’s quite a lot we can do with the money ! 

Even Real Madrid and Barcelona does. But, for us we can’t get players with the same qualities. We had 1-2 players who have kept us in the Premier League. Their departure costed us relegation.

Our main threat and weapon now is Grealish. Without him we won’t have any creativity. Yes we could win but a player as Grealish would give us a lot of benifits atleast other teams will be worried and double mark him which will give spaces for other players.

We are worried that the money can’t be well spent while we are down here (unless we had more time and we had a new manager).

If we go up this season, we will need to buy a whole team again. We will need as much money as we could. So if Jack is here by then we would either have a proper cash from him with us having promotion. Or we keep one of the most promising English players to start with us in the Premier League.

We also don’t have time to replace him with a similar quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Spurs are not going to pay £30m+ for Jack. 

End of story.

He stays

This is how I see it. Levy is not paying ~40m for a Championship player. I'd be flabbergasted if he did.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

WTH I thought this was something new. From the presser it was clear that we do t have to sell anyone unless a premium fee is met.

I swear it seems like some people really want him to he sold the way they speculate. From all the talk on here I thought it was confirmed he was off.

It does and I don’t understand why...we’re really going to suffer if he leaves and he would be almost impossible to replace. I don’t think we would have the time or money to do so either so we would be drastically weakened.

I doubt anyone here really wants to see him leave unless it's for stupid money. I just think people are a little wary that Spurs might come back and meet us at our asking price (however likely or unlikely this is to happen) with the window being so close to closing up. if this happens it could potentially leave us incredibly vulnerable this season and be the difference between promotion hopes and a write off. I believe he is that instrumental to us.

Then again as a lot of you point out, Bruce has said that we're not looking to sell anyone and I suppose that this should be enough assurance for now. 

Â