The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Are they open to Young coming back? 

Young came from Watford. Grealish was literally Villa family, from birth, ancestry and development as a player. "My city, my club". We were building a team round him. 

No comparison. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a Villa fan, if I was at the club at the moment, with this ownership, and this squad, with the potential the club has, wild horses couldn't drag me away to join another club. I cannot understand any Villa fan who would want to leave at this time.

Fair enough but did you really see us making the champions league this season or winning a trophy. We are still two or three years away from doing that and Grealish is mid twenties.  

• Like 2

I can see it now during his interview:

Grealish - "i would like to say to all the Villa fans, from the bottom of my heart, the fans i love, the club i love, my home, my club.....i'd like to take this opportunity to apologise......TO ABSOLUTELY F****** NOBODY, THE PLASTIC SNAKE DOES WHAT THE F*** HE WANTS"

(McGregor meme for anyone unsure)

• Haha 1

I think it's a case of quit on a high with him.  Never going to come back to us while he's better than he is now,  and we'll have moved onwards (and hopefully upwards) by the time he would. He'll demand a massive salary from wherever he ends up after City, and we're better of using all the 100m we get from him elsewhere.

All hypothetical and many years off even considering it, especially given he still hasn't officially left (what's the delay?).

Edited by MrBlack

When Young left Lerner had already closed the chequebook and we were already on a clear downward trajectory. Literally the exact opposite is true now yet Mr "My Club My City My Home" for whatever reason has a burning desire to leave.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Are they open to Young coming back? 

So different in SOOO many ways I wouldn't know when to start.

I'm sure some people will welcome him back when he wants one final pay day / send off though when he's past it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I get the idea of not letting sport affect you too much emotionally, and it doesn’t usually, but this is a gut punch. 

He’s pretty much the reason I started watching  and enjoying football again. Add in the homegrown, ‘one of us’ factor and the idea of him leading us on an upward trajectory and it feels like it was a once in a lifetime type of thing.

I’m going to lie, I can’t help resenting him now. The memories are tainted. He’s taken the easiest, most soulless route to the top but **** hell, I’m going to miss him. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do different in SOOO many ways I wouldn't know when to start.

I'm sure some people will welcome him back when he wants one final pay day / send off though when he's past it.

I could see him going to somewhere like the MLS before that happens tbh.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah I’m gone now.  I just wanted something concrete and the photo of him in the Man City car got me there.  I’m in the angry phase now!

All the fluffy stuff now from others about wishing him well and we shouldn’t be call him a snake just grates at me at the moment.

One of our own turns his back on us, he’s a snake and he can go f##k himself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, penguin said:

I've lost so much love for the game recently, particularly with the implementation of VAR in the Premier League and the bias in its usage. This is another sizeable brick out of the wall for me just starting to feel a numbness to it all now.

A lot of the shine of football has been lost for me. I always knew it was a soul-less money making machine, but there was always hope under the surface that the mold could be broken with a bit of luck and careful planning. We had the perfect setup for it, but even that wasn't immune from being picked at by the status quo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

When Young left Lerner had already closed the chequebook and we were already on a clear downward trajectory. Literally the exact opposite is true now yet Mr "My Club My City My Home" for whatever reason has a burning desire to leave.

That’s what hurts most. It makes you question he true intentions. 

• Like 1

I would be more discouraged if we lost Jack without recouping some attacking prowess during this window.

With the addition of Ings, Buendia, Bailey, and maybe Cantwell we more than made up for that and in the long-run I think will be a better team overall.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyhota_avfc said:

If he wants to come back in a few years while he’s still in his prime and help us win trophies, then sure. But if he tries to come back washed at age 36 for some sort of nostalgic “last ride with my club” BS then he can not even bother 

He's got one chance to come back and that's tonight, anything else and he can do one.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

A lot of the shine of football has been lost for me. I always knew it was a soul-less money making machine, but there was always hope under the surface that the mold could be broken with a bit of luck and careful planning. We had the perfect setup for it, but even that wasn't immune from being picked at by the status quo.

Yeah, I’m not hurt. I understand it, it’s just boring. What a boring choice to make.

• Like 2

Â