The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This whole thing has become a circus, there are so many ways of looking at it....my comments...

My take on it is that I feel a bit angry that if Jack is going, and since he is supposed to love the Villa so much then he can only be leaving for even more money, the chance to play at the highest level and win stuff, most of which he will not get with the Villa any time soon. The issue is that he will leave us with only a few days to go before the season starts and clubs will know we have loads of money and inflate their prices of players accordingly, and that, Mr Jack Grealish, is known as leaving the Villa in the mire or doing a Martin O'Neill.

The other side of the coin is that we have become over reliant on Jack, maybe its time to cash in and build a team similar to the 1981/82 team.

I wonder if all of this was started by Southgate...."I cannot pick you to start for England as you play in the Championship"......now becomes "unless you play for the sky scum 6 I cannot pick you to start for England regularly".........

How can it be ok for a club under investigation for dodgy dealings be allowed to spend upwards of 250 million on Kane and Grealish......is this really a level playing field? 

VTID 

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

One thing for certain, whatever happens with this saga. Sam Lee needs to reconsider his career choice. As a journalist you surely must remain an impartial onlooker reporting facts, that are known to you, to the best of your ability. Ignore the noise. The man has vested too much emotional energy and stock into a event that he has no control over. His overinflated sense of importance has grown uncontrollably. He has courted and indulged in 'abuse' and now seems to want to play a martyr to a cause. It is a football transfer not the striking of a peace accord between Israel and Palestine. Further to that, you are merely reporting on it. You are not involved in the outcome or the process in anyway.

It’s different nowadays, that’s what people want. They can always hide behind “anything can happen with transfers” get-out card

6 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

Disappointing if he's off, I'd much rather a small statement to confirm otherwise and leave him at Bodymoor.  

Why involve him in team bonding?

Maybe his mind isn’t made up?

And by dumping him out in the cold you’d make it up for him.

Patience, love, and understanding.  The kind of stuff that separates us from City.

Ultimatums are never a good thing.  Look at Kane and Spurs.

Serious question, but as there been any solid news from either Villa or City to confirm any talks/bids have been made at all? I feel like this whole saga developed because the media said so. It's very possible there's no talks whatsoever. 

Just find the whole thing strange, similar to last summer with United. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hadn't seen that bit to be honest. But the fact it was announced / made about 1-2 hours after we received that bid.... And after 4 weeks of silence on the JWP front?

No not really.

More likely imo that the bid is to convince Jack to stay. Not to replace him if he goes. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Serious question, but as there been any solid news from either Villa or City to confirm any talks/bids have been made at all? I feel like this whole saga developed because the media said so. It's very possible there's no talks whatsoever. 

Just find the whole thing strange, similar to last summer with United. 

I don't remember the BBC confirming a bid had been made by United last season whereas they very much have done this time round.

Not to say that the BBC don't get things wrong, but they tend to report on facts rather than speculation.

• Like 3

On 02/08/2021 at 11:34, nick76 said:

Jack training is a good sign and a fact!  After all the mindless speculation over the weekend even though not massive it’s nice to have a Fact!

@Fairy In Bootssaid he was going for photos at City at the end of weekend and signing by now so for another summer running his sources are making him look not accurate again.  We had other sources saying Jack wasn’t going to turn up for training so just that Jack is at training is positive and factual after a weekend of speculation.

Will go long mate, Kane is effecting it. We better hope Kane goes to City if we want to keep Jack I really do think that could be the key as City want and need a striker. I personally feel that talk of deadline is Grealish’s team (Stella) are pushing for the move because City’s board will not want to spend £260m in one summer without offloading £100m first such as Sterling and Fernandez. I’m still 95% sure he’s off told Friday. 

pictures mean nothing Jack is a pro and will conduct himself as such. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't remember the BBC confirming a bid had been made by United last season whereas they very much have done this time round.

Not to say that the BBC don't get things wrong, but they tend to report on facts rather than speculation.

Yeah, it's not to say that all these outlets are 100% accurate. But way too many have said the same thing. The information about the the bid has clearly come out from one side. Probably city's side. 

Edited by DCJonah

If there is no developments today that will mean will be going into about 10 days  before the start of the season none the wiser if our captain and star player will be gracing us with our presence or not. It won't give a lot of time bringing in the reinforcements will it.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

If City are trying to get both Kane and Grealish, could it be that both us and Spurs are demanding the cash upfront which I’m guessing might screw them from a FFP point of view. I’m not an expert but I’m guessing most transfers are spread over 3 or 4 years is because it helps with FFP. £100m over 4 years would only equate to £25m per season towards FFP or doesn’t it work this way?

If it does then I can see City trying to haggle with both clubs in getting the upfront payments down and both are playing hardball, hence the delay on both deals.

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Will go long mate, Kane is effecting it. We better hope Kane goes to City if we want to keep Jack I really do think that could be the key as City want and need a striker. I personally feel that talk of deadline is Grealish’s team (Stella) are pushing for the move because City’s board will not want to spend £260m in one summer without offloading £100m first such as Sterling and Fernandez. I’m still 95% sure he’s off told Friday. 

So how much have you bet on Grealish to Man City with the bookies and at what odds? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

As Victor Meldrew would say, "I don't believe it"

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

The reinforcements are close to done and lined up. I'd be absolutely shocked if Lange did it any other way... 

Yup. No way our management are sat on their hands waiting for Jack to make his mind up. If he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if we're delaying things to try and bring people in before we have the Grealish funds

Â