The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Okay this is ridiculous. We're seriously seeing footage of Lange pulling Grealish aside for a quiet chat at 6.30pm on the day we're expecting the decision to be made? How has it gotten to this point?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayEm said:

Okay this is ridiculous. We're seriously seeing footage of Lange pulling Grealish aside for a quiet chat at 6.30pm on the day we're expecting the decision to be made? How has it gotten to this point?

He’s giving Jack modelling tips of how to smile.

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Never mind your post, where the frig have you been hiding?! :D 

Alright matey - I posted a little one in the Swedish Football / Allsvenskan thread this morning. Lot of life stuff all in a short period, didn't deal with it the best to be honest at first then after... one thing after another (cursed??)  and pretty much stepped back from everything was into, all good a while back but overall a 3 years hiatus for VT. Lurked a few times in recent months adn the whole Jack saga... I don't know mate, I couldn't resist logging back in.....

Was convinced there'd be news during the day, stay or go. For days now, I have been refreshing Google searches dozens and dozens of times per day of Jack Grealish / Aston Villa - leads to the same old BS, just in case some new snippet of info is out there. One says going, another says staying. I'm kinda affected by this, I can't remember being so hooked-to-know. It's such a huge T-junction for the club and with the absence of accurate media info, well the old VT is still where it's at... it seems. No one knows on here either but at least no one's telling porkies like all the news / footie sites I've been on... accepting cookies and the like, from sites you think ah f--- after all that, etc, nothing. 

Even waiting for the BBC Gossip page to refresh for the next day's news (anytime after 11pm ish ;o) before I go to sleep, just in case that throws something out. I'm that hooked. We will know either way soon! I just don't want some smug mate breaking it to me, if it's "he's off."

Good to see you friend. I'll pull up a chair. This was always the place to be! 

• Like 2

I think it's positive that he's back in with the squad - he is clearly well liked, and loves his work, so that is another pull on the heart strings.

I know it's been made a lot more dramatic with our friend posting pics and vids, but it does seem weird that these chats are happening in the open, when surely there is a perfectly good room in the hotel.
I keep thinking this must mean that he's staying, because why else would he be paraded and talking to Lange. But then again - why at all?

Edit - maybe his agent is sat in the hotel, so we're keeping him away from that toad. That makes the most sense in my head.

Edited by Pez1974
update

At least this whole sorry saga has now put Grealish firmly on a par with Harry Kane, at least in terms of the football public (we already knew how good he was).

It could also be a grand plan by the agent to further increase his visibility after the euros by having a tedious ongoing transfer saga ;)

Either way, AVFC has been talked about a lot this transfer window, and that’s not a bad thing.

We either keep our talisman, who now has a greater visibility and so does the club, or we have 100 mil in the bank for new players to strengthen the squad.

I remember reading that the night we stayed up against West Ham, Jack and the lads celebrated and got drunk, Dean Smith had Jack sign a 5 year contract on a beer mat? Then sometime after it was made formal.

I hope all of our players get a round in for the Captain. I hope the lad hiding in the camo / plant pot can see some pens and stuff to write on.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What about drinks tonight ?

Well I was a little busy but I can probably clear some time in my diary if you're paying? 

• Haha 1

Can't lie, this is brilliant from the club. We know with how guarded they are with practically everything, if they wanted to keep this Grealish thing under wraps they absolutely could. Instead they're teasing the fans with all of this, starting with that tweet this morning timed right after Kane was reported to not go to training.

• Like 3

Â