The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

The rise in super jack has coincided with the rise in villa fans spending money.

30,000 season ticket holders, 13k on the waiting list.

Expected shirt sales 30,000 sold 80,000 and now expecting to sell 100,000 this year.

Plans to extend the capacity due to cementing our position and fan expenditure.

With all of these plans, Jack is a key part of it as he will be 50% of any sponsor influenced decision to sponsor villa.

Gone are the days of match day shirt sponsors for each player shirt on the programme with Townshend newsagents sponsoring a play for a game.

It's going to be big business, big business requires success and big time players, the also means more tv money and league position money.

Jack is in my view staying, just can't see the logic in taking 100m or there abouts and that's it, when we keep him 4 more years and the income he generates is the same or more than that plus he would be playing for us and improving the team.

Probably will sell double last seasons grealish shirts with his new fan club 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I remember the Platt sale. Like you I was gutted. He was my hero and kept us up singlehandedly that season under Dr Jo

You are a bit out on the season of great football though... that wasn't the season after Platt left, it was two seasons after. Big Ron's first season was decent, we finish 7th but had a spell of 1 goal in 11 games in mid season - imagine if that happened now! Meltdown. The following year when we got Houghton in and then Saunders signed, plus Dalian was back from injury, we were majestic, and came 2nd :) 

ps Platt left on 20th July 1991. A few days over 30 years ago! Where does time go? 

Ahhh, I get my years mixed up from time to time, apologies. Yes, Ron’s second season! Just brilliant stuff and 30 years is just frightening. 

• Like 1

It's actually, 'Now, yes I can confirm' but he didn't use the tilda on the i of sí!

I'll take what I can get at the moment, so liked and believed!

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This guy is reffered to as an employee of Villa by a South American Citeh fan - seems all quite random, but it's so odd it's intersting. His bio is "Contemporary to Emiliano Martinez". This post today before Jack's instagram message. Then McGinn. Makes you think something has got around the players today. 

NOW IF I CAN CONFIRM JACK GREALISH IS GOING TO BE A PLAYER OF THE ASTON VILLA !!! INCREDIBLE HOW THE MANCHESTER CITY WILL GET F*CKED 

I very much doubt this person is an employee but god bless him he really loves the Villa. I went in for a quick look at his Twitter, took me about 10 mins just to get through the ones from today.

• Like 1

Statue territory is absolutely right.

If he stays, it's simply a fact we will keep moving forward very quickly.

I wasn't expecting the new deal last summer at all. Another "lifer" would be incredible.

To be clear, the pic McGinn and Grealish both posted is just a link to the club's official page about it being 1 Year today we secured our place in the Prem.

I really wouldn't read too much into it. The pic of Jack is one of the media in the post from the club. It would've been automatically done when Jack/John decided to share the club's post about us staying up

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Man City have got other things to worry about lately than trying to spend £300 million on 2 players. Wait till this hearing finishes, they got UEFA and the FA after them. 

Suppose Man City fans' view would be get their business done before any sanctions though.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Man City have got other things to worry about lately than trying to spend £300 million on 2 players. Wait till this hearing finishes, they got UEFA and the FA after them. 

They have literally nothing to worry about, they have the best lawyers in the world and a cartel of other clubs with a vested interest of making sure nothing materially changes for them. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

To be clear, the pic McGinn and Grealish both posted is just a link to the club's official page about it being 1 Year today we secured our place in the Prem.

I really wouldn't read too much into it. The pic of Jack is one of the media in the post from the club. It would've been automatically done when Jack/John decided to share the club's post about us staying up

So you don’t think they’re conscious beings?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah exactly 

He's screenshot and posted the opening pic from a video from the official account celebrating a win a year ago

And some believe it to be a coded message that cos his fingers are out of his ears it means he's listening to offers and he's going... 

What the **** is wrong with people 

Are you serious? He knows full well about all the speculation at the moment and he knows full well what the "fingers in the ears" symbolises to the fans after that gesture last summer. I think he'd be very stupid to post that if he was on the brink of a move. Think about it a bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Then why screenshot at all? Why not just repost, which is a lot quicker to do? 

Exactly right. You'd just re-tweet the link. Not specifically take a screenshot of the one image that is actually relevant now and then post that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This guy is reffered to as an employee of Villa by a South American Citeh fan - seems all quite random, but it's so odd it's intersting. His bio is "Contemporary to Emiliano Martinez". This post today before Jack's instagram message. Then McGinn. Makes you think something has got around the players today. 

NOW IF I CAN CONFIRM JACK GREALISH IS GOING TO BE A PLAYER OF THE ASTON VILLA !!! INCREDIBLE HOW THE MANCHESTER CITY WILL GET F*CKED 

That last sentence is beautiful 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Â