The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I still in my heart do not think that Jack is going anywhere, but would be absolutely inept and stupid if he went for anything less than 100.  And stupid and inept are not words anyone should associate with NSWE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

The fact that his representatives have supposedly agreed personal terms whilst also talking to Villa about a new contract is interesting. Kind of suggests that we will match City’s offer in his new contract

Kind of suggests that it’s all click bait made up nonsense to me. I’d imagine that the way we are now run, we will have been ahead of the game on this and a lot of other issues. There’s no way that we aren’t holding most of the cards here. 

I’d imagine that all is sorted behind closed doors. We as fans are all nervous and want an announcement regarding a new contract etc. The club seem relaxed about the situation. Confused click bait stories can provide a welcome distraction while we quietly get on with actual business. 

Pre NSWE I might have been concerned but not now. I’m happy to let the fans of little clubs, with no genuine success in major European competition, to go and glop themselves to a frenzy about our best player. It must be a dream for them, let them enjoy it while they can. 

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The Athletic is excellent for their coverage of American sports. Unfortunately it just shows the level our sports journalists are at. It just seems to be something ingrained in our football culture. 

Problem is too many people lap it up. And to be fair I'm probably a little guilty of it at times. 

It's completely crap. You have Southampton Athletic guy saying JWP no offers made and link is "total bollocks" then I've listened to Gregg Evans on podcast and JWP mentioned and total gloss over yeah club interested, translation I haven't a clue. Same with Preece. You can tell the latter 2 are frustrated it's not Bruce anymore saying in the kebab shop exactly who he wants to sign

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The Athletic is excellent for their coverage of American sports. Unfortunately it just shows the level our sports journalists are at. It just seems to be something ingrained in our football culture. 

Problem is too many people lap it up. And to be fair I'm probably a little guilty of it at times. 

Originates from the old-school British disdain for the concept of professionalism in sport, which originated as leisurely past-times for the upper classes. Even football, despite its celebrated working class roots, had to be wrestled from the clutches of the toffs who dominated the early years (see the first decade of FA Cup finals for evidence, all amateur upper class teams - Wanderers, Old Etonians, Royal Engineers etc).

Even as the working classes came to embrace football as a spectator sport worth investing in, the disdain for the professional aspects of the sport have remained.

We see this in the common disgust shared by the public (but particularly those who do not attend games) for the salaries earned by professional players. Meanwhile you don't often hear criticism from the same avenues for the level of "prize money" earned by winners of individual sports (non-team contests) such as Wimbledon or the Masters etc.

I firmly believe this has made its way into the relative value ascribed to Analytics, Statistics, and intelligent journalistic analysis of the English game. Try to talk about xG with the average armchair supporter and you'll see. 

There's more appetite for intelligent coverage in less traditional societies like America where they've rarely known anything but big-money sports and an obsession with statistical analysis.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

The much rumored release clause is being bandied around in the click press. Is there any reliable information about what this might actually be?

Yes it is 82 million and it was met last night at midnight and Jack is undergoing a medical whilst on holiday today. Personal terms are yet to be agreed but my source state they will not be a problem. Expect press meet and greet early next week. 

Monster monster 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

The much rumored release clause is being bandied around in the click press. Is there any reliable information about what this might actually be?

Entire rumour exists on there being one. If there isn't that's that. I've seen posted that there was relegation release clause. No pretend ITK on internet knows. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

not reliable, but i've heard from multiple equally reliable ITKs and sources, including former footballer's who know nothing and Uncle Bob down the pub, that it's b*llocks and he actually wants to quit football to become a male model and love island entrant.

• Like 1

Literally just saw a mind blowing story:

" Sources around Man City indicate that personal terms have been agreed for Jack Grealish "

" However sources close to Grealish indicate he is ready to sign a new contract at Villa "

" Manchester City will sign Jack Grealish if Villa agree to let him go "

- SAM LEE

Boom Reaction GIF by Nakd Wholefoods

In other news, i'll have sex with Beyonce if Jay Z allows to let her go.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

The fact that his representatives have supposedly agreed personal terms whilst also talking to Villa about a new contract is interesting. Kind of suggests that we will match City’s offer in his new contract. 

Keeping Jack amid all this pressure would be the best business of the window no doubt. 

Smith Rowe tactics.

If i'm honest, if this is the case, makes me a bit sick, that we have to be doing this with " One of our own " " Mr. Aston Villa "

Then again, it's a new era of agents etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Entire rumour exists on there being one. If there isn't that's that. I've seen posted that there was relegation release clause. No pretend ITK on internet knows. 

I’m pretty sure Purslow has said there wasn’t any clause 

Even Radio 1s Nick Grimshaw who doesn't follow football has been talking about Jack. After that an influx of callers and texters into Radio 1 for a solid 24hrs. 

Girls were saying that they miss screaming at the TV "WHEN IS JACK COMING ON SOUTHGATE" etc 

He is all over people Tiktok algorithms. He is a national heart throb. 

One texter said that they miss him and might even come down to VP to get their fix... 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Even Radio 1s Nick Grimshaw who doesn't follow football has been talking about Jack. After that an influx of callers and texters into Radio 1 for a solid 24hrs. 

Girls were saying that they miss screams at the TV "WHEN IS JACK COMING ON SOUTHGATE" etc 

He is all over people Tiktok algorithms. He is a national heart throb. 

One texter said that they miss him and might even come down to VP to get their fix... 

Good luck getting a ticket! 

He is a superstar now though, it can only be a good thing for Villa as long as he’s still a Villa player. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Known poor club Aston Villa will now accept £82m not the media invented figure of £100m. It’s absolutely hilarious how they come up with it. 

Yep the 82 million originally posted on football insider is completely and entirely reliable don't you know?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Difference is that American sport doesn’t have transfers as such, they also have more actual sports of interest to write about, so don’t need to make stuff up. 

• Like 2

Â