The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

31 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It’s ok to stud someone’s leg if you get the ball on the way

Rosetti has explained that Jorginho’s contact with the ball first to win the tackle, prior to following through and connecting with Grealish, was the crucial factor. Had there been no contact with the ball first and Jorginho had solely made contact with his opponent, it would have been red.

“[Kuipers] saw Jorginho trying to play the ball – you can see him put his right foot on the ball and this is 100% clear and then the right foot is slipping on the ball and there is a second contact on the leg of the white seven player,” Rosetti is quoted as saying by The Guardian.

My bet is that next time an England player tackles like this in an international it will be a red. I am not surprised about this article as this is the usual back covering by the referees association.

Dunno why so many people were clutching their pearls over the Sweden red card vs Ukraine that was basically an unfortunate collision after a clearance then

38 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It’s ok to stud someone’s leg if you get the ball on the way

Rosetti has explained that Jorginho’s contact with the ball first to win the tackle, prior to following through and connecting with Grealish, was the crucial factor. Had there been no contact with the ball first and Jorginho had solely made contact with his opponent, it would have been red.

“[Kuipers] saw Jorginho trying to play the ball – you can see him put his right foot on the ball and this is 100% clear and then the right foot is slipping on the ball and there is a second contact on the leg of the white seven player,” Rosetti is quoted as saying by The Guardian.

My bet is that next time an England player tackles like this in an international it will be a red. I am not surprised about this article as this is the usual back covering by the referees association.

You missed the Kalvin Phillips tackle against Germany then where he tried to do exactly what Jorginho did, misjudged it and went straight in to the shin of the German player's standing leg?

Edited by sparrow1988

4 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Dunno why so many people were clutching their pearls over the Sweden red card vs Ukraine that was basically an unfortunate collision after a clearance then

Yeah you could argue the Swedish guy who was sent off cleared the ball first if that is the new criteria. I bet nobody put that to Rosetti in the interview though.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

You missed the Kalvin Phillips tackle against Germany then where he tried to do exactly what Jorginho did, misjudged it and went straight in to the shin of the German player's standing leg?

**** hate Kalvin Phillips.

Looks like Lee Evans but with a long running issue of shit haircuts…

Prick thought he was funny having a pop at us a few years ago after his transfer broke down…

word removed…

That is all…

25 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

You missed Kalvin Phillips tackle against Germany then where he tried to do exactly what Jorginho did, misjudged it and went straight in to the shin of the German player's standing leg?

I did, as I only turned on the game at 70 mins as that is when I got in from work. Fair enough, sounds like he got away with one then.

55 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Probably should have had him heading to the early showers but then Phillips definitely should have been sent off in like 3 games at the Euros due to accumulation of fouls. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I did, as I only turned on the game at 70 mins as that is when I got in from work. Fair enough, sounds like he got away with one then.

Yep fairly similar. Rolled along the top of the ball and caught him straight in the shin. The refs were all in all fairly lenient I felt throughout the Euros when compared to the PL.

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

**** hate Kalvin Phillips.

Looks like Lee Evans but with a long running issue of shit haircuts…

Prick thought he was funny having a pop at us a few years ago after his transfer broke down…

word removed…

That is all…

I have taught my missus to shout "dirty leeds" whenever he got on the ball or appeared on the tv.

Imagine my pride when she then shouted "effing hell, you dirty leeds b**t**d !!!" when his shot ballooned over the bar vs Denmark !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I have taught my missus to shout "dirty leeds" whenever he got on the ball or appeared on the tv.

Imagine my pride when she then shouted "effing hell, you dirty leeds b**t**d !!!" when his shot ballooned over the bar vs Denmark !

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Does Ray Parlour not do his homework. Villa don't need 100 million quid, Eden's and co probably have more then that down the side of there Fendi casa sofas.

Thing is, Ray Parlour and most of the other mouthpieces out there, probably know full well that the owners don't need the money.  However, that doesn't fit the "smaller club" narrative in order to pander to their audience made up predominantly of a handful of clubs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Does Ray Parlour not do his homework. Villa don't need 100 million quid, Eden's and co probably have more then that down the side of there Fendi casa sofas.

As if Ray Parlour can read…

Â