The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wan't to wake up on Monday morning (jokes, I ain't sleeping Sunday night) to an official AV post with a photo of Jack with a Euro's winners medal around his neck sat with his new contract signed flanked by our two new signings Emi Buendia and ESR (ESR sipping on a cup of AFTV's tears) all sporting the new kit. 

Make

it

happen

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I wan't to wake up on Monday morning (jokes, I ain't sleeping Sunday night) to an official AV post with a photo of Jack with a Euro's winners medal around his neck sat with his new contract signed flanked by our two new signings Emi Buendia and ESR (ESR sipping on a cup of AFTV's tears) all sporting the new kit. 

Make

it

happen

Would be nice, not too fussed about seeing a photo.Jack will be partying  24/7 so I don't fancy a photoshoot while having diluted pupils.

BUT 

Doesn't mean that can't confirm and announce the new contract with signing ESR while Buendia having a photo shoot in the new kit. 

Would be too much from a marketing perspective, so they'll drag each announcement out. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Sterling is keeping him out on merit, not reputation.

Some people seem to go on why Mount and Saka is playing ahead of Grealish but he isn't competing with either of those for those positions.

Grealish is competing with Sterling and Rashford for the LWF position.

On merit? Tell me how many assists Sterling has during the competition? 

• Haha 1

Bit harsh on Raheem given that winning a penalty (which was initially missed anyway) and forcing a defender to make a clearance which results in an own goal don't teeeeechnically count as assists but had the same effect

9 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Bit harsh on Raheem given that winning a penalty (which was initially missed anyway) and forcing a defender to make a clearance which results in an own goal don't teeeeechnically count as assists but had the same effect

And if England win, he will probably win the player of the tournament award or whatever godforsaken marketing buzzname they've given it.

I thought that Southgate was hoping to win games without him and he's grudgingly having to bring him on to get him out of the shit.

But there's just as much merit to the thinking that he's allowing him the chance to be the hero. He was against Germany a bit (assists not goals) but each time, Southgate is bringing him on to give him the chance to score and win it for England.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Thug said:

Maurinho on talksport this morning hit the nail on the head.

Said that Southgate taking Jack off was nothing but tactical.

However he absolutely didn’t need to make this defensive change, denmark were shattered, and England in total control.

Bringing on a defender was not necessary, having Jack on the pitch would have been easier to manage possession than inviting more pressure.

Regardless, it’s clear that Southgate trusts Jack ahead of Foden, Rashford, Sancho - which is brilliant if you think about it.

Mourinho is spot on with his assessment. You’re also right that Southgate trusts Jack when the chips are down. Jack is the game changer in the squad when we need more than headless chickens running about. Come on you lions!!

43 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Sterling will always score more goals than Jack because hes greedier, gets in the box more and shoots more. Jack does not play this way. If Jack wants to score more he will have to change his game a bit. This is not a criticism of either player simply a case of styles.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thug said:

Maurinho on talksport this morning hit the nail on the head.

Said that Southgate taking Jack off was nothing but tactical.

However he absolutely didn’t need to make this defensive change, denmark were shattered, and England in total control.

Bringing on a defender was not necessary, having Jack on the pitch would have been easier to manage possession than inviting more pressure.

Regardless, it’s clear that Southgate trusts Jack ahead of Foden, Rashford, Sancho - which is brilliant if you think about it.

Mourinho talking about Southgate not needing to play defensively is brilliant :D

I think Southgate has dealt with the whole 'Grealish' situation brilliantly, if I'm honest.  Personally, I'd have started him every game but I'm biased and Southgate needs to do what he feels will win him games.  Let's face it, it's worked.

Â