The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Okonokos said:

Haven't checked this thread for the past day. We still arguing in here?

Yes. **** you. Get behind the lads. I love you. I hate Jack Grealish. Southgate has a big nose. Don’t criticise my boys.

Weakgif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Yes and no. If England had a fairly average crop of players, then I would be ecstatic with grinding out a win with a dodgy penalty and an own goal.

But taking into account the depth of talent that the squad has then a dodgy penalty in extra time seems a little hollow to me.

The worst part is the style of play England has, is let the opposition defence get into position and then attack. Apart from that, excitement comes from the odd hoofball.

I agree. I have no issue with criticizing Southgate for his chosen style of play. I myself was quite wary after the group stage and still bemoan his wasting of England's attacking potential. But there is a difference between being critical while still being able to enjoy a victory and being critical as well as complaining that the win wasn't earned the right way. 

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think that's the best way for this England team to play.

Maybe but I think more people put stock in a man who's been in the job 5 years, knows them left to right, is getting the best out of them and is one game away from winning a European Championship over a fan watching on TV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I agree. I have no issue with criticizing Southgate for his chosen style of play. I myself was quite wary after the group stage and still bemoan his wasting of England's attacking potential. But there is a difference between being critical while still being able to enjoy a victory and being critical as well as complaining that the win wasn't earned the right way. 

Again I am happy for the win. But during the game, players passing (a safe pass) back to the halfway line when there is someone open in front , often Jack, (a not so safe pass) does not appear to be on the menu.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yep, nothing new to see here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Again I am happy for the win. But during the game, players passing (a safe pass) back to the halfway line when there is someone open in front , often Jack, (a not so safe pass) does not appear to be on the menu.

Yeah, so we are essentially in agreement. It's always fun doing that, debating something only to realize your view points are pretty much the same. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We are villa fans first and foremost and would rather watch entertaining football than win. 

Am I misreading this or are you saying you'd rather Villa play good football and not win than win whilst not being entertaining?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I really don’t give a ****, but if Villa won the league playing McLeish ball or scored every goal from a long throw I’d probably not enjoy it as much.

It’s 2 days after the game and people are still saying “no support England the way I do!!!!”

Works both ways. Boring chat.

There's also the fact that it doesn't even work well anymore, at any level, which is my main gripe with the approach. You just know it'll go tits up soon if it isn't failing already.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

The most Brummy gif of all time.

I've got a sneaky feeling Jack will start on Sunday.  Maybe I'm just imagining the hilarious **** of people's minds it would cause in here.

Brilliant isn't it? I never knew you could see an accent until I saw this gif. Made me wonder if it's what I look like when I'm talking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Maybe but I think more people put stock in a man who's been in the job 5 years, knows them left to right, is getting the best out of them and is one game away from winning a European Championship over a fan watching on TV.

No. Fan watching on TV obviously knows better.

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me it's definately about the result, however i do like to feel as though the team could do something magical in a game too. I know sometimes that's not possible but what kills it for me is when that belief that something special could happen has disappeared totally and been replaced by a non stop barrage of turgid, dull lifeless football as did at AVFC for quite some time sadly. I guess i want to see a touch of sparkle now & then, a touch of class if you will. I totally get it that on occasion that has to be the secondary requirement but to remove it completely is extrememly tedious. Under O'neill i also got a little fed up with watching us being battered & under the cosh for 75 mins every game despite finishing 6th. 

I think when clubs started treating you as a customer rather than a fan, then it becomes 'entertainment'. Agree about the MON football it was mostly **** awful and torturous to watch. I woudn't have renewed under him as soon as he **** off 5 mins past 9 the next morning I renewed. I'd be happy playing that dull 'percentage' footall if we were guaranteed to win the league or CL but to finish 6th, nah. I want to be entertained and have the feeling that everyone; players and management have done everything we could have to win. 
The club changed the relationship when it chased the premier league money over the fans. That said, I hope to see us progress again this year and hopefully keep us entertained :)

Oops, back n topic, I hope Jack is involved in a victory tomorrow because it would be a huge shame for him if his tournament ends like this

Edited by commander
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

I think the debate surrounding entertaining football v Boring football, will always rage on.

The holy grail is to find winning football, that is entertaining.....but in doing so, we have to respect that the opposition probably have the same Agenda.

To me open gung ho football is as bad as parking the bus....its finding the essential format that respects both attacking and defensive play, during a game.....That's what the best sides do and that is what we are aiming for....and 15 clean sheets last season, was move in the right direction, to that side of our game....looking forward to try and score more now too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I think a lot of us have made it clear we aren't fans though. We are villa fans first and foremost and would rather watch entertaining football than win. 

Right… if England win I’ll be delighted. If they win playing good football I’ll be thrilled. If they lose I’ll be vaguely annoyed but only because I’m watching with some Italian mates. Versus when Villa lose it ruins my weekend!

I’m the definition of a plastic fan as far as England go… not sure if I hate myself for it or wish I could have that approach for Villa haha.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Right… if England win I’ll be delighted. If they win playing good football I’ll be thrilled. If they lose I’ll be vaguely annoyed but only because I’m watching with some Italian mates. Versus when Villa lose it ruins my weekend!

I’m the definition of a plastic fan as far as England go… not sure if I hate myself for it or wish I could have that approach for Villa haha.

I will always be Villa First ,England second......but it doesn't stop me rooting for England to win, I will be delighted, if we pull it off.

but no recriminations from me if we lose, they have all acted admirably.

Come on, England.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â