The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He did it twice. Twice asked about Grealish directly and his responses were:

1. Mason Mount played outstanding in a place he never played before.
2. Connor Coady has an outstanding debut. Phillips had a great game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

article-0-1A6084F700000578-696_634x422.j

I think we're getting to the bottom of why Jack keeps getting ignored. 

Edited by sidcow

He did talk about Grealish after taking about someone who the question wasn't asked about,  and gave a totally useless summary that he's had experience of the England setup and can build on it. The guy should be a politician,  master of question avoidance. 

even when he eventually lowered himself to talk about Jack in that interview he did so in the most condescending fashion - some ballix about how Jack got to see how hard they work in the england setup and the importance of positional awareness. completely unnecessary and disrespectful imho :rant:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

even when he eventually lowered himself to talk about Jack in that interview he did so in the most condescending fashion - some ballix about how Jack got to see how hard they work in the england setup and the importance of positional awareness. completely unnecessary and disrespectful imho :rant:

Jack knows more about positional awareness than those dozy buggers around him last night ever will. 

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair, after he went on about Mount, he did eventually answer the question about Jack. Nothing of substance as expected though.

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've been thinking about this and I think this sheds light on the problem. 

His belligerence in refusing to answer the question proves that it is Jack's star quality which he's got issue's with. 

He detests that the question has been asked specifically about Jack and not more run of the mill players, hates that he's not been asked about their debuts so he'll ignore the question actually asked and bloody well tell them. 

It's probably linked to his time playing for England when he probably hated all the attention Beckham received whilst him and Rob Lee were ignored at the back of the room. 

He was probably sitting there seething thinking to himself that if he's ever in charge there will be no glamour boys allowed in. 

That's a good shout.  Distinct possibility.  

Wow, he makes me feel lucky to have Giggs managing us. I know he's an asshole in his own right but he's all about giving players a chance and talking fondly of them rather than a condescending anus. 

22 minutes ago, sne said:

So what was the tactic? :D 

I mentioned this last night. The team don't know what they are doing never mind Jack. I don't think he had any real instruction before coming on. The set up is a shambles to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

I don't really keep up with the England squad, but the vibe I get is more than just Villa fans are upset with Southgate. Any chance he gets fired?

We can hope but after that "great World Cup" he had, in which we just beat Tunisia, hammered the mighty Panama, snuck past Colombia, beat Sweden, and lost to Belgium and Croatia, I think for some reason he's guaranteed the Euros.

I've started thinking from another angle.

In addition to what a poster above said about not liking the "Star quality".

Is he extra hard on Jack because he thinks he is a special talent, but doesn't want praise to get to his head and him to think he has "made it" before addressing certain parts of his game? 

Am I clutching?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started thinking from another angle.

In addition to what a poster above said about not liking the "Star quality".

Is he extra hard on Jack because he thinks he is a special talent, but doesn't want praise to get to his head and him to think he has "made it" before addressing certain parts of his game? 

Am I clutching?

You are clutching because he would have him in all squads and certainly play him if he thought he was a special talent. 

You protect them, but you don't ignore them. 

Â