The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

50 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So I meant unconscious bias yeah. In that he is unaware that  he is bias when it comes to Jack and genuinely believes what he is saying and doing

"He is *biased*" 

(Sorry) 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

That interview is pretty disappointing I must say. He's holding Jack to completely different standards to the rest of the squad.

Firstly it was being a Championship player - yet he calls up and starts Phillips before ever playing a PL fixture. Bear in mind Grealish had already played PL football, admittedly hadn't done much but took Liverpool apart in the FA Cup semi final.

Then when Villa were promoted he needed to improve his performances to get in the squad. So he did improve as the season went on, and still no call up came. Even when stats showed he was the most creative English player in the league, there was still no call up.

Then it was that Grealish didn't fit Southgate's system, because they wanted to play him somewhere where he wasn't playing regularly, else he would be behind Sterling, Sancho etc. Yet for whatever reason Trippier plays left wing back, the right-footed Dier plays as a left sided centre back, and Mount plays on the wing where Southgate admits he's never played before in professional football.

Then when Grealish is called up as a last resort, he doesn't even feature until 2 other wingers leave the squad. Even then, he still only gets 15 minutes where he can't really impact the game.

And when journalists ask him what he thought of his debut, he deflects the attention - twice - to focus on other players, before saying Jack was 'fine' and that it's "shown him the intensity". Honestly the only nice thing he said about Jack was that he's smiley. 

So it's one rule for Jack and one rule for the rest of the squad. The guy is entitled to his footballing opinion but he's so hypocritical it makes him look like a complete idiot - maybe he is.

He is.

• Haha 2

Well, it's clear from that interview that Southgate has no intention of calling up Grealish after the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, Foden and Henderson return.  "He got to dip his toes in.   He got to experience the setup and see the intensity..."     Those aren't things you say about someone you plan to use.   Those are words you use about someone who you feel you've done a favor.   It's also almost as if he was saying to the press and pundits, "You were clamoring for him to get a chance.   I've given it to him, now can we please move on."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Does he think because he wears a waistcoat and is polite, we can't tell that he's lying?

Don't think he's lying I just think he's picking players that hes supposed to , maintain the status quo..... If they are good enough for a top 4 club then they must be good enough for England.

It's weak but an easy way to manage England and avoid most criticism. 

There's another thing about Jack and Southgate has mentioned it. Positional sense. Jack has a tendency to follow the game around the pitch which he's good enough to do but I don't think he will get the role for England .

For me he should play behind the striker for us, this would give him the freedom to roam. 

Yes it comes across like he is letting some competition winner experience a day in the life of a pro footballer.

Reality is that Jack has probably borne a greater burden of both expectation and responsibility for his club than any of those players in the England setup. Those at the bigger clubs have teammates to help carry the can if they aren't playing well whereas jack has had to be the man for Aston villa for the past three years and hasn't been afforded the luxury of taking his foot off the gas or being used rotationally for their club in order to earn a rest. None of them have had to dig deep enough to keep their club in the league and few have had to battle for promotion.

I think southgates problem is that he wants any success that England achieve to be a result of the England setup and tactical nous of its leadership. They want it to be a reflection of the huge sums of money they have invested in the training facilities and big wages of those at the top. NOT to be a result of some young renegade naturally phenomenal footballer who came through the Irish international system and who would have done it with or without their help 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yes it comes across like he is letting some competition winner experience a day in the life of a pro footballer.

Reality is that Jack has probably borne a greater burden of both expectation and responsibility for his club than any of those players in the England setup. Those at the bigger clubs have teammates to help carry the can if they aren't playing well whereas jack has had to be the man for Aston villa for the past three years and hasn't been afforded the luxury of taking his foot off the gas or being used rotationally for their club in order to earn a rest. None of them have had to dig deep enough to keep their club in the league and few have had to battle for promotion.

I think southgates problem is that he wants any success that England achieve to be a result of the England setup and tactical nous of its leadership. They want it to be a reflection of the huge sums of money they have invested in the training facilities and big wages of those at the top. NOT to be a result of some young renegade naturally phenomenal footballer who came through the Irish international system and who would have done it with or without their help

Nice of Southgate to take part in courting and chasing and convincing Jack to quit the Irish setup, and then doing this to him when he's finally good enough to play for the full team.

He's an arsehole of the highest order and I will celebrate the day he's sacked and crawls backwards into managerial obscurity. I'll enjoy never having to see his name in the same sentence or paragraph as Aston Villa ever again.

The tw@t.

11 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

That interview is pretty disappointing I must say. He's holding Jack to completely different standards to the rest of the squad.

Firstly it was being a Championship player - yet he calls up and starts Phillips before ever playing a PL fixture. Bear in mind Grealish had already played PL football, admittedly hadn't done much but took Liverpool apart in the FA Cup semi final.

Then when Villa were promoted he needed to improve his performances to get in the squad. So he did improve as the season went on, and still no call up came. Even when stats showed he was the most creative English player in the league, there was still no call up.

Then it was that Grealish didn't fit Southgate's system, because they wanted to play him somewhere where he wasn't playing regularly, else he would be behind Sterling, Sancho etc. Yet for whatever reason Trippier plays left wing back, the right-footed Dier plays as a left sided centre back, and Mount plays on the wing where Southgate admits he's never played before in professional football.

Then when Grealish is called up as a last resort, he doesn't even feature until 2 other wingers leave the squad. Even then, he still only gets 15 minutes where he can't really impact the game.

And when journalists ask him what he thought of his debut, he deflects the attention - twice - to focus on other players, before saying Jack was 'fine' and that it's "shown him the intensity". Honestly the only nice thing he said about Jack was that he's smiley. 

So it's one rule for Jack and one rule for the rest of the squad. The guy is entitled to his footballing opinion but he's so hypocritical it makes him look like a complete idiot - maybe he is.

Brilliant summary. This needs to be printed out and stapled to Gareth's massive nose. Or at the very least put to him by someone in the press so he can lie his way out of it again.

Happy birthday Grealish. Hope the press do good for once and force bignose to change his mind by constantly pushing for your inclusion.

• Like 1

'I was laughing' - Gabby Agbonlahor launches scathing Gareth Southgate attack

Gareth Southgate handed Jack Grealish his England debut this week - but it wasn't enough for this Aston Villa legend

Gabby Agbonlahor has launched a scathing attack on Gareth Southgate over his treatment of Jack Grealish.

The Aston Villa captain made his England debut in the drab 0-0 draw with Denmark – but only as a substitute as the Three Lions desperately looked for inspiration.

Grealish had one bright moment but ultimately what was a proud moment for him and his family – was a damp squib for his national team.

Agbonlahor feels the opportunity was overdue – and that even when it came it was in far from ideal circumstances.

Indeed the Claret and Blue legend even suggested England boss Southgate brought Grealish on to the field out of position to make the 25-year-old look bad.

Speaking to talkSPORT Agbonlahor, the club’s record Premier League goalscorer, did not hold back.

“For me I feel like there is a deeper issue we don’t know about with Jack Grealish and Gareth Southgate.

“I know they were together in the Under 21s, he was his manager there, I don’t know if something happened there so he has got a grudge against him. But it sounds about right."

“Any other manager who is the  manager of England would have said ‘You know what, half time at  least Jack is on’.

“There’s no creativity, no-one’s taking anybody on, you are crying out for a No. 10 who can get the ball and take somebody on.

“You give him 14 minutes in that 14 minutes he does more and creates more chances than Sancho and Kane put together – and Rice.

“So for me there’s something we need to know, Southgate needs to come out and say what his problem with Jack is.

“Obviously he is buzzing to get an England cap, he chose England over Ireland. It has been due, he will want to get more caps and more caps.

“He is in the squad and he is thinking like ‘He is not coming on – Mason Mount, get ready, you’re on first’. Just being stubborn

“When really he should be like seeing him play in training  and thinking ‘I will stop being stubborn here. I know I haven’t called you up to start with but I will start him’.

“You put Jack in there it is going to maybe take two players to be around him because one defensive midfielder is not enough, that will create space for Sterling, for Sancho.

“The problem against Denmark and Iceland was they didn’t have that threat so they could stay doubled up to Sterling, doubled up to Sancho.

“Jack is just that player England are crying out for. It’s not just Aston Villa fans crying for it, it’s the whole country, it’s something that needs to happen.

“When he came on where did he go? On the right side and he has never played there in his life. I am laughing watching the game thinking ‘Is Southgate trying to put him there on purpose so he doesn’t have a good game? So he doesn’t have to call him up?’

“He has played left hand side or centre for the whole of his career. Why would he put him on the right side. It’s not Brett Emerton at Blackburn, come on.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

🤣🤣 Reads as a rant but at least some of the points being made here are being expressed in the press. Needs to get national coverage from a better spokesperson really.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Fascinated by this oddly specific part of Gabby’s comments.

So was I. How did he remember this guy when probably everybody else in the world apart from his family has forgotten about him?

Â