Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He didn't impact the game as much as people hoped, I think it's fair to say. A lot of that is to do with the calibre of opposition we were up against - it's clear they had a plan to minimise his efficacy and they had the players to do it. 

Image result for sounds like orc mischief to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He didn't impact the game as much as people hoped, I think it's fair to say. A lot of that is to do with the calibre of opposition we were up against - it's clear they had a plan to minimise his efficacy and they had the players to do it. 

They also have the players to cope with the rest of our team if they over commit to take out Grealish.

Other teams do that and they leave gaps or 1vs1's that we can exploit. They don't leave those gaps and they leave Jack on his own again. etc etc

You don't get that against Man City. They double up on Grealish and they've still got a team of world class players to cope with the rest of our team.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Jack was quiet on Sunday, but even so he still played a huge role in the goal, he brought the ball out driving through midfield and then knocked the ball wide which was clipped forward. 

I think against Leicester we’ll see a really firing Jack and he’ll again show his class

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2020 at 15:37, rodders0223 said:

Jack is better looking and much funnier than Foden could ever be.

Foden certainly endeared himself to me after the way he gave Villa props in his post match interview. To put his obvious joy to one side and give us due credit, was, to me, a testament to this young man's character. 

And, may I had, what a player this kid is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Of course he did...He's got Anti Grealish specs that he appears to wear 24/7 these days. 

I’m not anti Grealish, I think he’s a very good player just not quite as good as everyone else does. He’s our best player hands down, he’s gone at the end of the season regardless of what division we’re in. We haven’t had anything close to success for a decade now so we’re bound to exaggerate the talents of our best player. We’re starved of success as fans I think but it’s nothing compared to them down the road

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Foden certainly endeared himself to me after the way he gave Villa props in his post match interview. To put his obvious joy to one side and give us due credit, was, to me, a testament to this young man's character. 

And, may I had, what a player this kid is. 

This kids going to be a star. I said in the city thread if he was at any other team he already would be a star already.  City can afford to ease him in.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m not anti Grealish, I think he’s a very good player just not quite as good as everyone else does. He’s our best player hands down, he’s gone at the end of the season regardless of what division we’re in. We haven’t had anything close to success for a decade now so we’re bound to exaggerate the talents of our best player. We’re starved of success as fans I think but it’s nothing compared to them down the road

I can respect that.

Jury is still out if he can perform at a bigger club with higher expectations.

At the time I thought Benteke would ace it, but he's been one big disappointment since leaving the Villa.

Edited by villalad21
Link to post
Share on other sites

Grealish is easily the best we ever seen. Well the best I ever seen. But does he move the needle enough for the amount he will cost the top teams? I don't think so. 

 

I think that's why he will stay here if we stay up.. but if we go down. He's gone. :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Foden certainly endeared himself to me after the way he gave Villa props in his post match interview. To put his obvious joy to one side and give us due credit, was, to me, a testament to this young man's character. 

And, may I had, what a player this kid is. 

He had to acknowledge the fact that he couldn't hear the interviewers questions over our fans.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's done. The physical and mental strain of dragging the club for over a year has taken its toll.

And it must be difficult to block the idea of playing for a top club when these shits are eventually relegated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I'm convinced he's injured, looked it last week and not himself tonight either. So sprints at all.

Been off since Southampton. Not entirely convinced he's injured as it is he's off form. He's only human after all, it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • blandy locked and unlocked this topic
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â