The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He’s a generational player

and the difference is he stands alone

at the age of 35 I can say villa had 2 decent spells with teams that I was fond of, the 90s teams with god, yorke, Taylor, savo, Atkinson, Bosnich etc and then the MON teams with Carew, Barry, Young, laursen, mellberg

whos jack got? Gabby? Hutton? 

He is the face of Aston Villa in a way that I can’t remember experiencing before, not even benteke, he was / is Aston Villa’s decade, so if you’re a kid or teenage of course he’s a legend, he’s more or less the only bright light you’ve ever know at this club

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I hate it when people say this.

Humans have not evolved new skills or mental abilities in the last 50 years.   If players from 40 years ago went through the same levels of training and conditioning as players do today they would be as good as players today. 

A player from 40 years ago who was light years ahead of anyone else who was playing then would be light years ahead of anyone playing today. 

You think you could plonk Ronaldo or Messi in their prime in a team from 2050 and they would look like nobodies? 

Mostly right but not exactly. 

The reason why a lot of greats are greats is due to their raw ability. That doesn't mean that they have the genetics to be able to cope with the fitness levels of modern world or have what it takes to be able to improve their technique to get to the top standard. Sure some will, but a lot will likely drop off a cliff.

It's probably likely that if you took all the nutrition and coaching back to 1970s it likely won't be the current greats who are light years ahead. But it will be a different group who can exploit modern ways to beat their raw ability.

Someone like jack Wilshire would be a great back then where he wouldn't get all these muscle injuries every other week but his genetics can't cope with the demands of the modern game.

Edited by Bugzy1991

It was a idiot decision to let Jack finish the game. He was the weakest player for most of the game, one thing was if he was crooked but influential in the match, but when he is injured and playing badly he should be strait off

You can't take off your best player and the only player have that can create something from nothing. Getting injured is a risk for any player at any time. It's a shame. Hopefully he's back in time for Chelsea. But can't fault Dean wanting to keep us a chance of winning a trophy

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

He was injured in the first half and more or less hobbled round the whole match. That's what that dross FK was about I think. He couldn't lift his legs, run or kick properly.

If needs be leave him out at Leicester. 

Newcastle away. That's the game. That's the game I think McGinn will be back, and that's the game we need Jack firing.

That's the game we're going down if we don't win.

---

Should add if he's done any real damage we're down any way. Do club definitely want Smith next season? If not they could sack him now and start the rework behind the scenes.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You can't take off your best player and the only player have that can create something from nothing. Getting injured is a risk for any player at any time. It's a shame. Hopefully he's back in time for Chelsea. But can't fault Dean wanting to keep us a chance of winning a trophy

He was our worst on the pitch. If a player can`t run, it doesn`t matter that he is usually the supreme player of the squad. There is no excuse for keeping him on, when you are a professional manager.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He was injured in the first half and more or less hobbled round the whole match. That's what that dross FK was about I think. He couldn't lift his legs, run or kick properly.

If needs be leave him out at Leicester. 

Newcastle away. That's the game. That's the game I think McGinn will be back, and that's the game we need Jack firing.

That's the game we're going down if we don't win.

Leicester have been garbage recently, I wouldn’t write that off especially if we play like we did today (big if)

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Leicester have been garbage recently, I wouldn’t write that off especially if we play like we did today (big if)

I agree it's a great chance for three points.

They'll also look at it as the game they get back on track.

Without Jack they'll beat us by at least 2.

If he's injured as everyone says (only saw very fleeting glimpses of the match) then the club should be hiring extra physios, so they can rotate giving him rub downs, hire one of those cryotherpy chambers and have him in it when he's not getting a rub down. Letting him sleep and recover whenever he's not eating, getting a rub or in the chamber in order to aid his recovery as much as possible.  We know he is our best player and what he brings so training shouldn't be a neccessity.

We need him!!

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Yes he’s not going to win every match for us, especially when City have a team of players on his level. 

City can afford to look after just Jack because the quality is not really there anywhere else to hurt them. We were not afforded the same luxury against them unfortunately.

Â