The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Our definitions of stacked vary massively.

Maybe it's because it had the clip in there of when he was 19 so the difference stuck out.

tenor.gif?itemid=4273123

36 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So, just how close was Jack to leaving us at the start of last season? Does anyone know?!

I have a mate that is friends with Kevan, and he tells me Kevan suggested not very close at all (much as he did on his Twitter at the time). He definitely didn't want to leave as some of the rags were suggesting

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So, just how close was Jack to leaving us at the start of last season? Does anyone know?!

No doubt his sale was needed unless the club had successful new owners so ‘how close’ depended on how likely the sale of the club was. I assume Grealish had accepted his club fate lay with Xia’s attempt to source new investment. I’m not sure how close we were to not being sold last summer but that will give you your answer, if that’s even quantifiable.

11 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Well he said in a interview he thought he was leaving that summer. So pretty close I assume. 

I think he’ll have known staying depended on the sale of the club to an owner(s) who could afford to take the club forward. Until that was certain, Jack, his agent and family will have made preparations to protect his career. Very understandably.

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

I think he’ll have known staying depended on the sale of the club to an owner(s) who could afford to take the club forward. Until that was certain, Jack, his agent and family will have made preparations to protect his career. Very understandably.

Naturally. It was all very circumstantial. I just remember him mentioning it in a post match interview, after the plays off finals I think.  We're all glad he stayed. But if it weren't for the new owners it's certain he would have been gone. 

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Naturally. It was all very circumstantial. I just remember him mentioning it in a post match interview, after the plays off finals I think.  We're all glad he stayed. But if it weren't for the new owners it's certain he would have been gone. 

Very near certain. Given Jack and his family’s love of Villa, there was still a very small (5%?) chance of a change of heart. Players can’t be forced to be sold but I suspect Jack was ready to console himself knowing that his sale value would help save the status of Villa (and CL football with a massive contract of course!).

Despite his improving maturity, Jack does seem to display his emotions, so from his ‘perfectly happy to be here’ behaviour last August, I think he was glad to have been able to stay, albeit with the desperate hope of promotion within one more season. I bet he’s chuffed to bits now!

He gave an interview on the pitch after the playoff final on sky where he said at one point he thought he wouldn’t be here, can’t remember if he said it was before or after the opening game at Hull - so I think he was very close to leaving and if we’d given a green light to it he’d be a Spurs player now.....it seems we pulled the plug late on which I’d guess was a gamble as the sale would have probably secured us against FFP penalties for a year or so but would have crippled our chances of doing well.

Fortunately for us all (spurs aside), the gamble paid off.

I think Jack seems to like Jota, Anyone else notice how jack was sporting a hair band type thing against minmosota, pretty much identical to how jota wears his?, meaning their hair kinda sits / flops in the same way?

Not complaining though I think it makes him look better......more....continental :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has come back in fantastic shape. He looked primed and ready last night, as well as erotic. 

Let this be a lesson to all of those moaning about him having a drink on his holiday... Or not. 

He's got you walking around with a permanent pitched tent, hasn't he?

If a bloke can't get loose a few times a year to wind down from the demands and routine of any profession without being judged for it..

Well, some people need to buy a bag of cement and harden the f*** up, cause it'll happen anyway and your negativity isn't exactly insightful.

Next, buy a bag of feathers and lighten the f*** up, if a headline has you outraged over someone of age having a night out, the night out is the lesser of the two evils..

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He gave an interview on the pitch after the playoff final on sky where he said at one point he thought he wouldn’t be here, can’t remember if he said it was before or after the opening game at Hull - so I think he was very close to leaving and if we’d given a green light to it he’d be a Spurs player now.....it seems we pulled the plug late on which I’d guess was a gamble as the sale would have probably secured us against FFP penalties for a year or so but would have crippled our chances of doing well.

Fortunately for us all (spurs aside), the gamble paid off.

When he was subbed late against Hull he looked like he was crying. I think Bruce was giving him a farewell to the fans. If true it suggests that he was aware that the game against Hull was his last. Thankfully the new owners came in at the right time because more or less everything good that’s gone on in the last 12 months has came through him in one way or the other. No matter what happens I’ll still have all the love in the world for him. He’s embedded himself in Villa folklore as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has come back in fantastic shape. He looked primed and ready last night, as well as erotic. 

Let this be a lesson to all of those moaning about him having a drink on his holiday... Or not. 

Behave!

• Like 1

Â