Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Time Travel shows that have finished/been canceled month for me. No idea how/Why i hadn't seen Travelers before but watched all 3 seasons in a week. Rather like Continuum there is not really much actual time travel in it i guess as it all takes place now but it's enjoyable enough and does actually have a proper end (there are only 3 seasons & will be no more) & despite many people seemingly not really liking the ending i think it actually sorts things out pretty nicely. Oh & Mackenzie Porter is quite possibly the perfect woman.

After that i started 12 monkeys, again another show i'm not really sure why i hadn't watched before but already nearing the end of season 2. It jumps about between times a bit too often which makes some of the episodes a bit messy and i'm not really sure how they are going to get another 2 seasons out of it given that the whole premise of "go back to stop world ending event, achieve this but it it leads to a different world ending event" is already 2 loops in but we'll see i guess

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Gave "Orphan Black" 5 episodes and I'm meh.

Moved on to "Ozark" season one, this is better stuff.

Yeah, Ozark is good. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m watching Gotham season 4 at the moment. It’s pretty crap but it’s took me years to get this far so I may as well carry on. 

The sunk costs fallacy might apply here 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is Ozark s2 worth watching, I loved the first season but have just had no impetus to watch s2 so far, not even sure why.

It's more of the same, definitely worth a watch if you liked the first season. I'd say it improves in the second, but there's not much in it, I love both seasons, and the third will be something I binge as soon as it's released. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I’ll let Vince sum up my emotional journey so far regarding this 

When it was announced, I was like;  

laBd8XU.gif

When they dropped that first teaser I was like;  

W1g9kN8.gif

This new trailer has me like;

OSSq5Pc.gif

I’ve gone from mildly excited, with a healthy dollop of scepticism to - Holy Forking Shirtballs, I need to see it right now! 

It looks brilliant. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Started Elementary season 7. 

Like a comfortable blanket. 

Started the first series recently.

I think its excellent, I prefer the JLM take on Sherlock to the Cucumberpatch version.

• Like 2

Starting Blacklist season 6. 

Like Elementary, its good without ever being great, but its a good watch and Spader is always excellent. 

• Like 1

At risk of 'doing a Stevo', over the last few months the girlfriend and I have become addicted to Terrace House on Netflix.

It's bizarrely compelling viewing. The shorthand for what it is basically Japanese Big Brother, but it's not really anything like that. It's a reality show were 3 men and 3 women live in a shared house, and go about their lives. They're not locked in to the house and there's no voting people out or the like and there's no prize to be won, the people on the show carry on working, go out as any normal person would, and they decide when they want to leave and they get replaced. Ostensibly the people in the show are looking for relationships but they also are usually looking to experience something different while they're still young or, occasionally, they're there to surreptitiously promote something - the first series had a woman who supposedly was looking for love but realistically spent the entire time working on her hat business and constantly was shown wearing her merchandise and working on the business. The other part of the show is a studio team of Japanese celebrities commenting on what just happened and mostly taking the piss but also discussing the rights and wrongs of the ups and downs of the housemates interactions.

I can't quite articulate why it's interesting, but there is undoubtedly something interesting about watching these people fumble through relationships and their lives. It's kinda derided by some as a show were nothing happens, but that isn't really the case. It's just very... Japanese. Everything is very polite, where there is drama it's not a row it's more very mannered people explaining why they think someone else is a clearing in the woods. It's quite good.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2019 at 16:34, villa4europe said:

Take it you’ve seen dark @LakotaDakota 

nope, Will add it to the giant list of things to try and watch and games to try and play before i die. Think the current list would take me until i am approximately 173 years old if i did nothing else for 24 hours per day, 7 days per week but i'm doing my best to get through it

Â