Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished the TV series version of Hanna.

It doesn't really add anything from the movie but it's well acted and pretty entertaining.

If you've seen the movie you know pretty much how the story will play out but it was good enough to keep me watching at least.

Anyone watched our planet yet? Will start it tonight, kind of know what to expect - a visual sales pitch for a 4k TV with Netflix giving them the canvas to step past the beebs non bias stuff and go full eco warrior, can't see that stopping my enjoyment of it but it'll be interesting to see if it's starting to feel tired or retains planet earth magic 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone watched our planet yet? Will start it tonight, kind of know what to expect - a visual sales pitch for a 4k TV with Netflix giving them the canvas to step past the beebs non bias stuff and go full eco warrior, can't see that stopping my enjoyment of it but it'll be interesting to see if it's starting to feel tired or retains planet earth magic 

It's narrated by Attenborough which I wasn't expecting. Only watched the first 2 so far but it's pretty standard nature doc fayre. Visually still stunning - kind of feels like the footage is BBC cast offs if I'm honest, without wanting to be nasty or anything. Like bits that focus on recent BBC animals/places and that sort of thing. I'd say it's more restrained than the recent BBC output on the 'eco-warrior' type stuff if anything.

Good though. Dave could talk to me about animals and that forever and I'd be happy.

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There isn't much new stuff here that you haven't seen in Planet Earth 1 and 2 and Blue Planet but the production levels are still very high for me. Some of the shots are unreal on a 4k TV.

personally it doesn't feel like BBC castoffs to me, I'm really enjoying it. 

• Like 1

Our Planet is brilliant because nature itself is the greatest show on Earth.

The fact that Sir Dave is on Motson duty is an extra bonus. 

If you like Planet Earth and Blue Planet you're most likely going to enjoy it very much , even if some scenes appear familiar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Line of Duty Series 5 off to a stormer as usual

I started Season 1 on Sunday, finished it last night, it's not bad at all!

It's one of the few shows that ticks the boxes for both me and the other half, I've got a massive backlog of brilliant shows I need to finish that she's not interested in (Band of Brothers, Handmaid's tale...". I need to kick her out for a weekend.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Also Season 2 of The Handmaids Tale is finally on Sky Box Sets so making my way through that. Brilliant show.

So dark.  I'm a fan of dark dramas and the like, but found The Handmaids Tale such a hard watch.

• Like 1

I quite like the handmaids tale, it's a harrowing watch.

Be interesting to see where they take it in S3. There is apparently a sequel to the book coming but no idea if they get to use the story or will have to create their own.

The original book is only 300 something pages so 3 seasons is a lot to spin from it.

Spoiler

I do have issues with the ending to S2, but hopefully they get make sense of it in S3

• Like 1

I was told the book only tells the story of Season 1 so we're already into a whole new story in Season 2? That might be wrong though, i've not read the book.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I started Season 1 on Sunday, finished it last night, it's not bad at all!

Yeah I think it's one of the best British shows of that type I've ever seen.

Series 4 wasn't as good as the first 3 but it was still brilliant.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

😂 why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much? I remember you moaning about it last year

How else would I have an opinion about it ? It's up there with Peaky Blinders when it comes to hype. This season's plot seems even more absurd than last season's. Incidentally, I remember you raving about it last year, but hey, knock yourself out. 

Â