Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never got round to watching it, do you reckon if I started with tonight's episode it'll make much sense?

No. Watch it from the start as they tend to have an over lapping plot.

The 1st series is probably the best too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never got round to watching it, do you reckon if I started with tonight's episode it'll make much sense?

Mate, watch from the start. It's really worth it. Great storytelling.

On 31/03/2019 at 19:17, Nigel said:

No. Watch it from the start as they tend to have an over lapping plot.

The 1st series is probably the best too!

No. 

I mean it probably would make sense as each series is a new story.

But there's a lot of stuff going on that you won't get the references too.

Oh and also it's an utterly fantastic show, so missing the first few seasons is a travesty.

• Like 1

Yep, thought the first episode was good fun, though saw the twist coming as i) it was far too unsubtle at hinting at what it was hinting at, ii) it's mercurio, it's what he likes to do.

In my binge rewatch in the weeks before this, I forgot how good some of the early stuff is, though I think season 4 was a level below the first 3, albeit still good fun.

Santa Clarita Diet Season 3

Really enjoying this season so far, up to episode 5. Joel has to be one of my all time favourite characters from anything. One of the most consistently funny shows I’ve seen and still fairly underrated imo. Love it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Santa Clarita Diet Season 3

Really enjoying this season so far, up to episode 5. Joel has to be one of my all time favourite characters from anything. One of the most consistently funny shows I’ve seen and still fairly underrated imo. Love it.

I am only one episode in, I echo what you say though love it. Great cast and I love how they discuss mundane things when killing people, very funny.

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Yep, thought the first episode was good fun, though saw the twist coming as i) it was far too unsubtle at hinting at what it was hinting at, ii) it's mercurio, it's what he likes to do.

Yeah same. Although I think it's because like you suggest, we expect the twists now so it makes it easier to spot.

Love that Stephen Graham is in this series. Can only make it better.

I still think the acting from the main cast is quite ropey in Line of Duty. But it doesn't seem to matter, it's still a brilliant show.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah same. Although I think it's because like you suggest, we expect the twists now so it makes it easier to spot.

I still think the acting from the main cast is quite ropey in Line of Duty. But it doesn't seem to matter, it's still a brilliant show.

Stephen Graham was really good in the episode, particular in some of his unspoken scenes. As for the main cast, I always remain astonished, Martin Compston is Scottish. I mean, I know he's an actor, but I just assumed he was a londoner.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep as recommended I've started right from the first series, I've only seen a few episodes and the acting has been a bit wooden so far except for the guy from Snatch.  I'll definitely stick with it though.

The wife has just watched GlowUp - Britain's Next Makeup Star. I feel like I've been asleep and woken up in some bizarre Blade Runner style future. Or a Gervais pisstake. Is this really what passes for a TV show? 

• Like 1

Managed to binge watch Das Boot ( series on sky Atlantic not the film) over the past few days 

i enjoyed it and not just for the token lesbian storyline , be interesting to see what they do with season 2

being depth charged is high on my list of things I never want to experience 

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Managed to binge watch Das Boot ( series on sky Atlantic not the film) over the past few days 

i enjoyed it and not just for the token lesbian storyline , be interesting to see what they do with season 2

being depth charged is high on my list of things I never want to experience 

I'm wary. I'm a big fan of the original series, but a friend whose judgement I trust tells me that this one - although it has good action scenes - is pretty inferior. I'd want to watch the old one first, and I don't know when I'd find the time (given that the missus won't want to watch it). 

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm wary. I'm a big fan of the original series, but a friend whose judgement I trust tells me that this one - although it has good action scenes - is pretty inferior. I'd want to watch the old one first, and I don't know when I'd find the time (given that the missus won't want to watch it). 

For shame I’ve not seen the original (I really ought to ) but it’s based more on events after the original film , sorta two stories , one on the sub and one on land with a French resistance storyline ... I’d recorded it months ago and could never really get motivated to push play ... once I did then I did the whole thing in 2 nights 

Enjoyed Deutschland 86. Not as good as the first session but hope we don’t have to wait as long for the next series. You’d imagine there’s only one more series left in it now though 

Â