Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is The Terror airing on any of the main platforms? (Netflix, Prime, Now TV?)

AMC via BT in a couple of weeks I think?

I really want to watch it, I'm hoping Prime pick it up at some point. 

Either that or Kodi, but I'm loathe to do that when I pay so much for legit services! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

250px-The-Terror-TV.png

I'm on episode 7 of this now, its been absolutely brilliant, I don't watch too much telly so its good to find something that I am enjoying as much as this.

The book was fantastic, I read it about 10 years ago and quite a lot of it has stuck with me, the series is extremely faithful to the book from what I can remember.

I definitely recommend it, I don't know anyone else who's watching it so I don't have anyone to talk to about it at the minute.

Aye, finished it yesterday. Quite an ordeal just watching it and looking up the Franklin expedition.

At times it reminded me of Hieronymus Bosch, like a delirious vision of hell.

Guess it's not that hard to see why with the modern history of Germany and Berlin, but there are quite a few shows atm with alternative realities, timelines and such things taking place in Germany, Berlin or places reminiscent of Berlin. Or at least having Germany play a big part

Man In the High Castle, Counterpart, Dark...

And now The City & The City that takes place in a fictional city state called Beszelthat at least reminds me lot of Berlin (although it was apparently filmed in Pool and Manchester)

Finished 7 seconds, game of 2 halves, as a crime drama didnt do much for me, the courtroom stuff was good though, think far too many of the characters were cliched and poorly written (although i did like the blonde lawyer who was probably as cliched as they come) not sure what the he must be a good kid angle actually did

On 12/04/2018 at 10:15, sne said:

2 ep's into S2 of Legion.

Honestly a bit bored.

It's still trippy as fark but so far it's miles from S1.

I've just watched Ep1 of the new series and thought it was brilliant. 

Absolutely nuts too. I love it. 

Spoiler

The dance-off :crylaugh:

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah that's quality.

Made me listen to NIN.

Made me realise how much quality music I have missed out on. True story - the first rap album that my dad gave me was Niggaz4Life, when I was 12! Although for about 10 years I thought it was called Efil4Zaggin and did not realise what it was spelt backwards. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have just chuckled my way through Sky's Urban Myths - Public Enemy (with Kev Wells) based on the account when an ordinary guy ended up driving Public Enemy to their gig in his Ford focus. 

very amusing! 

I watched it, and fairly enjoyed it, but couldn't get away with Johnson from Peep Show, as Chuck D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The trailer of the terror looks lame to me, I must be in a small minority

Black lightening is really good  

That's a bit like saying the new Mastodon album sounds a bit lame, but I really like the the stuff Black Eyed Peas are doing :D

Chances are if you like one, you're not going to like the other.

Then again I'm sure there are those who like both.

My new house won't have TV or internet until next Friday when Virgin turn up,(apparantly we're the first house on the street to have Virgin. But I don't know whether I believe that), so the missus has agreed to watch The Sopranos with me. I've never seen it before, so I went to CeX yesterday and picked up the whole box-set for £20!

• Like 2

Â