Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

My new house won't have TV or internet until next Friday when Virgin turn up,(apparantly we're the first house on the street to have Virgin. But I don't know whether I believe that), so the missus has agreed to watch The Sopranos with me. I've never seen it before, so I went to CeX yesterday and picked up the whole box-set for £20!

Enjoy! You should like it, although I haven’t watched it in ages.

I can remember being incredibly irritated by Tony’s mum, I get the impression she is a love or hate kind of character.

20 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The Dark on Netflix. I’ve only seen one episode so far but good start. 

It's really good.

Make sure you're paying attention though. It's confusing as ****!

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

My new house won't have TV or internet until next Friday when Virgin turn up,(apparantly we're the first house on the street to have Virgin. But I don't know whether I believe that), so the missus has agreed to watch The Sopranos with me. I've never seen it before, so I went to CeX yesterday and picked up the whole box-set for £20!

I'm so jealous.

Amazing show. One of the all time greats.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The show that inventing 'binge watching.'

It's brilliant TV.

• Like 1

Time to piss on some chips...

I thought The Sopranos was 'ok'. Never grabbed me by my bollards... say, like The Wire, or Banshee, or 24, or The Shied did. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The Expanse season 3 is finally out so that is keeping my attention :)

Me too although it seems to have been bloody ages since S2 finished so spent most of the first episode trying to remember who everyone was, what they were doing & why they were doing it.

Also watched Lost in Space. It was OK but seemed very long and drawn out, One of the few shows that actually takes advantage of the non standard 44 minute runtime with many of the 10 episodes coming in at just over an hour long which actually seems about 20 minutes too long for most of them, They could have easily cut a good hour or two from the season. They must be the (un)luckiest people in the world, Crash on a random planet, there for a couple of weeks and each and every one of them manages to find a completely different stupid way to almost die every single day.

Have also tried a couple of the new shows, The Crossing on Amazon & Siren. The crossing isn't too bad so far although I generally give anything with some sort of time travel angle a chance but is full of stupid people doing stupid things.

Siren is complete trash with mermaids and even stupider people doing even stupider things but i quite like it for some reason.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought The Sopranos was 'ok'. Never grabbed me by my bollards... say, like The Wire, or Banshee, or 24, or The Shied did. 

I liked it, but strangely I can’t remember much about it. It’s definitely behind Breaking Bad for me. 

Not a spoiler, but I’ll put it as one anyway (re the sopranos).

Spoiler

Whenever I think of the sopranos, the episode that always sticks out is the Pine Barrens one. Initially I thought that was just a personal favourite of mine but a little research suggests that it’s a widely considered one of the best episodes so I guess i’m more populist when it comes to this show :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I liked it, but strangely I can’t remember much about it. It’s definitely behind Breaking Bad for me. 

Hide contents

Whenever I think of the sopranos, the episode that always sticks out is the Pine Barrens one. Initially I thought that was just a personal favourite of mine but a little research suggests that it’s a widely considered one of the best episodes so I guess i’m more populist when it comes to this show :)

When I watched it, I'd gotten the DVDs off a mate of mine who recommended it.

When I watched that episode, I text him and said something like "I knew this was good, but I've just watched an episode that has mademe think it's amazing"

And he immediately replied with

Spoiler

"Was it Pine Barrens?"

So yeah, I think that's a common tipping point where people realise how good that show is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is The Shield worth revisiting?

I watched one episode of it and thought it was utterly shit.

I thought The Shield was good.

I can't remember what the first episode was like - it may well have been shit. Things certainly got better as the show developed.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Hide contents

I cant remember where i heard or saw the sopranos hype but i thought yeah its on tonight ill give it a go, it was that episode...madness, ive seen it win polls of best tv episode ever

Channel 4 really f*cked up with their showing of it originally, didnt appreciate what they had, the final series was on at a silly time with hardly any promotion 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I tried it and just didn't like the 4:3 aspect ratio and the horrible graining/artefacts. Might have a look at it when the remastered 4k blu-ray is out if they have made it look less shit & grainy but like many US TV shows of that era the directors designed them be shown 4:3 rather than widescreen and they have a great big stick up their ass about changing their vision.

Buffy is another one that falls into this and despite some tv channels now showing them in HD of sorts they are pretty ropey looking in places, have major issues with lighting, zoom & cropping (crew/props are visible at the sides of some shots as they were never intended to be shown widescreen) Joss Whedon has always refused to change anything for a potential blu-ray remaster, Will be interesting to see what Shawn Ryan has agreed to with The Shield but it has taken them over 3 years so far and still no end product.

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Me too although it seems to have been bloody ages since S2 finished so spent most of the first episode trying to remember who everyone was, what they were doing & why they were doing it.

Also watched Lost in Space. It was OK but seemed very long and drawn out, One of the few shows that actually takes advantage of the non standard 44 minute runtime with many of the 10 episodes coming in at just over an hour long which actually seems about 20 minutes too long for most of them, They could have easily cut a good hour or two from the season. They must be the (un)luckiest people in the world, Crash on a random planet, there for a couple of weeks and each and every one of them manages to find a completely different stupid way to almost die every single day.

Have also tried a couple of the new shows, The Crossing on Amazon & Siren. The crossing isn't too bad so far although I generally give anything with some sort of time travel angle a chance but is full of stupid people doing stupid things.

Siren is complete trash with mermaids and even stupider people doing even stupider things but i quite like it for some reason.

I actually rewatched all of s01 & s02 ahead of it. Fantastic show imo. Very few sci fi productions with so much attention to actual physics with a solid political plot and fantastic visuals. Hope they continue it for long.

I thought the new Lost in Space seems kind of boring tbh. Haven't really grabbed my interests after three episodes. Might continue watching though.

The Crossing sounds rather interesting, time travel can either be utter shite or actually clever so a bit of a 50/50 to me. Good rec.

If you haven't seen it yet you might enjoy Altered Carbon. It's beautifully produced, has some dark humor and a very pleasing dreamlike noir feel to it. It's on Netflix, give it a go mate.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mos' Def.

Superb show, full of twists and shocks, and a really good ending.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Takes a few episodes to get going but I thought it was fantastic

Been a while since I watched it but during the 7 seasons I actually think it got better series by series. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 18:15, Xela said:

:P

F3G8ymQkOkbII.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â