Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's crap or anything. I AM interested, it is shocking and I can tell it's going to be a good doc.
I was commenting more on the Making a Murderer comparison. That had me totally glued from episode 1. This hasn't really done that yet. Halfway through the second episode I was kind of thinking "I get it, these girls were being abused, we can move on now"

It still seems to be a very good show

As daft as it sounds MaM benefits from the rape case right at the start, it's gets off to a running jump and then takes it from there, I was hooked the minute they arrested him for rape based on the artists impression, they don't have to build up to the murder the interest is there straight away, watched 20 minutes of the keepers last night and decided I wasn't in the mood

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's crap or anything. I AM interested, it is shocking and I can tell it's going to be a good doc.
I was commenting more on the Making a Murderer comparison. That had me totally glued from episode 1. This hasn't really done that yet. Halfway through the second episode I was kind of thinking "I get it, these girls were being abused, we can move on now"

It still seems to be a very good show

As daft as it sounds MaM benefits from the rape case right at the start, it's gets off to a running jump and then takes it from there, I was hooked the minute they arrested him for rape based on the artists impression, they don't have to build up to the murder the interest is there straight away, watched 20 minutes of the keepers last night and decided I wasn't in the mood

This weeks Better Call Saul

Spoiler

Bravo Jimmy, that was quite a performance, cold though! Think we'll be seeing Saul Goodman full time soon.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

This weeks Better Call Saul

Reveal hidden contents

Bravo Jimmy, that was quite a performance, cold though! Think we'll be seeing Saul Goodman full time soon.

So tempted to click 'reveal' but I'm watching it tomorrow so need to resist.

This week's Better Call Saul...

Hats off to Rhea Seehorn. Always thought she was a great actress but she totally knocked it out the park this week. Absolutely incredible performance.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

Four episodes into The Keepers now and I'm still not really that into it.

It's shocking stuff, but I'm not really finding it very interesting. I keep wanting it to come back to the murder but it never does, maybe that's the problem.

Spoilers up to episode 4:

Spoiler

It's just story after story of girls getting abused. which like I said is shocking and horrible, but it's not particularly interesting.

There's a hint of a coverup, but it all seems to be coming from this "Deep Throat" character. If that turns out to be true then it will be very interesting, but I get the feeling it won't. I actually believed the State Attorney when they interviewed her.

And I still don't believe Jane Doe. I have no doubt she was abused, but there is something about the way she tells her stories that makes me think a lot of it is bullshit. Again, I feel really bad for that, but I can't help it. The way she "broke down" in tears after reading one of her memories just seemed completely forced and totally unbelievable

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Four episodes into The Keepers now and I'm still not really that into it.

It's shocking stuff, but I'm not really finding it very interesting. I keep wanting it to come back to the murder but it never does, maybe that's the problem.

Spoilers up to episode 4:

Reveal hidden contents

It's just story after story of girls getting abused. which like I said is shocking and horrible, but it's not particularly interesting.

There's a hint of a coverup, but it all seems to be coming from this "Deep Throat" character. If that turns out to be true then it will be very interesting, but I get the feeling it won't. I actually believed the State Attorney when they interviewed her.

And I still don't believe Jane Doe. I have no doubt she was abused, but there is something about the way she tells her stories that makes me think a lot of it is bullshit. Again, I feel really bad for that, but I can't help it. The way she "broke down" in tears after reading one of her memories just seemed completely forced and totally unbelievable

It bored me as well, just not that good unfortunately.

It's a bit repetitive so far isn't it? I'm on episode 4 as well and more than anything, it's been a very harrowing watch. It's pretty much been lots of very detailed accounts of the abuse with the murder mystery pushed to the side somewhat. I feel very guilty about waiting for it to 'kick off' and wanting to be entertained/gripped/whatever after what those women have been through. It's beyond words how despicable some people can be. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Twin peaks ...the return ......4 episodes in and im not sure if genius or utter shite 

Same as the original then?!

That's why it's revered in the way that it is. Part hilarious, part terrifying, part infuriating and served with a large dose of what the actual f**k.

If it was just 'good' all the way through, it wouldn't be Twin Peaks and it wouldn't be David Lynch. 

Can't wait to watch it. 

Half-way through season 1 of Designated Survivor. I know it's bobbins (the dialogue is corny as hell, the storylines are completely unbelievable, the amount of plot "twists" is comical and the number of concurrent story threads is daft in the extreme) but I just can't stop watching it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JB said:

It's a bit repetitive so far isn't it? I'm on episode 4 as well and more than anything, it's been a very harrowing watch. It's pretty much been lots of very detailed accounts of the abuse with the murder mystery pushed to the side somewhat. I feel very guilty about waiting for it to 'kick off' and wanting to be entertained/gripped/whatever after what those women have been through. It's beyond words how despicable some people can be. 

Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Same as the original then?!

That's why it's revered in the way that it is. Part hilarious, part terrifying, part infuriating and served with a large dose of what the actual f**k.

If it was just 'good' all the way through, it wouldn't be Twin Peaks and it wouldn't be David Lynch. 

Can't wait to watch it. 

For me it's typical Lynch so far. A real mix of sublime and ridiculous. 

On 2017-5-23 at 09:34, Stevo985 said:

I thought "The Trial" on Channel 4 would be really good, but it's really not doing it for me.

It's as realistic as it can be but I don't think I can get over the fact that it's all set up. It just makes any twists and turns a bit meh.

Impressed by how they've done it all though.

I am not really sure what Channel 4 wanted to achieve with this, I doubt that this would come to trial in real life with the amount of evidence we have seen (or lack of really). 

It will be interesting to watch tonight though as their are 3 woman who have him down as guilty because one was beaten by an ex boyfriend, one worked with a woman who was killed by her husband and one who had decided he was guilty before it even started and one chap who thinks there isnt enough evidence because he was in the army and his wife dumped him during a tour. I suppose that if nothing else it shows that pre-trial screening of jurors may be a good idea.

So, The Trail then. It ended with what they call a 'hung jury'. I had never heard of this before, I must admit. Not coming to a majority decision isn't great, I get that, but hanging the whole jury for it? Bit OTT if you ask me. They all seemed to take it quite well though. If it was me I'd turn the gaff over.

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

T.J. Miller isn't going to be in season 4 of Silicone Valley. No more Erlich. :( 

:( he's the best bit. Him abusing Jian Yang over the past couple of seasons has had me in stitches!

• Like 2

Just now, Nath182 said:

:( he's the best bit. Him abusing Jian Yang over the past couple of seasons has had me in stitches!

It's a great show, and I'm sure it'll still be good, but it will lose a little something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

I don't know, I really enjoy the guilfoyle and danesh wrangling.

the episode where guilfoyle convinced danesh his girlfriend wanted to sleep with him was fantastic! (Even better, they had a couple of subtle nods to that in later episodes).

do agree though, Erlich as a character is tremendous 

• Like 1

Going on an 11 hour flight to Mexico soon - can anyone recommend a good show that I can binge on for that long without getting tired? 

Ideally a crime/detective/drama kind of show. I've seen GoT, Sense8, Sherlock, Line of Duty, Broadchurch and most of the shows from a year back or so. Anything new I should consider?

Â