Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Currently catching up on Little Boy Blue. 2 episodes in.

UK dramas really seem to have stepped up over the past couple of years.

Hearing good things about "Three Girls" too. That'll be next.

I'm also making my way through 13 Reasons Why. Seems a bit odd, not really grabbed me yet. Think I'm 4 episodes into that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Currently catching up on Little Boy Blue. 2 episodes in.

UK dramas really seem to have stepped up over the past couple of years.

Hearing good things about "Three Girls" too. That'll be next.

Watched these myself, both decent. Did you see Born to Kill? Finished on Channel 4 last week, only 4 episodes. If you did not, you simply must see it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm also making my way through 13 Reasons Why. Seems a bit odd, not really grabbed me yet. Think I'm 4 episodes into that.

My wife loves that and she tried to get me watching it but I was getting annoyed during the first episode, the same way I get if I can't find the remote when Hollyoaks comes on.

It's supposed to be a cool story and get a little darker as it goes on but I felt like I watching The OC. I need more patience with some TV shows but I struggle if it doesn't immediately grip me.

On 2017-5-16 at 10:24, Rodders said:

finally caught up with Line of Duty. 

Summary - season 3 =- F**king hell. That was good tv, the peak so far, but season 4 was also really good. Though if Adrian Dunbar's character ever ends up being some ultimate big bad, that'll be shark jumping territory for me. 

Just finished Line of Duty S3.  it was awesome. 

definitely the best British series ive seen in the last 10 years.

• Like 2

So Better Call Saul season 2 ending

Spoiler

The "DONT" put on Mikes Car, seems abit Breaking Bad to me when the cousins were going to take out Walter White when Gus said not to. Wondering if this is Gus?

Am now interested in season 3 will have to start this weekend!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So Better Call Saul season 2 ending

Reveal hidden contents

The "DONT" put on Mikes Car, seems abit Breaking Bad to me when the cousins were going to take out Walter White when Gus said not to. Wondering if this is Gus?

Am now interested in season 3 will have to start this weekend!

Spoiler

Check the first letter of each of the episode names in S2

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Watched these myself, both decent. Did you see Born to Kill? Finished on Channel 4 last week, only 4 episodes. If you did not, you simply must see it.

Best UK drama I've seen in ages.

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Hide contents

Check the first letter of each of the episode names in S2

Spoiler

Took me a while to get this but wow. Superb. Some really intelligent people out there who got this 

3 hours ago, hogso said:

I haven't but it sounds right up my street so I'll add it to the list.

I've already posted about it earlier in the thread (prior to the final episode at the time, I think) but it's certainly worth saying again, even if the blurb was enough to make you want to watch it - the performance by Jack Rowan as Sam in the lead role is utterly fantastic. He appears to have very few acting credits at the moment, but I would hope he continues his acting career.

Wasn't really sure to put this and couldn't see it posted elsewhere. 

Tom Holland (The new Spider-Man if you didn't know) appearing on lip sync battle. 

I never thought they would top The Rock doing 'Shake it off', but this is on another level. 

The guy's got the MOVES 

• Like 2

just finished master of none, what a bloody great show.

The casting is spot on and it just feels real, Aziz really is great as the lead role and his Italian "friend" really is stunning. I'm assuming there's going to be a series 3 but it's quite depressing that it's easily a year away.

• Like 4

I just started Master of None two days ago. Binged my way through all of it and just finished the second series. Fantastic. 

Yeah I'm getting through season 2 of Master of None.

It's excellent. The First Dates episode was very clever, and Arnold in Italy was hilarious. 

Edited by Stevo985

it jumps around and does a fair few bits of different stuff, i loved the dating agency episode, the thanksgiving episode is even better, my only slight moan about the whole series 

Spoiler

do friendzone relationships like that really exist? never experienced it myself, seemed a bit too convenient for the story

Piling my way through The Keepers on Netflix (on episode 5/7 already). It's totally compelling, another complete miscarriage of justice in the US. This year's Making A Murderer, but better imo. 

waiting on the next season for my (current) favourite sci fi shows: The Expanse and Black Mirror.

Any other great sci fi series that are more "hard sci fi" (not necessary, but preferrable) anyone can recommend because I'm all ears.

54 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

waiting on the next season for my (current) favourite sci fi shows: The Expanse and Black Mirror.

Any other great sci fi series that are more "hard sci fi" (not necessary, but preferrable) anyone can recommend because I'm all ears.

Not really hard sci fi and not in the same league as the expanse but the 2 syfy shows that they run back to back on Fridays Killjoys & Dark Matter are entertaining enough if a bit cliched & cheesy at times.

Both are due to start season 3 next month

Killjoys is 10 eps per season & Dark matter 13 so easy enough to catch up on both in a week or so

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Â