Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I liked the way the talking fairy lights foreshadowed the classic eighties Christmas at the end. Underrated characters Nancy's Dad and kid sister, who were both funny without having much to say, and the Science Teacher.

The kid sister is terrific. Well, I say terrific, she's probably just a 3 year old being exactly that, but some of her concerned/on the verge of tears/laughter faces she pulls are magic.

I'm on episode 4, and I'm enjoying it. I always wondered what a mash up between ET, Goonies, Fire in the Sky, Close Encounters, The Body/Stand By Me, Firestarter, IT, and Elfen Lied would be like, and now I know.

I hope season 2 is a sequel with an expanded influence, as I've always wondered what a mash up between The Stand, X Files, Quantum Leap, Flight of the Navigator, The Faculty, Stargate, A Canticle for Leibowitz and Neon Genesis Evangelion would be like.

According to IMDb all of her stuff was ad libbed, if you can call giving a 3 year old a lack of direction 'ad libbing'.  They basically plonked her there and let her do whatever.  Including the lines that she did actually speak :)

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I keep rewatching Rick and Morty.

Rarely is a cartoon so consistantly funny and clever throughout an episode. I've never laughed out loud as much as I do when I watch R+M, even now after multiple viewings.

At first it's completely bonkers and you're not quite sure if it's just barmy or brilliant.  Then you realise no this is actually brilliant :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I must be deaf to soundtracks in general.  The only song I can recall right now from that show is Should I Stay Or Should I Go.

They definitely had toto Africa and joy division on it, think it was atmosphere 

• Like 2

Finished Stranger Things last night.

It does dip at the end, but it's one of the most enjoyable new original series I've seen in ages. It's a loving homage and wears that on it's sleeve, leaves threads to investigate in later series, has unusually decent child actors, suitably 'family friendly creepy' throughout... Great.

And that soundtrack. Absolutely bang on choice and use of music, although even that takes a dip at the end, the highlights are superb.

More please Netflix.

• Like 1

Finished Stranger Things

Have to say it was altogether brilliant

It was like all those films I remember from the 80's, but also like something I've never seen before.

Acting was very good and the style and details were spot on.

• Like 2

Last episode of Preacher = :):thumb::wub:

Sets up nicely for the second series with hopefully more of a road trip vibe similar to the comics, and a bigger involvement of The Grail.

Was struggling last night so watched that j-lo Ray Liotta shades of blue,moot a massive cop show fan, still not...

watched vice principals, I liked it, set itself up well,methinks it could do with being like ballers and coming in 2s, half hour episodes once a week dont really work for me

wqtched 2 episodes of the affair, really enjoyed it, not sure why it's taken me so long to start it, will be the series I now crack on with

after that I've got mr robot to push on through with, Gomorrah series 2, preacher, the night of, then I'm not sure whether to start Vikings or the Americans 

There was a massive letdown in the preacher finale for me

Spoiler

I was really expected the final scene to the "**** yourself" moment, I understand it couldn't happen because Eugene is still in hell, but I'm still bitter about it.

The calling God bit was great

"You're not God, I saw you picking your nose"

On 29 July 2016 at 08:58, Seat68 said:

Gave the first episode of Vice Principals a go, due to my love of Eastbound and Down, unsure, will persist for a few episodes but it didnt immediately grab me.

I was disappointed. It was just Eastbound and Down Lite for me. Kind of reminiscent of the latter seasons where they ran out of jokes and funny things to actually happen and just had the characters swear at each other a lot.  

55 minutes ago, JB said:

I was disappointed. It was just Eastbound and Down Lite for me. Kind of reminiscent of the latter seasons where they ran out of jokes and funny things to actually happen and just had the characters swear at each other a lot.  

agreed, 2 episodes and I dont think I will carry on.

Another big thumbs up for Stranger Things, I had been looking for something to watch and it delivered. 

I had tried to watch The Wire but after about 5 episodes I cant help but feel that anyone who has recommended knew it was epically shit and the final shot of the final season must be to spread that its good as one big joke. 

Now watching "The Five" and while it has a good premise it is all so coincidental and poorly written, Ive gone to far though so now I have to finish watching it. 

Â