Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, Ginko said:

Bloody hell I knew I recognised him from somewhere. America's love affair with Brits as their leading roles in TV doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. 

He was in The 100 for a few seasons too.

Stranger Things' soundtrack might be one of the best soundtracks ever. 6 episodes in now and it's never less than awesome. Any series that can shove Joy Division's Atmosphere and New Order's Elegia into scenes so effortlessly and perfectly timed is on to a winner.

I still feel like the show could make a turn and collapse under a poor choice (it's already had a couple of near misses) but otherwise it's fantastic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Stranger Things' soundtrack might be one of the best soundtracks ever. 6 episodes in now and it's never less than awesome. Any series that can shove Joy Division's Atmosphere and New Order's Elegia into scenes so effortlessly and perfectly timed is on to a winner.

Soundtrack was fantastic. Peter Gabriel's version of Heroes fitted in great.

• Like 1

I started Stranger Things yesterday.  I've got 2 episodes left.  And I only have those because I forced myself to leave something for this evening :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I started Stranger Things yesterday.  I've got 2 episodes left.  And I only have those because I forced myself to leave something for this evening :)

Same. It's brilliant.

About the closest I can get when asked to describe it is X-Files combined with Close Encounters

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Same. It's brilliant.

About the closest I can get when asked to describe it is X-Files combined with Close Encounters

At first (2 episodes) I feared Winona Ryder was going to absolutely drive me to distraction by being unwatchably annoying, but she improved, and plays bad mental curiously convincingly.  Almost like that frame of mind comes easy to her :P 

• Like 1

I need to get on the Stranger Things bandwagon. Having finished Billions and Legends and now up to date on Ray Donovan, I have a few spaces in my viewing schedule. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

I need to get on the Stranger Things bandwagon. Having finished Billions and Legends and now up to date on Ray Donovan, I have a few spaces in my viewing schedule. 

Watched the first 4 episodes last night. Due to the kids in it at time feels like it's  made by Spielberg feeling like the Goonies, ET or Super 8. 

It's very different and a the moment I have no idea about what's going on or where it is going. Has my girlfriend hiding behind the pillow. It's very good.

i was the same, 4 episodes last night, love it, agree its hard to know exactly which direction it'll head off in and the were some genuinely chilling moments but not so many that they lose impact, its all very well done and the 80s vibe to it is absolutely brilliant

from netflix i watch that, marco polo, orange is the new black, daredevil, jessica jones, making a murderer, master of none, sense 8, narcos when you then think i dont watch lilyhammer,  house of cards, bloodline, havent started marseille yet, tempted to try wet hot american summer

then you add in virunga, the square, winter on fire, crouching tiger hidden dragon 2, beasts of no nation, several stand up specials like jim jeffries and upcoming they have luke cage, defenders, punisher, the crown, the get down, lost in space, about another 20 films

mad how much good stuff they are churning out

I've got Netflix, NOW TV and Amazon Prime Video accounts.. .the amount of stuff to watch is staggering! I could give up work and watch TV full time and still wouldn't get through everything. 

This weeks Preacher...Wow. :o

Spoiler

Not quite sure I bought into Emily betraying the Mayor like she did, but the rest of the episode was excellent.

The Saint of Killers section :wub:

Â