Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Anyone watched River on BBC / Netflix?

Thinking of giving it a go.

I thought it was very good indeed, and if (like me) you're a fan of Stellan Skarsgård then you'll really enjoy it.

• Like 2

Watched a couple of episodes of new Netflix show Stranger Things last night.

On that first couple of episodes, it could be excellent. Its a sci fi, coming of age, old school family creepy show about a group of nerdy friends in 1980s small town America who have a friend mysteriously disappear and have a strange young girl come onto their life. It has it's influence dripping of it, the classic 1980s family mild horror/sci fi coming of age films, with the sensibilities of early Spielberg, a hint of Carpenter, and a dash of Stephen King.

I'm slightly wary of calling of it excellent straight up, because there's definitely places were it could veer off course into something I'd like less, but so far it's a joy to watch, even for it's flaws. The atmosphere is absolutely bang on, they nail that small town back of beyond America feeling where everything isn't quite right and the kids might know more than the adults, and its surprisingly effective in pushing that creepy feeling of unease and being watched in the appropriate scenes.

Also it has an awesome soundtrack. It juxtaposes 80s hits with this great synthy, ominous score.

Worth a watch.

• Like 3

Finished Legends season 2 the other night.

Its not a classic but its a decent spy drama - kind of similar to Spooks in a way

Worth a watch IMO

I'm enjoying Preacher. It's a bit of a slow burner and it seemingly doesn't know exactly what it's purpose is yet, but it's entertaining enough in fits and starts to keep me occupied while it hopefully figures that out. Conceptually it's right up my street.

The writers have said that they always intended the first season to be an origins story before kicking on, I can see season 2 being a ripper. Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started Mr robot, 2 episodes in and not really seeing what the fuss is

Then Mr Robot isn't for you. Give up on it. Don't become one of those whinging bastard's who watches shows they hate only to moan about it on IMDB!

I love Mr Robot, but I can see why some don't get it. Some weirdos didn't get Fight Club either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started Mr robot, 2 episodes in and not really seeing what the fuss is, also 2 episodes in to Gomorrah and hooked straight away

Gomorrah season 1 is one of the best things I've ever watched, enjoy!

• Like 1

Finally watched season 2 of The Tunnel which was good, not sure if it was better than the first though. Currently watching season 2 of Gomorrah which is very good, got 3 episodes left. Also started watching Limitless (2 espisodes in).

First episode of Eden... That Anton is a clearing in the woods! His idea is sensible but done the wrong way. The yoga instructor, what a useless cow. What the hell does the life coach bring. Finally how has the fisherman not caught loads? 

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

First episode of Eden... That Anton is a clearing in the woods! His idea is sensible but done the wrong way. The yoga instructor, what a useless cow. What the hell does the life coach bring. Finally how has the fisherman not caught loads? 

Yeah I caught this yesterday, could be interesting and I have it set to series record. Only slight issue is that there are so many people it's hard to really get to know more than a couple of them hence the whole episode only really following about 4-5 people.

• Like 1

Â