Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Second episode of Eden... That Tom is a complete prize prick and bully. 

It definitely got better this week then the first week. It's actually nice to see this sort of program actually use generally normal people rather than people looking for 15 minutes, like nearly every other reality show these days, I guess the length of the experiment meant it was serious applicants only.

Regarding Tom he does come across as a knob but then you have to remember that's a month worth of footage in a one hour show so it's still dependent on what the producers want to show. 

Im enjoying the show but it's hard to see how it can progress past the first couple of episodes really seeing as they've already built their shelter and given everyone daily/weekly jobs, it's just a matter of endurance now and seeing the time out, I will keep watching though. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2016 at 22:38, villa4europe said:

Finished billions, was going along good until episode 9

Reveal hidden contents

The funeral where the timeline jumps around a bit 

And then it ramped it up a notch, that episode was superb and the last episode 

I thought it was excellent and the last one sets it up nice for the next season.

I think I'm up to episode 6 of stranger things, kind of broke the back of what's going on, pleased it didn't down the fortitude route of being a bit shit after the reveal, still really good 

and yeah that bit with the lights was ace

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Stranger Things.

Episode 3.

R.

U.

N...

I think I'll be sleeping with the light on tonight. 

cissy.

I binged through in 2 days, at a loss with what to watch now.

Also, haven't noticed it posted in here, but Stranger Things season 2 (if it's renewed) will be a sequel.

10 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You are in for a real treat mate it is brilliant. 

About seven episodes in and enjoying it. Kinda hate Walter's wife though.

His first meeting with Tuco was fantastic...

"Fulminated Mercury!"

• Like 1

Regarding Stranger Things.

Spoiler

Overall, I think it's getting a lot more kudos than it probably deserves.  Maybe because the series came out of nowhere and was an unexpected treat.  It's good, it's enjoyable, but it's hardly worthy of the accolades that I'm reading every day.

It's basically the X-Files meets the Goonies.  As villa4europe says above, the first 6 episodes pretty much break the back of the series.  I'd say the first 5, and the last 2 are an especially predictable conclusion.

It's gripping at the start, ramps up for a few and then - once you 'get' the whole gateway, alternate reality thingamejig - it loses its impact and everything goes strictly by the numbers after that.

That undoubtedly makes it sound worse than it is.  I just think its many hackneyed tropes make it quite 'meh' when all's said and done. 

The reactions online make me think I'm commenting on The Emperor's New Clothes.

Sorry :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, V01 said:

cissy.

Haha! It caught me at the in moment, the build up was pitched just right. I won't say any more for fear of spoilers but it's one of the few times I've been genuinely 'scared' in a long while. Since The Babadook.

I want to also add that the sound design is utterly superb and the soundtrack is basically a list of my favourite tracks of all time utilised to perfection. For example I've never heard Elegia used on the screen before yet it's so fantastically creepy, it's perfect. 

I'm only on Episode 5 but I'm confident the Duffer brothers are creating a masterpiece here. 

• Like 1

Finished the latest season of OITNB.

Not that impressed. it ended well but the first 8 or 9 episodes were extremely dull.

Nearly finished Gomorrah Season 2. Contrary to most on here I don't rate it as highly as the first season, but aware it could still correct that in the last few episodes.

Stranger THings is next on the list.

Â