Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I had tried to watch The Wire but after about 5 episodes I cant help but feel that anyone who has recommended knew it was epically shit and the final shot of the final season must be to spread that its good as one big joke. 

Ha, its genuinely the best show I've seen... I will caveat that by saying I haven't seen Breaking Bad yet (I know, I know!)

For cop drama with a bit more bite the The Shield is outstanding as well. 

i think once you get your head round the wire not just being about the cops, the antagonists and the streets themselves have great character, then there's no going back, iirc it does take a few episodes to realise it's not about mcnulty 

i think that's why I'm liking Gomorrah so much, it's the only thing I can think of that's like the wire, the setting has as much character to it as any of the actors

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicho said:

I had tried to watch The Wire but after about 5 episodes I cant help but feel that anyone who has recommended knew it was epically shit and the final shot of the final season must be to spread that its good as one big joke. 

Agreed, watched 5/6 episodes and gave up, found it boring 

15 hours ago, Nicho said:

mog1.gif

No no no.  No no.  Just no.  At least give it 1 season!  It's character development!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Intend to do season 3 of GOT this weekend, hooked now. Cursing myself I was so dismissive of it.

I was dismissive for years too.  Fool.  Fool I tells ya !

I think that is only because season three of GoT has

Spoiler

probably one of the greatest and most shocking tv moments I have seen in my life, that it was always going to struggle to follow that.

Theres an argument to say thats a spoiler I guess and if someone had stayed spoiler free having that expectation might diminish the impact...

Spoiler

That moment is certainly a highlight of a show as a whole and  is an element in the stumble, but the story also loses it's way for a while with only the odd moment here and there getting it back to the top. It's still a great watch but it drops from a 90-ish% show to a 80-odd% show for a bit. This latest series has got it going again.

But still, great show.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Theres an argument to say thats a spoiler I guess and if someone had stayed spoiler free having that expectation might diminish the impact...

Reveal hidden contents

That moment is certainly a highlight of a show as a whole and  is an element in the stumble, but the story also loses it's way for a while with only the odd moment here and there getting it back to the top. It's still a great watch but it drops from a 90-ish% show to a 80-odd% show for a bit. This latest series has got it going again.

But still, great show.

Spoiler

Apologies, I would not have considered that as a spoiler as such. There are plenty of shocking stand out moments throughout GoT which I could have been referring to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Hide contents

Apologies, I would not have considered that as a spoiler as such. There are plenty of shocking stand out moments throughout GoT which I could have been referring to.

No worries it wouldn't personally bother me but others are more sensitive to those things. Especially if you had managed this long unspoiled!

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No worries it wouldn't personally bother me but others are more sensitive to those things. Especially if you had managed this long unspoiled!

Spoiler

Yeah I can understand, I had the first or second episode of season 4 ruined for me by a friend in Australia posting a blatant comment on Facebook. That was a real kicker, and annoying. So i always try to be as discreet as possible about these things.

Edited by NeilS

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just finished season 3 of Bojack Horseman. I enjoyed the series, but **** it was hard to get through, it's incredibly dark.

Is it worth starting? Would you recommend?

Â