Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Both 'Ballers' and 'Entourage' look like the type of show that would cause me to get off my arse & walk up to a wall and repeatedly bash my forehead against it.

OMG, you're such an Eric. That's totally what he'd say!

• Like 4

I'm not normally a fan of re-makes. You get used to certain actors playing certain roles and when you've loved a show in the past, the re-make never quite captures the spirit of the original. Having said all that, the new incarnation of DangerMouse is excellent :)

• Like 1

It's one of them where nothing happens but yet the writing and script and acting is so good that it's still compelling to watch, there's absolutely no tricks to it, just good TV

I personally liked the links to history too but your enjoyment of that will depend on how much you know of the events, the obvious one being the JFK episode

IMO for the first 1-3 seasons Pete absolutely steals the show, it's a shame he kind of dips in the middle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the never watched mad men camp ... let me know what you think Mike , at the moment I'm not prepared to risk viewing it based on nothing more than it was Levi's recommendation  :p

I've just started the final season of Mad Men. Trying to pace it so I'm just ready for the second part when it's released. I think I've taken about five years to get this far though. I lost interest for a bit but I think that was because I overdid it a bit. Its definitely nicely within my top five shows. Roger is a baller.

I wouldn't know what any of these shows are. I'm not allowed to watch anything interesting due to my tele nazi missus. It's wall to wall cooking shite - great british bake off, master chef, sunday lunch (or is it brunch?) endless shite that you can't even smell, let alone taste.

That or strictly. :angry:

If they had a strictly bake-off I think she'd wet her knickers. I'd defecate in mine.

Yeah and me, I'd seen something about it coming and watched it from week one, but I missed series six and the first half of seven, had to do catch up

Not sure why, I didn't like Meg or most of the 2nd half characters, I'd say pretty much from the end of series 4 when -

don goes on the attack over lucky strike

It slightly declines, but the last series is good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Started Ballers this morning. Resonates quite a bit with me given my line of work. Albeit the NFL is even worse than the premier league for bankruptcy/divorce etc.  Where do I recognise Ricky's agent from? Couldn't put my finger on it.

Edited by omariqy

I wouldn't know what any of these shows are. I'm not allowed to watch anything interesting due to my tele nazi missus. It's wall to wall cooking shite - great british bake off, master chef, sunday lunch (or is it brunch?) endless shite that you can't even smell, let alone taste.

If they had a strictly bake-off I think she'd wet her knickers. I'd defecate in mine.

Grounds for divorce. My missus watches Bakeoff, Strictly, Casualty and other stuff that doesn't interest me, but she plays fair with stuff that I want to watch and she doesn't. And there's plenty that we both like - The Killing, The Bridge, Breaking Bad, etc. Mad Men is one of those.

First impressions, based purely on the first episode, is that it's stylish and entertaining, but is a bit self-consciously 'educational' for the benefit of a younger audience than me. Kind of "Did you know, that back in the old days, people had different attitudes to smoking and sex?" Well, yeah, I was only a kid, but I did live through the sixties, so it's no big deal for me.

Buy a massive TV, set it up in the spare room and watch your shows in there!

There is no way I could put up with watching all that tv shite you described! I'd have to end the relationship

finished This is England while its good im a bit disappointed. Some of characters were too comical in this season like Woody parents and Miami Vice clowns which while funny they didnt fit into the tone of the show

Against my better judgement, I started Homeland (Season 4) last night as it just appeared on Netflix. I've now got to try and bat through it in double-quick time so I can keep up with Season 5 on Channel 4.

4 is my favourite series of Homeland so far

:o  S4 is easily the worst, IMO.

S1 was the best, and then it got slowly worse from then onwards.

Â