Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

He really isn't in enough, brilliant in TIE, IMO brilliant in Boardwalk, other than those two and then a small role in tinker taller and pirates of the Caribbean what's he done?

Snatch ;)

Stephen Graham played Billy Bremner in "The Damned United", he was also in "Tinker Tailor....".

I also saw him in "Parade's End".

But you're right Villa4europe, looking at his imdb he should be in a lot more things, terrific actor.

sorry, I missed that you said "Tinker, Tailor..".

Edited by Shropshire Lad

I think it's one of the strengths of the series, they can keep the core characters as a group and make it work but they can shift the attention to what you might consider lesser characters and still make it work, a series about gadget and Kelly? Shaun on the back burner? To be fair even woody hasn't been in it that much this time, some great comic relief but hardly core to the story

This is England - The English Wire?

I'm not sure they're comparable, in the sense of being similar in style (I would recommend Top Boy, which was also made by Channel 4, if you're looking for an English take on The Wire). Plus TIE is more of a mini series. I thoroughly enjoyed them both though. If it wasn't for the fact a new series of Fargo is on the way, I'd be gutted it's finished.

Edited by dAVe80

i can see a sort of comparison, different subject matters and ways of life but in the main its realistic, gritty, social commentry, character driven rather than anything else despite the fact that it still relies on and draws from its setting, utterly compelling despite the fact that not that much is actually happening, TIE has to speed things up because its so short but the pacing wouldnt be far off, the reliance on solid writing and acting as opposed to cheap shock and awe, they also both in the majority use music in the same way, background noise coming from an on set source, tv, stereo etc and have a strong finale tied in to music, the end of both programmes is pretty much the same, song of choice with a montage of the characters

the main difference between the two is the ad-lib nature of TIE

This is England - The English Wire?

I'm not sure they're comparable, in the sense of being similar in style (I would recommend Top Boy, which was also made by Channel 4, if you're looking for an English take on The Wire). Plus TIE is more of a mini series. I toughly enjoyed them both though. If it wasn't for the fact a new series of Fargo is on the way, I'd be gutted it's finished.

Hard Man, hey?

• Like 3

Â