Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

please please please dont **** this up! playing part 1 now its perfect for TV, the best game story ever told, they dont need to do anything special just be faithful to it, for those who know it looks like the DLC is in there too and im really interested where they do the obvious part of episode 1, if they drag it out until the end and do a cliff hanger or do it 20 mins in, they could flesh joel out more in the opening which might bore new people 

Ok yeah. I’m officially hyped

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

please please please dont **** this up! playing part 1 now its perfect for TV, the best game story ever told, they dont need to do anything special just be faithful to it, for those who know it looks like the DLC is in there too and im really interested where they do the obvious part of episode 1, if they drag it out until the end and do a cliff hanger or do it 20 mins in, they could flesh joel out more in the opening which might bore new people 

Craig Mazin is fantastic so I have faith. Hopefully they'll do the opening like the game and then do flashbacks to give the back story (including the dlc?)

I just can't wait!

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Craig Mazin is fantastic so I have faith. Hopefully they'll do the opening like the game and then do flashbacks to give the back story (including the dlc?)

I just can't wait!

That's how I'd like it, opening faithful to the game, dlc in flashbacks, that should work

Its Mazin and the naughty dog main writer so got to assume the writing should be spot on, one of the snippets before suggested they've take some lines direct from the game too, the interestingly thing will be where the ND guy takes it in the different media, what's in the game to add gameplay rather than story so will now be stripped out (Ellie on a pallet...) I can see them padding the fireflies out 

Can't wait for it, it's weird playing the game knowing it's coming and almost breaking it down in to episodes as I go

• Like 1

Started with the sequel to Quantum Leap. It's OK. It's nods to the original and it's entertaining. Will give it time but so far, it's OK. 

Watching it via means and not sure what, if any, service it is on. 

On 26/09/2022 at 11:19, Milfner said:

Episode 6 in particular was one of the most haunting & disturbing episodes of television I think I've ever watched. I just blankly stared at the credits as they rolled. Horrible. 

Yeah just watched this one. Horrible

Another great forgotten laugh out loud moment on The Sopranos. The young oriental kid, in the nut - house with Junior, telling him about the time he brought the spelling test result home to his father. Junior's face has the kid goes ape - shit with his "**** you, **** you" repeat to his father. That expression from Junior had me in stitches. 

Finished Dahmer. The dad Richard Jenkins was great and it was only now when I checked his name that I realised Shari was Molly Ringwald. She looked familiar all along.

Edited by NoelVilla
Spelling

On 28/09/2022 at 06:16, NoelVilla said:

As mentioned above. Epsisode 6 of Dahmer is very disturbing. It's all very well done but it is a hard to watch sometimes.

Without trying to spoil it for other VTers,  is that the episode with the deaf guy ?

If so, yes it was excellent in the way it was filmed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

After the weird Wales history episode the next 4 of Welcome to Wrexham have been really good.

I enjoyed the whole thing. Was like lighter version of all or nothing 

After finishing the series I'm still not a 100% sure on why Ryan Reynolds is involved. Rob McElhenney seems like a keen sports fans so I kinda understand his involvement, but I don't understand how he got Ryan Reynolds (who he doesn't know) to buy the team

8 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

After finishing the series I'm still not a 100% sure on why Ryan Reynolds is involved. Rob McElhenney seems like a keen sports fans so I kinda understand his involvement, but I don't understand how he got Ryan Reynolds (who he doesn't know) to buy the team

I heard that they never even met until they bought the team. Friends but only "internet friends"

22 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Same, it’s really odd isn’t it in that respect. It also feels like Ryan is doing the bare minimum. When they were talking about finances in the last episode (spending some more money to get up) it seemed like it was all Rob’s decision.

Its an enjoyable and easy watch that even the Mrs is watching.

Â