Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Simon Reeve’s South America on iPlayer. I love his programmes, he travels to some amazing places and meets lots of interesting people.

Episode four explores the vast salt flats in Bolivia and the Pantanal of Brazil, where the Hyacinth Macaws of @Xela‘s profile pic make an appearance. 

It’s chill, as my som would say. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Welcome to Wrexham is brilliant. Hope they get promotion this year.

It's good but does feel quite heavily scripted. 

I also feel a bit like they're a lower league Man City with enormous financial advantage. They're paying wages clubs two leagues above struggle with.

They're basically Salford City on steroids and they're nowhere near as popular. Shows how well marketed they are. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

Just finished ep 1 of Let The Right One In. Yup it borrows the name from that book/Swedish movie/ US remake.

The plot so far really doesn't have much in common with the original story apart from character types and I fully expect it to turn into something crappy. But the first ep wasn't all that bad tbh. Good enough for me to give it a few more eps.

LTROI_S1_PR_MAIN_Horz_900_rgb_zzmxsp

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've decided I'm going to complete Better Call Saul. I'm nearing the end of season 5. I really do feel it for Nacho. 

Got four episodes left of series 6. Been putting off watching it, Gonna do it this weekend

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Got four episodes left of series 6. Been putting off watching it, Gonna do it this weekend

It's weird because there's no doubting it's a good show, but I just haven't been able to binge it like I have other shows. I suppose the fact that' it's so slow paced at times is a factor.

I have  to mention the Lalo character, he's certainly not your  usual cold - blooded killer. He takes laid - back to a whole new level, yet that in itself is quite scary. Great acting.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Nine Perfect Strangers was pretty good. 

A very strong cast with some great performances, particularly from Regina Hall, Bobby Carnavale and even Melissa McCarthy who I don’t usually like. 

currently being shown weekly on C4 but available on Prime too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Really?  I've found him surprisingly funny.  Fern Brady is a definite WB.

Just comes across as arrogant and not funny. The laminator task made him come across as a dick to me, but it's all subjective I suppose :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ploughing through Dahmer and have to say it’s probably 2-4 episodes too long. Especially with the pacing of each episode.

I have one episode to go and I’m now beginning to tire of it. 

I think eight episodes would’ve been perfect. However the last episode is well worth a watch and very good on its own

Spoiler

I light the start with John Wayne Gacy and his side story

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

Watched the first episode of The Sweeney, on Amazon Prime. 

"We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner"

Brian Blessed as a villain, and June Brown giving her best Dot Cotton, 10 years before Eastenders. The villains all driving Jags, while the cops in a mix of Cortinas and Consuls. 

Lovely stuff. 

John Thaw was only 33 here 

MV5-BOWUz-N2-Jj-OWQt-Mm-E3-YS00-OGNl-LWI

• Like 2

On 05/10/2022 at 08:54, tomav84 said:

1 episode in to "the night of". not sure what services it's available on over here (it's an HBO drama that i got from the high seas) but it's got potential so far

On 05/10/2022 at 09:00, theboyangel said:

The Night Of is a sensational limited series show. Really good storyline and well acted.

Riz Ahmed and John Tuturro are brilliant in it. 

enjoy the rest of it! 

Probably the best first episode of any show ever

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Ploughing through Dahmer and have to say it’s probably 2-4 episodes too long. Especially with the pacing of each episode.

I have one episode to go and I’m now beginning to tire of it. 

It is a long slog. I’m only up to episode 7 now, each scene seems to be so drawn out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

It is a long slog. I’m only up to episode 7 now, each scene seems to be so drawn out. 

You've just seen Episode 6 though which is the best episode. And not too long at all

Â