Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:
The clearly racist elements in Dahmer were the neighbour continually phoning the police saying she can hear fighting/someone is being hurt/someone is being killed next door and the police not attending. I can't believe for a second if that is an affluent white area the Police don't immediately attend. Also smaller elements like when the Asian father spoke in court when Dahmer had sexually assaulted his son and the judge said he couldn't understand him so he got his son to speak and the judge not being interessted and then telligng them to submit a letter for court records. As already mentioned the Police making phone calls telling them to go back to their own country.

I thought the whole thing wreaked of institutional racism and homophobia on the side of the Police. How much of it was true I don't know.

But you can separate affluent and white and that's where I'm not so sure

Just started on The Offer. 10 part mini series about the making of The Godfather movie and so far it's really good. Every character is a bit ott and cartoonish but it's really fun and the story is great. So far it's quite fast paced which is fine by me.

It has 8.7 on IMDB so hopefully it will stay good.

The Offer – nyskriven ”behind the scenes” om mästerverket Gudfadern –  Allente

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But you can separate affluent and white and that's where I'm not so sure

I think the telling thing was when the young (white) adults were taking the photos of the apartment block (after Dahmer had gone to prison) and the black girl smashed their camera the Police rocked up 3 or 4 handed and arrested her.

As I said earlier whether all this was true or not I don't know but this portrayal certainly showed there was racist element on the part of the Police. 

• Like 1

I don't know how you can overlook the racism element of the Dahmer series.

Like Mark says, whether that's true or not I don't know. But it's certainly portrayed as part of a huge race issue

• Like 1

Don't disagree that it portrays it as racism but at the same time there's homophobia and elitism, they don't give a shit about what's going on in that part of town or to that 14 year old boy, there's zero empathy in the police and in society in general, you're then splitting hairs as to why

But like I said based on what was said in Gacy I lean more towards the homophobia

The neighbour also complained continously to the building superintendent who did nothing

I didn't watch it and think he was able to get away with it because the police are racist but I did think it was because so many in general just don't care

And with all this discussion I do also think for all these types of TV shows Dahmer did something that the others don't, they spent more time asking "why?" rather than just how

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree that it portrays it as racism but at the same time there's homophobia and elitism, they don't give a shit about what's going on in that part of town or to that 14 year old boy, there's zero empathy in the police and in society in general, you're then splitting hairs as to why

But like I said based on what was said in Gacy I lean more towards the homophobia

The neighbour also complained continously to the building superintendent who did nothing

I didn't watch it and think he was able to get away with it because the police are racist but I did think it was because so many in general just don't care

And with all this discussion I do also think for all these types of TV shows Dahmer did something that the others don't, they spent more time asking "why?" rather than just how

Not solely because of that, but that was definitely a part of it. I think the elitism and the racism goes hand in hand. It was a black neighbourhood, hence why the police didn't give a shit.

In fact one of the detectives interviewing explicitly says something along those lines. About that being why he moved to the black neighbourhood, because he could target black men and get away with it

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not solely because of that, but that was definitely a part of it. I think the elitism and the racism goes hand in hand. It was a black neighbourhood, hence why the police didn't give a shit.

In fact one of the detectives interviewing explicitly says something along those lines. About that being why he moved to the black neighbourhood, because he could target black men and get away with it

Yeah that was a good moment, the cop said it and Dahmer looked completely bemused

I'm not convinced he did target black men or was that clever

Edit -  anyone watched the tapes?  Not sure what that says on it, I'll leave it a month

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that was a good moment, the cop said it and Dahmer looked completely bemused

I'm not convinced he did target black men or was that clever

Edit -  anyone watched the tapes?  Not sure what that says on it, I'll leave it a month

No I don’t think he targeted them for those reasons (Chindie has covered why he went for black men) but what the detective said shows why he did get away with it, even if it wasn’t calculated

Bundy hasn't got a drama has he?

Now watching sins of our mother, not even really got in to what happened yet but it's balls to the wall crazy, it's funny how we all look to Islam and think it's this and that and should be disparaged and frowned upon and then these lot are way out there and every bit as extreme and dangerous as any other religion can be

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a true crime doc on Netflix about him, three parter. It's pretty good. Made with a lot of the people that he gave time to whilst on death row. A lot of tapes are played of his interviews.

Much better than the awful "shockingly evil...." movie with Zach Efron.

11 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

There's a true crime doc on Netflix about him, three parter. It's pretty good. Made with a lot of the people that he gave time to whilst on death row. A lot of tapes are played of his interviews.

Much better than the awful "shockingly evil...." movie with Zach Efron.

Yeah there's a Ted bundy tapes on there (same production company as the Gacy and Dahmer tapes?) but I haven't seen a reinactment drama for him

Haven't seen thr tapes stuff and don't know much about him

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bundy has had lots of series and films that focus on parts of his story. Nobody has really done the classic dramatisation in recent years though - there's been a few old limited series but not much since 2000. The stuff we have had has focused on things like his interactions with people behind bars, his completely mental 'collaboration' with police to capture the Green River Killer, and his life away from being a murderer (as in that Zac Efron movie).

The problem with Bundy is there's not really a story to him that makes him compelling. There's interesting things about him - his escape from prison, his trial, the rage moment that ended his spree, the necrophiliac side, a few aspects of his double life - but there's not really a narrative to him. He was just a monster who enjoyed being a monster.

• Like 1

stranger than fiction...seriously if dahmer wasnt a true story there'd be some eye rolling at it

making a murderer is still the best IMO and the one that kicked started it all for netflix and its the one that my wife has no interest in

anyone watched the staircase drama on HBO? got that lined up at some point as i liked the documentary, again he's another one where he's just interestingly weird and if it was just a drama im not sure id buy in to him

Â